Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Are y'all really combining Chris Paul with Russell Westbrook? Or y'all saying he plays the position like Chris? Geez if Chris Paul had westbrooks athleticism sheesh probably be best point of all time

Talking style of play (classic PG, like Paul) and top notch athleticism.

I actually thought of Westbrook Pope. Was trying to think of someone a bit older though that he would definitely know. The other name that's come to mind is Stevie Franchise.

Francis was on another level though. I don't think Wall is THAT explosive. That's not, in the least, a knock on Wall. At all. It says more about Francis, how epic his athleticism was--the guard version of VC--than it says about reigning-Slam-Dunk-Champ Wall.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wall is nothing like Westbrook athletically because he doesn't play with tremendous strength Westbrook does.  Russell is a tank and he crashes into the paint violently.  Wall is much more finesse and speed.  On offense I think he plays like a much smaller man than you would expect from someone possessing his size and frame.  You rarely see him trying to overpower anyone.

Walls greatest strengths are his instincts in transition and his vision as a passer.  He scores well enough but his scoring offense is much more limited than his production would suggest.  If you compare his scoring game to Kyrie or Curry you immediately see that he's got much less in his arsenal.  He doesn't have the handles or the shot variety of either of those two.  

I'm not sure who I'd compare Wall to.  Maybe a better scoring Rondo?  A better passing Jrue Holiday? 

Edited by Destino

Westbrook is 6'3 200

Wall is 6'4 197

The difference between Wall and Westbrook stem more from Wall being a PG and Westbrook being a scorer. If Wall wanted to score like Westbrook, he could. He has all the physical tools Westbrook has, but he wants to be a PG and see the floor. All you have to do is watch Wall when he realizes he has to score. He shreds the D and gets to the glass at will. He could easily be a 27PPG player if he wanted to be, but the Wiz would not be a very good team.

• Like 2

Wall is nothing like Westbrook athletically because he doesn't play with tremendous strength Westbrook does.  Russell is a tank and he crashes into the paint violently.  Wall is much more finesse and speed.  On offense I think he plays like a much smaller man than you would expect from someone possessing his size and frame.  You rarely see him trying to overpower anyone.

Walls greatest strengths are his instincts in transition and his vision as a passer.  He scores well enough but his scoring offense is much more limited than his production would suggest.  If you compare his scoring game to Kyrie or Curry you immediately see that he's got much less in his arsenal.  He doesn't have the handles or the shot variety of either of those two.  

I'm not sure who I'd compare Wall to.  Maybe a better scoring Rondo?  A better passing Jrue Holiday?

Disagree. Wall plays with a great deal of strength too. He absolutely throws his weight around. He doesn't play with the reckless abandon Westbrook does, no one does. But he's also a lot smarter than Westbrook, and plays that way.

He also has way more in his tool kit than you give him credit for. He's not a great shooter, and off shooting effects his shot selection pretty profoundly some nights. But he's also not a bad shooter any more and he can score from all over the floor. We've seen him score in a ton of different ways this year.

And he is an excellent ball handler that easily breaks defenders down off the dribble and he uses his strength to get into the paint and get into the rim whenever he wants to. Have you known anyone that's actually locked him down or even stayed in front of him?

Westbrook is 6'3 200

Wall is 6'4 197

The difference between Wall and Westbrook stem more from Wall being a PG and Westbrook being a scorer. If Wall wanted to score like Westbrook, he could. He has all the physical tools Westbrook has, but he wants to be a PG and see the floor. All you have to do is watch Wall when he realizes he has to score. He shreds the D and gets to the glass at will. He could easily be a 27PPG player if he wanted to be, but the Wiz would not be a very good team.

Height and weight has nothing to do with strength...just cause two people may be the same height and weigh the same doesn't mean they can lift the same amount move the Same speed etc. if you compare westbrooks frame compared to wall wall is nowhere as muscular in my opinion.

RT @KingJames Besides the Q ain't to many other arenas I'd rather play in front of on a Friday night than D.C. Respect!

God I wish I was there. I ****ing pray we, the crowd, give him **** all night. Would LOVE it, so much, to see some old school crybaby and crab dribble signs

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2274294-there-is-no-comparing-john-wall-and-kyrie-irving-anymore

There Is No Comparing John Wall and Kyrie Irving Anymore

Sometimes even the greatest of NBA disputes are terminated in an instant, bringing an end to warring parallels that tirelessly hoard headlines and dominate discussions for years.

Kyrie Irving versus John Wall, long a source of comparing and contrasting, is now a member of this dead debate club.

When Wall's Washington Wizards play host to Irving's Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night, it will mark the seventh time these two transcendent talents have gone head-to-head in their young careers. Never before, though, has this individual matchup meant less.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH