Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Jesus Christ the radio broadcast blows. No lie, they've spent the last 20-30 mins interviewing some random fan they picked out of the crowd. Asking his opinion of calls, talking about the DC United, talking about what he does for a living. While the game is going on. Horrible idea.

Jesus Christ the radio broadcast blows. No lie, they've spent the last 20-30 mins interviewing some random fan they picked out of the crowd. Asking his opinion of calls, talking about the DC United, talking about what he does for a living. While the game is going on. Horrible idea.

You're talking about the geologist guy. :ols:

You're talking about the geologist guy. :ols:

Lol, yeah. What the hell was that? I work nights and drive for a living, so I prob catch 1/3 of the games on the radio. Normally they interview HOFers, ex-Bullets/Wizards, and ex-players in general (Kevin Love's dad last week for example). Tonight we get some geologist who's at the game with his wife and 16 month old daughter. Fav Bullet player ever? Scott Skiles. Fav current player? Javale McGee. Not a travel by Hickson. Excited about the United, Charlie Davis is legit. On and on. WTF? Did he win a contest or something?

Crawford's not use to playing this many minutes.

He barely played in the ATL.

IIRC he was only getting like 8 or 9 mins a game with Atlanta.

The fact that he's of the infamous Lebron Dunk Tape makes it that much better. I almost want to declare the Curse O' Les Boulez dead and buried.

---------- Post added April-1st-2011 at 09:35 PM ----------

I was telling Gator Bait that this is a great example of why I hate Blatche so much. He's more thuan capable of being a good to very good player. But he's too much of a lazy, unfocused child to ever be consistent and play up to his abilities. Players like that don't win. It's infuriating to me.

What on Earth? What the hell was this game? I was at my buddies and missed it. I wish I could have seen this one. Crawford with a triple double? Blatche with 36 points and 16 offensive rebounds? WTF! Just how ****ty is Cleveland?

We've had friggin three triple doubles by three different players this year and each of them under unusual/bizarre circumstances, even for a triple double. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. This makes my head hurt, I think I'm just going to go play video games.

I just came from a Hawks message board and they are NOT happy. :pfft:

We swindled a division rival! The Wizards! This must be what Patriots fans get to feel like.

---------- Post added April-1st-2011 at 10:44 PM ----------

Serious question, are John Wall and Jordan Crawford:

--the two best rookie guards?

--the two best from the 2010 draft class?

--the two best players from the 2010 draft class?

Gary Neal technically counts as a rookie even though he's 26. Not that it matters to me, I would say Crawford and Wall are absolutely better. I also think they are better than Landry Fields and would rather have both than him.

I'm not sure if I'd say they were the best players from the 2010 class yet because of Greg Monroe. Could be though.

I think that Crawford trade could go down as the biggest heist our franchise has ever pulled off.

---------- Post added April-1st-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

Another fun fact - Crawford's per minute numbers are ridiculous: 24, 5, and 5. If he'd actually been starting for us all season he could have had a more productive season than Tyreke Evans did last year. The 20, 5, and 5 rookie club is a pretty select group. I doubt Crawford could have gotten there this year, but I think he'd have been scratching on the door.

If Crawford gets to start next season I'm drafting him as a late round sleeper for my fantasy team.

Just got back from the Green Turtle. That place was live tonight.

Blatche continues to confuse me.

Crawford continues to impress me.

This team is going to be so much fun to watch for the rest of the season and all next season, if there is a season. Wall and Crawford with a full year together will be something to see.

I just came from a Hawks message board and they are NOT happy. :pfft:

What's the site? I love reading other team's message boards.

And Steve, you forgot DeMarcus Cousins. I'd put him #2 after Wall (I refuse to count Blake Griffin as a rookie). nba.com has Crawford as the 4th best after Wall, Cousins and Monroe.

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/

Pretty damn good. I can't believe how fast Ted and Ernie have started to turn this thing around. Us Wiz fans are used to 20 year rebuilding plans.