Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

He mentions that the red, white and blue primary logo is correct. A while back, they were trotting out a supposed "leaked" picture of NBA merchandise that had the current logo but in red, blue and white. The only mention this guy makes is to the change of the secondary logo.

I thought that picture was a fake?

Either way, I'd prefer Red/White/Blue and that logo to the current scheme.

Yeah I was about to say, I could definitely live with the Wizards name with jerseys like those.

I've never really minded the Wizards name....I just could't stand those hideous uniforms and the awful primary logo (I like the current secondary logo)

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/29133830

Kentucky's Terrence Jones announced via Twitter on Saturday that he's withdrawing from the NBA Draft and returning to school for his sophomore season.

"I've been enjoying being a college player and plan on striving to reach my goal of winning [uK's eighth national title]," Jones Tweeted.. "I can't leave the [big Blue Nation] just yet.

Jones averaged 15.7 points and 8.8 rebounds last season while helping the Wildcats make the Final Four. The 6-foot-8 forward was a projected lottery pick but decided to return and play with Darius Miller and a star-studded recruiting class that should have Kentucky ranked no lower than second in every preseason college basketball poll, No. 1 in some.

Underclassmen who have declared for the NBA Draft have until Sunday to withdraw.

another one bites the dust

The DC Flag uniforms are nice.

In 10-15 years Under Armour will all but end Reebok and will be pretty close to Nike. As far as brand recognition goes.

uhhh, not a chance, maybe reebok

but never, ever nike. Under armour is a joke in the shoe department, only scrubs wear UA shoes

http://twitter.com/#!/TheHoopsReport/status/66932196111417344

As a Georgetown fan I had a feeling this was going to happen. :(

I heard that Georgetown's Hollis Thompson really stood out, so much that NBA teams would be interested in him

http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider/status/67256819558526976

Sources say that Jamine Peterson, DeAndre Liggins, Cory Joseph, Hollis Thompson & Diante Garrett looked the best in NJ workouts on Sat
Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I've never really minded the Wizards name....I just could't stand those hideous uniforms and the awful primary logo (I like the current secondary logo)

I don't know, I still don't like Wizards. It's too D&D and isn't intimidating, nor does it have anything to do with the region. It hasn't been around long enough to become entrenched as one of those quirky names that are cool because the team won a bunch of championships with it despite the fact the name is either dorky or has nothing to do with its location (Celtics/Lakers).

Changing the jerseys and logo is a step in the right direction but Leonsis needs to finish the process and change the name too. Step back for a second, can any of you honestly see a team called the Wizards being a fearsome squad?

The name doesn't have to go back to being the Bullets, I'd be happy with almost anything aside from Wizards or Generals (boy that would be terrible). Just don't leave the decision up to fan voting. Fan voting is the worst. That's how we ended up with the Richmond Flying Squirrels.

after they bust out the new uni's. The Org will accept gently worn older wizards gear for donation and give fans a discount on new gear. The donations will be given to charities.

Imagine in Snyder did that with Skins gear featuring rented players!?!

Edited by Buford