Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And shout out to Whitman for letting Seriphan get that burn in the second quarter.

*fourth quarter too

I know he gets a lot of hate, and deservedly so for the most part, but I think Wittman has been excellent this year at riding the hot hand. That's especially important when you have a team as deep as this one.

"Can Washington get on the level of Chicago?" ESPN announcer

Um....they do realize that we beat them in the playoffs, right?

Beat me to it. Another thing I learned from ESPN tonight: it's the best start for the Wizards in 40 years, since the '74-'75 season...when Paul Pierce was 3 years old

• Like 1

Having watched the Cavs it's easy to see why Love is struggling.  They have horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE, ball movement and passing in general.  He's used to getting the ball early in the shot clock in positions to score and now he's getting it late after Kyrie runs into a roadblock and needs to get rid of the ball.  They have two point players dribbling a lot looking for their own shot.  Lebron is allowed, because he's the best player on the planet, but Kyrie needs to do what Wade did and that's accept a new role. 

That team has a ton of individual players that aren't meshing right now. 

Also, Waiters needs to demand a trade before he finds himself playing in China.  He doesn't fit and I think he's reacting badly to being benched.    

Edited by Destino

"Can Washington get on the level of Chicago?"  ESPN announcer

Um....they do realize that we beat them in the playoffs, right?

Great win....Living in NY, I don't get to see the Wizards play often, so this was a treat.    :D

Yeah they keep talking about Toronto and us being the second tier of the conference behind Cleveland and Chicago.

Mother****ers we beat Chicago in five games when they had home court last year. We've BEEN better than them.

Toronto and Washington are the FIRST tier of the conference. I goddamn guarantee Toronto finishes as the one seed and we're probably going to be #2.

ESPN has been behind the curve on both Toronto and us every damn step of the way. They've been too busy with their LeBron/Cleveland and Rose/Chicago chug fest. They're stupid.

• Like 3

Chicago has a better team than the Wizards. They have Gasol now and of course Rose at 75%, lets slow down and at least play them first.

As for tonight. Wot a player John Wall is. What a player. Wow. Midrange jumper and a floater and he is a 23 points, 11+ assists, 5 rebounds a game guy. Complete opposite of Teen Wolf Irving.

Cavs wont be good, imo. Not until they get a rim protector. ITs why I never bought the Miami comparisons. Miami could effing defend from day one.

Cleveland cannot. Especially Love.

Chicago has a better team than the Wizards. They have Gasol now and of course Rose at 75%, lets slow down and at least play them first.

As for tonight. Wot a player John Wall is. What a player. Wow. Midrange jumper and a floater and he is a 23 points, 11+ assists, 5 rebounds a game guy. Complete opposite of Teen Wolf Irving.

Cavs wont be good, imo. Not until they get a rim protector. ITs why I never bought the Miami comparisons. Miami could effing defend from day one.

LeBron's defense has slipped as well

Hell no Chicago is not better than us. Rose isn't at 75%. He won't even play 75% of their games. And Pau Gasol does NOT make up the substantial gap between them and us from last season. A gap that's grown wider, not smaller, because we've gotten better. A lot better than they got. Last time we played them, we beat their asses in 5 games. Until that changes, we're better than them.

• Like 3

I've said it before but I can't say it enough, I just absolutely love listening to John Wall get interviewed after games. The dude flat out gets it. We are blessed to have him. Ditto Beal.

Yeah, this team is easy to root for.  Who on this team does anyone really hate and why?  Wall and Beal are cool as can be.  Gortat is rocking a giant with a mohawk, and yet still comes off as a friendly guy.  Porter is the kid everyone loves to root for, the text book team player.  Seraphin sounds like what I like to imagine the giants from Jack and the beanstock would sound if they were real and while he may play badly, he never stops trying.

The team passes the ball plays defense and lacks a real super star.  This is the kind of team fans of the game, love. 

Hell no Chicago is not better than us. Rose isn't at 75%. He won't even play 75% of their games. And Pau Gasol does NOT make up the substantial gap between them and us from last season. A gap that's grown wider, not smaller, because we've gotten better. A lot better than they got. Last time we played them, we beat their asses in 5 games. Until that changes, we're better than them.

This, this annnnnd this. We completely dominated them in the playoffs last year. We won in 5 games and it wasn't even that close. Did they improve? Probably. Did we improve? Yes. Is a 34-year-old Pau Gasol going to put them over the top on us? Really? Is John Wall going to have issues with a soft and brittle 75%-of-his-former-self DRose? Really? No, the Bulls aren't better than us. If it's going to take us making them our **** in the postseason again for you to see that JoeW, so be it.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Yeah, this team is easy to root for. Who on this team does anyone really hate and why? Wall and Beal are cool as can be. Gortat is rocking a giant with a mohawk, and yet still comes off as a friendly guy. Porter is the kid everyone loves to root for, the text book team player. Seraphin sounds like what I like to imagine the giants from Jack and the beanstock would sound if they were real and while he may play badly, he never stops trying.

The team passes the ball plays defense and lacks a real super star. This is the kind of team fans of the game, love.

I honestly think Wall and Beal are both on the verge of real suoerstardom but we shall see.

And I got to be honest, the Mavs game, I started to write out a post about Garrett Temple has officially become the first player I hate on this team. I stopped myself though. He's a real good guy, a good human being, the type of guy that championship benches are made up with and he's been forced into a position he shouldn't be in. That's not his fault. And apparently he's battling injuries too. So yeah, it was ****ed for me to start to even go there with him: hate. So na, there isn't a single player on the team that even comes close to getting legitimate hate. It's always super-duper awesome when your can say that about your team.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 2

I love this team, so so much. I was getting high fives from Bulls fans all night who are so impressed with what we have here in DC. Everything about that win was entertaining. Hell, I'm starting to love Raaaaaaandy.

On the flipside, good luck to the Cavs sorting that mess out. Everyone who texted me live from the Phone Booth said the ball movement was as terrible as it looked on the TV Screen.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Ted and Wale both pointed to the LeBron crybaby poster and started laughing. Awesome

Backcourt debate? Goodnight Cavs, you're drunk. Wall/Beal (40pts, 12ast, 11reb, 7stl & +36) Irving/Waiters (24pts, 3ast, 5reb, 4stl & -9)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 3

The Wizards are the 2nd best team in the East. You can't really debate otherwise. If only we could beat the Raptors...

And Wall is the best PG in the East. Rose never plays, Irving is a volume scorer and that's it, and Rondo is overrated when he not playing with 3 HOF-ers. In fact, the 2nd best PG in the East is Kyle Lowrie.

• Like 1

Like I said, lets play them first. But this Bulls team destroyed Toronto a few weeks ago, and some of you are calling the Raptors a tier 1 team in the East. Jimmy Butler has taken a big step forward too. I think they are better, and having Rose at just 75% makes them the favorite. It seems a lot of you are being homers with the Bulls disrespect.

THe big problem with the Bulls in teh playoffs is that htey had no scorer. Rose at 75% and Gasol makes up for that.

Like I said, lets play them first. But this Bulls team destroyed Toronto a few weeks ago, and some of you are calling the Raptors a tier 1 team in the East. Jimmy Butler has taken a big step forward too. I think they are better, and having Rose at just 75% makes them the favorite. It seems a lot of you are being homers with the Bulls disrespect.

THe big problem with the Bulls in teh playoffs is that htey had no scorer. Rose at 75% and Gasol makes up for that.

Styles make fights. The Raptors are scared of Chicago. And we struggle with the Raptors because we struggle against long, athletic bigs.

The Bulls need to actually beat us before anyone can claim they're better. Otherwise it comes down to bull**** Rose hype. We're not the ones with something to prove.

And once again, Rose is nowhere near 75% of what he used to be. He's not even playing most nights. The guy is Penny Hardaway. He will never be close to what he used to be. People need to stop acting like he significantly changes Chicago's fortunes.

Also they had a healthy Noah last season. They got his career best season last year, there is no way they're getting 80+ games and a DPOY out of him again this year.

The big problem with the Bulls is they simply couldn't match up with us. The talent gap was obvious last season. An old ass Pau Gasol doesn't change that. A washed up Derrick Rose doesn't change that. Jimmy Butler is improved, but he doesn't change that either when all of our young players are improved too AND we got a bunch of new and better players. When all is said and done, the strides that Beal's made from this year to last are going to be > the strides Butler's made. And Beal will be a better player.

And finally, that Chicago team is already running a playoff rotation ten games into the year too. Thibs can't help himself. They're going to be worn out long before the postseason starts.

Chicago is fraudulent. I don't understand all of the love they're getting at all. We beat their asses in five games as the lower seed. That's all that really needs to be said.

The Bulls might be better IF Rose is healthy. That's a big if. And even then, I'm not sure. Wall has taken a step up this year in his game. He's nearly a 20/10 player. I don't think there is a huge gap between Wall and Rose. Hell there might not be any gap. And the Wiz are better at SG, SF, and PF. Bulls might have the bench edge but the Wiz bench is vastly improved this year.