Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love how people **** at Dan S but he does everything in his power to put the best product out there and get the best possible candidate while making money. Ted L is a leech who makes money and gives 0 effort towards building a team

The only problem with that is that Ted's Caps have been far better than Dan's Redskins. As a skins fan I'd kill for "just making the playoffs" because they've been far more likely to finish last in the division for the entire time Dan has been trying really hard. How many seasons did it take Ted to get the wizards back to the post season?

If I had to pick an owner between the two, I'd take Ted. His teams don't implode every three seasons.

Edited by Destino

The only problem with that is that Ted's Caps have been far better than Dan's Redskins. As a skins fan I'd kill for "just making the playoffs" because they've been far more likely to finish last in the division for the entire time Dan has been trying really hard. How many seasons did it take Ted to get the wizards back to the post season?

If I had to pick an owner between the two, I'd take Ted. His teams don't implode every three seasons.

making the playoffs in the Southeast was easy.  50% of the league makes the playoffs in the NHL.  Your franchise has to be run like a joke not to make the playoffs in those sports.  If Dan was running an NBA team, he would make the playoffs every year

making the playoffs in the Southeast was easy.  50% of the league makes the playoffs in the NHL.  Your franchise has to be run like a joke not to make the playoffs in those sports.  If Dan was running an NBA team, he would make the playoffs every year

The fairweather hockey fanbase in DC didn't know any better. 

making the playoffs in the Southeast was easy. 50% of the league makes the playoffs in the NHL. Your franchise has to be run like a joke not to make the playoffs in those sports. If Dan was running an NBA team, he would make the playoffs every year

50% wouldn't have saved Dan Snyder. How many times have the redskins finished in the top half of the conference?

2013: 3-13 last in the NFC.

2012: 10-6 5th

2011: 5-11 13th

2010: 6-10 13th

2009: 4-12 13th

2008: 8-8 10th

2007: 9-7 6th

2006: 5-11 14th

2005: 10-6 6th

2004: 6-10 9th

If the top half of the NFC made the playoffs the redskins would have made playoffs three times, which is what they did anyway.

Dan Snyder in the NBA is a terrifying idea. That owner with fully guaranteed contracts? God save us all.

Edited by Destino

When did this happen?

He hires the best coaches.... Marty, Gibbs, Shanny they didn't work out but he tired.

He opens the check book to get best players again they didn't work out but he tried.

He constantly is pouring money into the franchise.

In the NBA that usually results in wins and championships, too bad the NFL isn't like the NBA and you need 22+ pieces instead of 2 or 3 in the NBA to get a solid franchise going. Dan would have been a much better NBA owner than the NFL.

• Like 1

Dan would be a ****ing disaster in the NBA.  Worse than he is in the NFL.  Dan wastes money, but it doesn't matter to him as he owns one of the most valuable and profitable sports franchises in the world.  Dan doesn't know how to build a winner.  The NFL is pretty simple, there are a few franchises that have it figured out.  And the way they do business is there for everyone else to see and imitate.  It's most assuredly NOT the way Dan runs his team.  He's a moron.

Back to the games on the court and not fantasy land. Huge game tonight. If we lose we likely get the 7 seed if we win we're likely the 6 seed. Nene testing his knee will play a few minutes tonight. I wonder how much. Either way it's great to have him back.

• Like 1

He hires the best coaches.... Marty, Gibbs, Shanny they didn't work out but he tired.

He opens the check book to get best players again they didn't work out but he tried.

He constantly is pouring money into the franchise.

In the NBA that usually results in wins and championships, too bad the NFL isn't like the NBA and you need 22+ pieces instead of 2 or 3 in the NBA to get a solid franchise going. Dan would have been a much better NBA owner than the NFL.

There is a big difference between getting the best players/coaches and getting big name players/coaches. Snyder would have been a disaster in the NBA cause he would have overpaid for past their prime big names.

I don't mind if we slip to the 7th seed as long as we play the Pacers but the Pacers and Heat are really close right now and I do not want to play the Heat!  I'd rather take our chances with the Bulls or Raptors than play those fools.