Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I like this basketball team.  Also like hearing the coach telling his guys to not let Howard get easy buckets because of how horrible he is on the FT line.  That's normally a "No ****" type of thing, but I doubt our previous coaching staff would preach stuff like that (at least I didn't see it).

Edited by Renegade7

Wall just needs to slow it down a little bit and breathe.  He looks a bit rusty.  Still having a nice impact on defense and passing the ball.  And he's getting to the FT line by taking it to Bazemore and Schroeder.

Keef and Nicholson are having themselves a great game.  Morris has been a beast.  Getting excellent production from the PF position.

Otto and Beal are doing their thing.  Love what they've shown so far.  The three point attempts will start to fall.

Liked Burke's minutes too.  His job is to push the tempo as much as possible and drive hard every time he gets the ball.  Tire that defense out.  That's what he's done and he's managed to do it without chucking up bad shots or turning it over.

Thornton OTOH... is a bum.  He's not going to keep his spot in the rotation over Sato for long at this rate.

There've been a lot of silly mistakes and we had a nightmare shooting performance in that first quarter but we're going into the half on the road down by one against an evenly matched opponent.  That's OK.  Just need to work the nerves out and get into a groove.  Morris and Nicholson are already there.

Gortat has been getting whupped though.  Howard is too strong and quick for him and he's punishing Gortat every time he helps off.  Gortat was obviously way more effective against Muscala.  Howard can still fly.

Game has been so fast that the dudes haven't been able to wipe the floor off when the ball is on the other side of the court.  Wall has already fallen twice when trying to make a hard cut.

Thornton is horrible, I'd rather Garrett Temple.  Sadly the league went crazy and gave him 8 million a year.  Though I'm happy he got paid, he absolutely worked his butt off in this league to get it.  

Kelly Oubre drives are bad.  He needs to develop a pull up J or a floater because that hanging in the air mess he keeps trying is embarrassing.  Other than that I like what I see.  

Blazemore knows damn well what he did to Wall.  That **** move starts a fight in every park in the country, I've seen several.  

Brooks' impact on the offense is easy to see.  The team is generating open shots without the point guard creating them with regularity.  A lot more off ball movement.  That didn't happen under Wittman.