Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm warming up to drafting Kanter

we cannot go another season with the combination of Blatche & McGee as our starting frontcourt

Sullinger is still the ideal fit, but provided he checks out medically, I'd be comfortable with Kanter over Perry Jones or Barnes at this point

I mean he would be detrimental to any team that is trying to win. He's lazy, he's selfish, he's a punk, he showed up in a contract year and then mailed it in after he got paid, he's a ****ty 3 in a 4 body. Basically the worst kind of player. Seriously, go to a game and just watch Blatche. It's ridiculous how he plays. When Wall called out his teammates two weeks ago, who do you think he was talking about?

I've been to games this year, and Blatche still has better D and O than McGee. As I said, he's played more active as of late, and played within himself. When he is healthy and playing in such a manner I don't think he as detrimental as you would like to paint him as. I still believe a lot of his performance this year, or lack there of is due to the fact his injury in the offseason hampered his conditioning and he was too dumb to do anything about. He should have sat out the first month and took his time. I wouldn't say he's selfish either. He dishes the rock out alot but when he's passing to the likes of Yi and McGee in the paint theres a very little chance those idiots are going to hold to it. I just see it different then you, maybe I like to think some of our players will change for the better lol.

Edited by nuposse87

Blatche might be a decent player, but he's not a winner.

Is anybody on the Wizards a winner?

---------- Post added March-12th-2011 at 11:30 PM ----------

I've been to games this year, and Blatche still has better D and O than McGee. As I said, he's played more active as of late, and played within himself. When he is healthy and playing in such a manner I don't think he as detrimental as you would like to paint him as. I still believe a lot of his performance this year, or lack there of is due to the fact his injury in the offseason hampered his conditioning and he was too dumb to do anything about. He should have sat out the first month and took his time. I wouldn't say he's selfish either. He dishes the rock out alot but when he's passing to the likes of Yi and McGee in the paint theres a very little chance those idiots are going to hold to it. I just see it different then you, maybe I like to think some of our players will change for the better lol.

+1+1+1

Just got back from the game. Tired and about to sleep but before I do I want to say one thing: Javale McGee has officially joined Andray Blatche on my **** list. His performance tonight was absolitely pathetic. I don't know if they showed it or made mention of it on TV, but in the 4th, after he gave up an uncontested layup on a fast break, him and Flip got into a little shouting match and Flip told him to sit the **** down and benched his ass for the rest of the game. Best thing Flip's ever done. Just absurd.

I've said before I'll say it again. Other than j wall and maybe nick young there are no starters on this team. Blache doesn't have the motor. McGee doesn't have the game. And we aren't getting production from any of the SF's on the roster

Cool, its on!

John Wall doesn't have a backup?

They took him out and it looked like Howard was running the point?!

There's no one on the Wizards that has a mid-long range jump shot (NY hasn't been in since I've been watching).

The Clippers announcers are going ga-ga over Wall and sound genuinely impressed...

Watching this team try to run an offense is pathetic!

Halftime.

There's other players who need to get rid of prior to Blatche and McGee from this team (Blatche didn't play). Whoever else was in there appeared lost on defense and offense. Booker and Seraphin have had very little impact on the game... at least McGee dunked the ball (and then had a stupid turnover, when it looked like he was trying to take off from the foul line?!). Watching Griffin, I wonder... is it that hard to develop a decent offensive game in the NBA as a big-man?

They are showing this block on Wall by Griffin over and over...

The refs really boned Booker in this game. He was playing decent D and griffin got bailed out by "superstar" calls. Griffin is still a beast but this game seemed rig from the the start. McGee is an idiot, he needs to be benched. The biggest travesty will be if Flip is back next season. Ted would be wise to fire him.

I saw one call where he was in there with good position and his arm up, and Griffin bumps into it. Clipper announcers said something like "his arm hit blake's elbow".

Wow; the half-court offense is so pathetic.

McGee trying to set pick and rolls is horrible, plus he never seems to try to get into decent post position. Not to mention he has the temperament of a high-schooler. At least I see that he came out his Sophomore year, so I would actually give him a couple more years to become a bit more professional. Like every play he's flailing his arms at his teamates, and then when Wall passes him a nice lob he completely misses it.

Yeah I've noticed that about D.C teams for the most part. We don't get calls for ****, I've never understood it. I see Wall get completely hammered all game yet they don't call it, though you'll see them call a foul on a little brushing. However this team lacks talent so much it's not even funny, they can't even play simple basketball at times, it drives me crazy. Hopefully everyone is gone besides like three or four guys.

With the lack of talent you pretty much have to keep McGee. I didn't realize how young he was as well, so maybe there is some help. They need to churn the lower half of the roster because as bad as McGee/Blatche are, their backups are worse. I saw McGee make a number of nice, strong, offensive moves. But Bookers looked more comfortable setting up in the block in the half-court.

It seems like the Clippers focused on closing down the lanes in transition in the 2nd half which is pretty much Wall's offense. He need to work on his half-court offense too.

McGee looks like he could get better, he's definitely going to be a rebounding machine for us or at least it looks that way right now. Booker I like a lot, minus that damn star tattoo'd on his arm. We'll see what happens, but really this whole team needs to be rebuilt as we all know. Definitely looking forward to seeing what Ted will do.

It looks more and more like Eddie Jordan hit the nail on the head with McGee when we drafted him. He said something like the guy has tremendous fan appeal and will earn the fans love quickly, but the reality is he isn't even close to ready.

Is it true McGee said he doesn't think he needs to get bigger? If this is true I am done with him.

Edited by Bzapf

Just got back from the game. Tired and about to sleep but before I do I want to say one thing: Javale McGee has officially joined Andray Blatche on my **** list. His performance tonight was absolitely pathetic. I don't know if they showed it or made mention of it on TV, but in the 4th, after he gave up an uncontested layup on a fast break, him and Flip got into a little shouting match and Flip told him to sit the **** down and benched his ass for the rest of the game. Best thing Flip's ever done. Just absurd.

I was there and know exactly which fastbreak you're referring to. He basically jogged and half-assed it (had a similar moment in the first half). McGee should not be out so far on offense (especially since he has no J from 15 feet out) and he always depends on flying in when a shot is put up instead of getting position. But most Wizards fans forget everything when he dunks or blocks a shot. If he watched videos of Dikembe or Alonzo, he could refine his shot blocking skills. Dude is a joke. He seriously needs to put on some weight.

Jordan Crawford must improve his dribbling/ball handling this offseason. He literally pounds the ball and could have been called for carrying/palming several times.

Booker is solid. Plays hard and has a little mean streak in him.

McGee looks like he could get better, he's definitely going to be a rebounding machine for us or at least it looks that way right now. Booker I like a lot, minus that damn star tattoo'd on his arm. We'll see what happens, but really this whole team needs to be rebuilt as we all know. Definitely looking forward to seeing what Ted will do.

The team is being rebuilt. We have five rookies on the roster and three of them get a good amount of minutes. Young is a first year starter. Blatche is only 24 or 25 and McGee is only 22 or 23 (memory is failing me right now). It's no wonder we're awful at the moment. We've got to be the least experienced team in the entire league. It'll get better but a year or two like this is to be expected. We need a few more pieces but the foundation for our offense is in place since we've got good guards, nice role playing forwards, and a superstar point. We badly need a three and we could stand to upgrade Blatche and probably McGee if the opportunity comes up. But the biggest thing we need right now is experience and that's going to take a lot of time to get.

I would also be patient with McGee. He's still a very young big. Hyper athletic bigs almost always take forever to develop. We can expect streaky play from him until he finally makes a leap and becomes the sum of his parts. Joakim Noah may make McGee look like a chump right now but you have to keep in mind that even he is three years older than McGee. McGee is still a baby and won't enter the initial years of his prime for another 4 or 5 seasons.

This core doesn't need to be dismantled, they need to grow up together.

The team is being rebuilt. We have five rookies on the roster and three of them get a good amount of minutes. Young is a first year starter. Blatche is only 24 or 25 and McGee is only 22 or 23 (memory is failing me right now). It's no wonder we're awful at the moment. We've got to be the least experienced team in the entire league. It'll get better but a year or two like this is to be expected. We need a few more pieces but the foundation for our offense is in place since we've got good guards, nice role playing forwards, and a superstar point. We badly need a three and we could stand to upgrade Blatche and probably McGee if the opportunity comes up. But the biggest thing we need right now is experience and that's going to take a lot of time to get.

I would also be patient with McGee. He's still a very young big. Hyper athletic bigs almost always take forever to develop. We can expect streaky play from him until he finally makes a leap and becomes the sum of his parts. Joakim Noah may make McGee look like a chump right now but you have to keep in mind that even he is three years older than McGee. McGee is still a baby and won't enter the initial years of his prime for another 4 or 5 seasons.

This core doesn't need to be dismantled, they need to grow up together.

This almost exactly. Draft a forward with the first lottery pick and let them grow up together. DO NOT make any moves until atleast next offseason.

It looks more and more like Eddie Jordan hit the nail on the head with McGee when we drafted him. He said something like the guy has tremendous fan appeal and will earn the fans love quickly, but the reality is he isn't even close to ready.

Is it true McGee said he doesn't think he needs to get bigger? If this is true I am done with him.

McGee is right. He doesn't need to get bigger. He needs to get stronger.