Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That said, our 2nd unit should at least be able to score a bit, now.  And Miller will definitely be a guy that can lay some serious wisdom on John and Brad.   It is what it is.

I'll accept this "upside." We really did just get deep at PG, especially for 4th quarter experience. We weren't even giving Ves minutes and we've had some sweet drafts the last 4 years. They need to stick with Seraphin and find a way to get Porter in the plan. I can live w/o Vesely but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to live with Miller.

I was texting with a friend today about it. I said it might as well be Oliver Miller. He replied that it might as well be Dennis Miller. I LOLed.

Rather than talk about how Ernie is cleaning up his own mess, ill just point out that atleast he cleaned it up. He could have just let Maynor decompose on the bench and handicap this year and next.

Miller is 85 give or take a few years, but he is still younger than Nash. Also hes pretty fired up to play. Hes better than Maynor has ever been, and in the end cost us only a 2nd rounder. We already have 2 projects competing for time next season ( Rice and Porter), so i think it would have been ambitious to try and pick up another serviceable player through the draft that will have minutes next year. Hes not athletic, cant really jump, and lacks defensive skills.

That being said, hes got one great thing going for him. Dude has been around for a long time, knows how to play, and doesnt need Randy to lay out the game plan for him. In fact, we should be thanking the stars that we have a 3rd coach on the floor outside Wall and Nene. He usually keeps his dribble and finds people open, is a great passer, and knows alot of tricks to get production from everyone. With Wittman out of the equation, i think our offense on the second unit will jump a good 3-5 points easy.

• Like 1

If Al's close I'll take the defense but whatever they decide at this point is all about playoffs (Playoffs?) and let's face it- I want the team to grow and last but I also want paloffs now.

I also want 1st unit chemistry and I'll say no to any move the rest of the season that threatens it.

I'll need to see Miller in Randy's "offense" before I believe he's a good fit here. He's slow and can't play defense. He's all about the smart old man game that depends on guys moving while he's dribbling.

...and if Wittman doghouses him you might need to have someone stop Andre from choking out coach.

I'll need to see Miller in Randy's "offense" before I believe he's a good fit here. He's slow and can't play defense. He's all about the smart old man game that depends on guys moving while he's dribbling.

...and if Wittman doghouses him you might need to have someone stop Andre from choking out coach.

Choking Wittman could easily prove to be his most valuable contribution to the team.

• Like 10

Isnt that the upside? Miller doesnt need to run Wittman's "offense". He already knows how to play. On top of that, he has played with Nene already. Simple two man game right there. Id approve of sending Nene off the bench with him, and starting Booker or Seraphin.

Lastly, there is no way im stopping anyone from choking Wittman out.

• Like 1

You all have been screaming to get rid of Maynor's contract and get a decent backup to Wall. That's what we have. What the hell did you all expect to be out there? And at least Miller can shoot better than Maynor. Miller can dribble and I feel confident he can run the offense enough. I mean, I hate Ernie too, but lots of harsh here. Plus, I saw we picked up a future 2nd. Not all bad.

• Like 2

Wtf, listening to whatever generic syndicated sports talk show is on 106.7 right now. Talking about the trade deadline, just said his two big winners are Indy and...the Wizards. Said people sleep on Andre Miller, it's a huge positive for us, difference maker, Wizards are on the up and up, clear third best team in the East, everyone knows ECF is gonna be Indy/Miami, but if ANYONE has a chance to shock folks and slide in there instead, it's now the Wizards.

I'm still gonna miss my boy though. If we do make waves, Jan should have been first guy off the bench to congratulate them. Damn shame.

You all have been screaming to get rid of Maynor's contract and get a decent backup to Wall. That's what we have. What the hell did you all expect to be out there? And at least Miller can shoot better than Maynor. Miller can dribble and I feel confident he can run the offense enough. I mean, I hate Ernie too, but lots of harsh here. Plus, I saw we picked up a future 2nd. Not all bad.

I'm with you. My advice? Don't pay attention to it. Folks are just conditioned to **** at this point. Best example was the Gortat/Okafor trade. First reaction was to ****, THEN some thought was actually put into it.

Mitch Richmond Part II? Old and small for young and big? Well, it worked out last time

Are you seriously comparing Jan Vesely to Chris Webber?

You know, I've always been joking when it comes to Vesely, but I'm actually gonna miss the guy. In all my years as a sports fan, I really can't think of another draft bust that I've loved and enjoyed more.

Good luck to you Ves. Just remember to close your eyes when you shoot your free throws. It's less scary that way and you'll probably make more. God speed son.

• Like 2

What GACOLB said. I really do hope Ves develops into a decent player. Now he may be crap after all, but the truth is we never gave him enough development and support to really know what he is or could be. Dude deserves better. I just hope we don't end up sending Porter down the tubes the same way.

You know, I've always been joking when it comes to Vesely, but I'm actually gonna miss the guy. In all my years as a sports fan, I really can't think of another draft bust that I've loved and enjoyed more.

Good luck to you Ves. Just remember to close your eyes when you shoot your free throws. It's less scary that way and you'll probably make more. God speed son.

So, uh…what avatar are you gonna go with?

We gave up Maynor and ONE 2nd round pick. Denver gave Philly the other 2nd round pick. At least we got rid of Maynors contract.

Yeah that friggin contract needed to go. Such a boondoggle that Ernie gave him a second year player option on the first day of free agency. Then cut Kendall Marshall without a second glance so he wouldn't have to, what? Cut Chris Singleton?

Andre Miller better be good.

And I hope he's the vet PG Wall asked for a while ago.

At least we got through the day without trading Porter and Ariza for Deng like I was secretly dreading.

By my count, we've now got seven worthy players for a sensible rotation now and we're hoping that Booker or Seraphin can be that useful third big on any given night.

The deadline is over with. Ariza is still here. DNPorter is going to spend the rest of the season on the bench and join Darko as one of the only top 3 picks in a long time to play less than 10 minutes a game his rookie season. We've gone all in for the three or four seed and a second round out to Indy or Miami.

I'm excited to watch the Wizards in the playoffs. Depressed about Randy and Ernie's forthcoming extensions.

What GACOLB said. I really do hope Ves develops into a decent player. Now he may be crap after all, but the truth is we never gave him enough development and support to really know what he is or could be. Dude deserves better. I just hope we don't end up sending Porter down the tubes the same way.

We're already bungling Porter's development. But as Destino said a little while ago, maybe Porter's path is more Jeremy Lamb than Darko Milicic.

Is it worth pointing out that we are neither the 2012 Thunder or the 2004 Pistons and that it's ****ing absurd the way we've handled Porter?

But yeah, unlike Blatche, NY, McGee, etc. I actually hope Ves ends up thriving somewhere else. I wish him well. We bungled that whole situation from day one and he wasn't a turd or moron like those other guys were.

And the lesson moving forward--don't take a super raw SF and try and turn him into a C if your team is terrible and your coach and GM suck and are fighting for their careers every other offseason.