Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wow...great posts Vishal...very informative. I like the fact that Nick holds his opponent to such a low PER. I do realize that some of these metric stats hold some water....I believe the Rocket's GM studies them religiously and they've made some pretty good moves recently and should be a pretty good team in the future....but anyway....

I actually watch about 80% of the Wizards games (this is a conservative estimate) and I understand basketball....so I already know that Nick Young has had a very good year and Blatche for the most part has been terrible.

All you have to do is whatch the game and see how many possessions Dray kills...not to mention he is lazy, un-coachable, and is a cancer on and off the court.

Where did this Sicksoulja come from anyway....and what the **** has be been watching all year?

For those of you who are stat thumpers.....did you notice that Andray is shooting 43.8% from the field this year? That is a bad percentage for a guard, let alone a Power Forward. He is ranked 46 in the league among forwards in shooting percentage....that is absolutely horrible!

Dray definitely has a ton of talent and athleticism...unfortunately he is lazy, has a terrible attitude, and is not coachable

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 01:38 PM ----------

step back and no your role youngsta..

yeah! "no" your role "youngsta"

really? haha

I can say I have watched a good 80% of the games this year and NICK YOUNG is well Nick Young a chucker and nothing more. Blatche was hurt for the most the season he had zero preseason too get in shape. Let me make this clear I am not a Blatche fan like I said before but I just don't see why everyone is so in love with Nick Young I just don't see it. Hollinger doesn't either I guess.

I can say I have watched a good 80% of the games this year and NICK YOUNG is well Nick Young a chucker and nothing more. Blatche was hurt for the most the season he had zero preseason too get in shape. Let me make this clear I am not a Blatche fan like I said before but I just don't see why everyone is so in love with Nick Young I just don't see it. Hollinger doesn't either I guess.

Nick was pretty consistent this year and he was more efficient than Blatche. He also has never been arrested for picking up a prostitute; hasn't threatened anyone on twitter; and he put on about 15 pounds of muscle this offseason rather than play the whole season out of shape. He also hasn't had any run ins with the coach during the game which causes him to get benched the rest of the way and suspended (before the GM stepped in).

Nick also plays defense, unlike Blatche and fits his role on the team.

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 01:56 PM ----------

he's the Wizard's version of Haynesworth

not a bad comparison...although, as far as skill is concerned....Haynesworth is one of the best Defensive Lineman in the NFL....Blatche (with out the attitude) is probably still a below average PF in the NBA (mainly because he doesn't play defense and he is terribly inefficient)

anyone want free uppers to the game tonight?

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 05:42 PM ----------

HA, I am done with Nick Young talk but for the last time HE IS NOT A GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYER, neither is Blatche but he does way way way more.

Blatche is a complete bum

This Blatche v Young debate is getting ridiculous.

Nick Young talks about how great he played after a loss. That's an attitude indicative of a loser. If I have to watch that smiling bama talk about a high scoring performance after a loss again my TV may not survive it. He can't pass worth a damn, though perhaps he's improve this aspect of his game if he tried it more often. This is not a quality that any shooting guard in the league should have unless he happens to be a super star, which Nick Young is not.

Is he better than Blatche? Certainly. Blatche is a terribly inefficient player. Let's not pretend Nick Young is good, or my properly stated, good for the Washington Wizards. Both players shoot to damn much in instance when they should be passing. Young looks better doing so because he's a better shooter and Blatche is too damn lazy to get higher percentage shots. If Crawford improves his shot Young won't be a starter on this team.

This crazy shot selection IMO stinks of a team that's entirely out of control. McGee's "triple double" is all the evidence you need that this team is a circus and it starts with the GM and coach. You will never see a young team do anything but make mistakes with a coach and GM that have no respect. This team is going young and unless we get some control it will continue to fail even if Young and Blatche are both off the team next season.

Again team needs upgrades in the following order (starters):

GM/Coach

SF

PF

C

Edited by Destino

In my opinion Lamar Odom is a worst case scenario with Perry Jones....I see him more as a better shooting, more athletic Bosh

I think he's a lot quicker than Bosh. You really see it in his HS highlight videos, moreso than the Baylor clips (although he still looks fast). The dude is quick twitch and he is going to be a matchup nightmare in the NBA.

Bosh makes sense as another extremely long, wiry player, but the speed and the body control are better in Perry Jones. He's got the agility and movement skills of a guard whereas I think Bosh is a bit more leggy and lumbering.

Lamar Odom doesn't really have the speed of Jones either. Honestly, the guy he looks like to me in terms of sheer athleticism is KD. He's got those long skinny arms and legs like Durant and he runs about as fast as him. He's also got really quick hands like KD and the elite coordination. Obviously the skills aren't really comparable between them. KD is a much better scorer and more confident player with deadly long range, and he was all of those things as a college freshman.

But in terms of just sheer athleticism and body type there is a lot of KD in Jones' wiry build.

I think he's a lot quicker than Bosh. You really see it in his HS highlight videos, moreso than the Baylor clips (although he still looks fast). The dude is quick twitch and he is going to be a matchup nightmare in the NBA.

Bosh makes sense as another extremely long, wiry player, but the speed and the body control are better in Perry Jones. He's got the agility and movement skills of a guard whereas I think Bosh is a bit more leggy and lumbering.

Lamar Odom doesn't really have the speed of Jones either. Honestly, the guy he looks like to me in terms of sheer athleticism is KD. He's got those long skinny arms and legs like Durant and he runs about as fast as him. He's also got really quick hands like KD and the elite coordination. Obviously the skills aren't really comparable between them. KD is a much better scorer and more confident player with deadly long range, and he was all of those things as a college freshman.

But in terms of just sheer athleticism and body type there is a lot of KD in Jones' wiry build.

agreed...didn't even think to compare him to KD, but that isn't a bad comparison. Obviously KD is much more of a scorer and just better all around than Perry, but Perry could develop into that sort of long SF. I sitll like the Idea of him as an athletic PF, but we could use either.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/index.php/article/2011/04/uncs_john_henson_harrison_barnes_give_draft_timetable

UNC’s John Henson, Harrison Barnes give draft timetable

John Henson and fellow North Carolina basketball players competed against other students on Monday at the basketball courts near Cobb Residence Hall.

The spectators Monday had one united wish — to see the team’s stars return for the next basketball season.

“It’s something for them to watch and still see there’s basketball and that we aren’t going anywhere,” Henson said, then paused. “I mean, that we’re not going anywhere right now.”

Henson, a projected lottery pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, said he’ll have a decision on his plans for next year by Saturday. Teammate Harrison Barnes, who is all but guaranteed a top-five pick in the draft, will have fans wait just a few days longer.

“It’ll probably be in at least a week, week and a half or so,” Barnes said.

The deadline for early entry into the draft is April 24.

Among the Tar Heels who competed Monday were Henson, Barnes, Kendall Marshall, Dexter Strickland, Leslie McDonald, Justin Watts and Daniel Bolick. Injured forward Reggie Bullock stood on the sideline while he continues his recovery from knee surgery in March.

UNC junior big man Tyler Zeller, who is projected by some draft analysts to go in the first round of July’s draft, was not at Cobb.

you'd think someone compared to Durant would be the surefire #1 pick in a very weak draft. Yet in recent mocks I've seen, he's not even in the top 5

He was number one in all the mocks up until about the half way point of the season. I think part of the reason he dropped is because his team was pretty much irrelevant...they didn't even make the tourney!

I wouldn't be surprised if Perry is #1 overall due to him having way more potential than anyone in the draft....but regardless he is a lock for top 5.

I gotta say' date=' i love the way Washington has been playing the past 5 games. Absolutely love it. Crawford and Wall are terrific together. Even Blatche is putting some effort out there on the court. This draft will be extremely important to put this team over.[/quote']

we're almost playing too well, I gotta check the standings, but if we play ourselves out of a top 5 pick, then it does more harm than good

Edited by StillUnknown

I gotta say' date=' i love the way Washington has been playing the past 5 games. Absolutely love it. Crawford and Wall are terrific together. Even Blatche is putting some effort out there on the court. This draft will be extremely important to put this team over.[/quote']

I'm still waiting for Blatche to call time out during play, walk over to the DJ, grab the Mic and scream "April Fools" and revert back to his bum ways.

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

we're almost playing too well, I gotta check the standings, but if we play ourselves out of a top 5 pick, then it does more harm than good

not gonna happen....we only have like 5 games left (a few against playoff opponents) and we have about a 2 1/2 game cushion on the 3 spot..haha. This team needs to win as many games as possible the rest of the way.....positive momentum will mean a lot for these young players. With the lottery (and stern fixing it) we have no control over where we pick anyway!

Sacramento (I mean Anaheim) will be awarded the #1 overall by Mr. Stern this year.

Edited by Gator Bait

I guess this is my problem with this whole argument. Young is not a bum. He is practically the definition of a role player.

A "bum" is someone like Blatche who just by being on the court hurts the team. If he played within his limits, meaning not chucking at piss poor efficiency to his hearts delight, then he wouldn't get classified as one. If we wasn't such a moron off the court, then this might not even be a debate.

Whatever though. I really shouldn't expect casual fans to be fully aware.

You're right. Maybe I shouldn't call Young a bum. If that is the case, I will go on record by saying Blatche is not a bum either. However, the rest of the country thinks they are bums.

Maybe for these two, inconsistent might be a better word.

I just got in the house from school the first thing I see is two fast breaks, where John Wall out ran everybody on the court and went strong to the hoop. Dude is so fast it is scary.....

The Spurs lost 5 in a row for the first time since 1997 the other day and we're celebrating a 3 game winning streak. Ah well, baby steps I suppose. Like how this team is playing and i think the injuries have forced flip to trust his players and shorten his bench. All in all, if we retain our draft position this is a pretty positive finish to the year.

Everyones favorite poster aka the Nick Young hater was at the game today!! I have been at least 8 games this year all in section 200s, this time I was section 111 row B!!! I was on the floor! Center court!! The game is a whole different beast down there feels like you are in the action! Amazing.

Mo Evans played out his mind the first quarter, Blatche was the offense the 2nd and 3rd and man Wall came up big got too the line time after time . Crawford, and McGee struggled. I didn't know Tracy McGrady was that big WOW he's huge him and that tall skinny dude was killing us when they was paired together total mismatch for Wall and Crawford.