Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The NFL needs a rookie cap like the NBA, and the NBA needs a franchise tag like the NFL.

I can't imagine the NBA getting one. Player absolutely hate it and the NBA is already going to be demanding they give up guaranteed contracts which alone is a major concession. Plus it looks like they want a hard cap and draw the line lower than the current soft cap.

Unlike the NFL there are a lot of leagues in the world for basketball that will pay top dollar for current NBA players so most of these guys will easily be able to find work if needed in the event of a lock out. The only thing keeping many players in the NBA is the prestige of playing in the best league on the planet. T

Edited by Destino

Not a consiparcy against the Wiz, because their problem is, they just plain suck. The NBA has their top 8 teams they like to see in the playoffs. With a league that has had only 8 teams win a championship in 30 years (and over half won by the Lakers and Celtics) its easy to see that Donaghy and the other refs were right.

It's weird, but when you think about it, the last 2 teams besides the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Heat and 76ers to win the NBA championship, were the Sonics in 79 and the Bullets in 1978. I guess I can add the Blazers with 77. The Celtics won it in 76.

The 70's was the only wide-open decade with real parity in NBA history. Bring back the ABA!

I think endorsement dollars are prob more of an incentive than just the idea of playing in the NBA.

I've heard a few things that the owners are shooting for in this upcoming CBA:

- Hard Cap

- Franchise Tag

- Elimination of the MLE

- Allan Houston Rule

Sorry for my ignorance but what would be the Allan Houston rule? I remember he signed for the Knicks awhile back for a huge contract. Thats all I got haha.

I love the Allan Houston Rule. It was put in place in the last CBA in 2005. It's an amnesty move. It gave teams a one time chance to wipe themselves clean of a bad contract. They would still have to pay the player and it would still impact the cap, but it wouldn't be counted toward the luxury tax. They called it the Allan Houston Rule because of Allan Houston's absurd $100+ million contract with the Knicks. He blew out his knees and never played again after geting the contract. And then the Knicks didn't use the Allan Houston Rule with Allan Houston, lol (I forget who they used it on).

I love the Allan Houston Rule. It was put in place in the last CBA in 2005. It's an amnesty move. It gave teams a one time chance to wipe themselves clean of a bad contract. They would still have to pay the player and it would still impact the cap, but it wouldn't be counted toward the luxury tax. They called it the Allan Houston Rule because of Allan Houston's absurd $100+ million contract with the Knicks. He blew out his knees and never played again after geting the contract. And then the Knicks didn't use the Allan Houston Rule with Allan Houston, lol (I forget who they used it on).

Ahh gotcha, thanks dude. Also wasn't it for that fatass Eddie Curray or something like that??

Na Curry was still under his rookie contract with the Bulls then. And still somewhat productive and promising. The Eddy Curry/Allan Houston Rule talk you've heard is people wishing they would bring it back so the Knicks could let his ass go. I'm pretty sure he's in the final year of his contract so it's too late now.

hate it when guys give up uncontested lay ups and dunks....you have 6 fouls...might as well use 5 hard ones

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

awesome....Yi fouls out...now he can't **** it up for us in the end....we will win now!

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 11:05 PM ----------

smart play by Jerrers