Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

What is Wall doing?! Did he forget the hornets could foul him? Then he throws it off the backboard.

I doubt he cares anymore. Honestly don't think this team likes Randy at all anymore. This reminds me of when the Caps players just checked out on Boudreu.

At this point I pray we don't sneak into the playoffs

Ted doesn't deserve the extra playoff dollars 

this can all be traced back to that meaningless 6 game win streak to end the season a few years back. those 6 games have caused us to spin wheels ever since

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Buck talking about Randy's teams coming off the tracks in the 3rd could be recorded and just replayed most games. What a mess.

I'm with Mr. Tony. Luke Walton could be a really good HC even without that amazing talent in GS. Get a much better GM than Ernie and a veteran coaching staff around him. Then overpay for a guy who has never done it before. I'd be patient for that. He's been part of this incredible situation the past few years. 

Buck talking about Randy's teams coming off the tracks in the 3rd could be recorded and just replayed most games. What a mess.

I'm with Mr. Tony. Luke Walton could be a really good HC even without that amazing talent in GS. Get a much better GM than Ernie and a veteran coaching staff around him. Then overpay for a guy who has never done it before. I'd be patient for that. He's been part of this incredible situation the past few years. 

GM: Troy Weaver

HC: Luke Walton

Make it happen Ted.

Might be the precursor to a Dudley trade...

By the sounds of folks from shootaround expect to see more Otto Porter at the 4 #WizardsTalk #WizKnicks #NBA

Feeling is Porter has bigger advantage vs most 4s and has a more aggressive streak thats needed #WizardsTalk #WizKnicks

Humphries (knee) practiced today. Said good chance he plays Tues v #Knicks #WizardsTalk #NBA

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah, **** giving Dudley to Cleveland. They have nothing to offer in return for him, JR Smith is the only contract in the neighborhood that makes sense, and I definitely don't want him.

Plus I kind of want us to bring Jared back for next year. He's good. Get him back, sign Ryan Anderson, and then between those two plus Beal and Neal, we'd have four 40% three ball shooters.

Can we trade Dudley for Morris twin #2? We seem to have a good report with Phoenix. Im just looking down the checklist of things that we desperately need on this team, and Morris basically fills it. 

1. Can defend from the 4 position

2. Can rebound

3. Can hit a perimeter shot if gifted a pass from Wall

Those are literally the only things we need our 4 to do, and yet we dont have a single guy who knows how to do that. Soon we are going to have to rely on Otto to do that on his bad hip... Nothing can go wrong there...Sure Morris might have an attitude problem, but if I signed a cheap deal under the premise of a package deal to keep my brother on the same team and they shipped him out in a year, I would be pissed too. Hes on a decent contract that is not going to affect our offseason plans. He might be a bit of a shot chucker, but Wall has the ball in his hands so much, he doesnt really even have the option of chucking that often here.

The alternative is to either over pay Duds or Ryan Anderson in the offseason. I hate that idea.

Or we can continue to see the 4 guard trend of Wall, Sessions, Neal, Temple....

Or a wild card trade of Gortat + Duds + 2016 unprotected 1st for Cousins? DeMarcus has got to be completely done with Sac town at this point.

If the Kings took this trade their fans should burn the arena to the ground. It would take at least Beal, Porter, Nene, an unprotected first and probably Oubre as well to get Boogie.

They should do that already.

I was half joking about such a one-sided trade. But we should absolutely have to ship them Marcin in the trade. In likely-hood it would take adding either Oubre or Porter to the trade. While I think our best lineups in the future are a Wall, Beal, Oubre, Porter lineup, its worth shaking up in order to land Cousins. They would probably take Oubre over Otto due to the contract. In any case, I like Otto more for his versatility. So: Gortat, Dudley, Oubre, + 1st for Cousins. Thats 2 youngsters, a great all around center, and a vet with a top 3 3pt percentage for a guy who doesnt want to go through the coaching **** again.

KD isnt coming here. Just expect Beal to get a lower end max this offseason. Wall, Beal, Cousins is fine enough to win in the East. F no to Griffin here in DC.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I wonder how much of a problem motivation really is. Every player on that team knew before preseason that this was a filler year. The team wasn't trying to grow off their playoff success. Rather, they were trying to bide time to try to land Durant. That's all well and good, but what's in it for most of the players.

They know they are done and the Wizards are keeping them only so they can dump them. Most of those players know the goal is not to resign them. They're waste. Through the season, it feels like (and I haven't watched many games) that many of these players are going through the motions. They are not trying. Maybe that's injury, maybe that's bad coaching, maybe, it's bad team construction, but I think it's also that they have nothing to fight for, and no way to win. The players who know they'll be retained Wall, Porter, Beal know this is a garbage year and those with expiring contracts know they're out.

They say defense is about effort and will. Every Witman team has at least been good on the defensive end until now. I wonder if the effort and will just isn't there that they sabotaged their own team by being so open about how they wanted to jettison its players for the chance to strike it rich with Durant.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

They should do that already.

I was half joking about such a one-sided trade. But we should absolutely have to ship them Marcin in the trade. In likely-hood it would take adding either Oubre or Porter to the trade. While I think our best lineups in the future are a Wall, Beal, Oubre, Porter lineup, its worth shaking up in order to land Cousins. They would probably take Oubre over Otto due to the contract. In any case, I like Otto more for his versatility. So: Gortat, Dudley, Oubre, + 1st for Cousins. Thats 2 youngsters, a great all around center, and a vet with a top 3 3pt percentage for a guy who doesnt want to go through the coaching **** again.

KD isnt coming here. Just expect Beal to get a lower end max this offseason. Wall, Beal, Cousins is fine enough to win in the East. F no to Griffin here in DC.

There's no way the kings are going to take an deal from the Wizards for Boogie that doesn't include Beal and Porter. He's an incredible talent and they aren't just going to give him away. I'm telling you it's going to take all of our good young players with Wall being the obvious exception.

I wonder how much of a problem motivation really is. Every player on that team knew before preseason that this was a filler year. The team wasn't trying to grow off their playoff success. Rather, they were trying to bide time to try to land Durant. That's all well and good, but what's in it for most of the players.

They know they are done and the Wizards are keeping them only so they can dump them. Most of those players know the goal is not to resign them. They're waste. Through the season, it feels like (and I haven't watched many games) that many of these players are going through the motions. They are not trying. Maybe that's injury, maybe that's bad coaching, maybe, it's bad team construction, but I think it's also that they have nothing to fight for, and no way to win. The players who know they'll be retained Wall, Porter, Beal know this is a garbage year and those with expiring contracts know they're out.

They say defense is about effort and will. Every Witman team has at least been good on the defensive end until now. I wonder if the effort and will just isn't there that they sabotaged their own team by being so open about how they wanted to jettison its players for the chance to strike it rich with Durant.

Been wondering much of the same since things started trending downwards. Its hard for a team to be 100% for each other when they know this season has essentially been punted. You can see it in the play on the court, communication breakdowns have been as big a part of the defensive collapse as anything else.

It also makes me wonder just how hard guys are fighting to get back from injuries (I do not include Beal in this, or Otto who is just frail). Wall and Gortat have been playing wounded all year, then you have guys like Nene, Humphries, and whatever the hell is going on with Alan Anderson who seem to enjoy suits more than jerseys.

We all knew Wittman's style of coaching comes with an expiration date before the players inevitably grow tired of hearing the voice. He has nothing to fall back on when his motivational approach fails.

Ted & Ernie have misjudged this year and the future they were building to has likely become collateral damage.

Edited by StillUnknown

Yeah, I can also tell you it's tough to keep fighting when you know it's the end.

I was with a media group that was hurting a little while ago. They had a round of lay offs and then we heard word from corporate that there was going to be a reorganization not just of our bureau, but the whole media empire. We all kept going. We were pros and we did our best to do the job right. Then, we got word that they were taking us off the air (we were radio) and that we were to proceed as an internet magazine.

It was kind of a death knell. Everyone tried to keep up their spirits, everyone tried to be a pro, but we knew the ship was going down. It got so hard to do that little extra or be really aggressive. I still took pride in my pieces as did my co-workers, but at the same time, we kind of started going through the motions.

Half the Wizards' team right now knows it's dead man walking and while I'm sure they want to be pros and know that they are auditioning for their next team... they also know that the Wiz want this to be their last year with them regardless of if they are good, great, or suck.  

That's a tough place to be in esp. if things are going bad or if you are hurt. Where's the incentive to fight for your team and risk your future?