Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Awful shooting at the FT line.  Lots of bad turnovers.  Got beat pretty soundly on the boards.  No energy or urgency on D that let a poor offensive team that just got blown out at home by one of the league's worst teams score with a ton of efficiency.  All that equals a bad loss in a game we needed to win.

It's a shame to waste such a good game from Wall.  Webster is the only other one who really played well.  Gortat and Nene got beat by Detroit's front court down the stretch.  Ariza's shot was ice cold.  And Beal's play was a negative, he killed us in the second half.

This team is frustratingly inconsistent.  Still a ways away.  And they can't get this monkey off their back.  Class of 2010 has never had a winning record...

Edited by stevemcqueen1

he and Brandon Jennings. They have two really bad contracts

As for tonight, no one stepped up except Wall. Reminded me of last year. The free throw shooting was disgusting and is what ultimately did us in, imo.

Beal's play was atrocious.

WHen is Dumars going to be held accountable for his AWFUL decisions regarding FAs/trades?  Jennings and Smith this year...Charlie V. and Ben Gordon is years past.  I know he has a ring on his resume, but recently, he's neck and neck w/ EG as far as making awful personnel decisions. 

*edit*

I wonder if the name "Sadley Beal" is going to stick?  LOL.  Dude needs to get his head out of his ***.  Wall can't do this by himself and desperately needs someone else on this roster to be consistent w/ secondary scoring. 

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong....Otto Porter was dubbed the most NBA ready prospect in the draft, right?  *sigh*

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong....Otto Porter was dubbed the most NBA ready prospect in the draft, right?  *sigh*

I'm not certain he was "the most NBA ready", but he definitely wasn't in the "project" class either.

Still very early, but I would like to see something from him that justifies the selection.

I'm not certain he was "the most NBA ready", but he definitely wasn't in the "project" class either.

Still very early, but I would like to see something from him that justifies the selection.

I'm with you on that.  The time is now for him to step it up and actually contribute.  He was the #3 pick for a reason, so lets see it. 

Who ever said Porter was supposed to be the most NBA ready?

Porter was a 19 year old sophomore and he didn't have an NBA body. He's highly skilled, but that doesn't equal NBA ready. Most of the lottery picks were probably more NBA ready than Porter. Most of them were older and already filled out. Porter is one of the youngest players in the class despite going pro after his sophomore year. Trey Burke, Cody Zeller, Shabazz Muhammad, and Victor Oladipo are each a year older. CJ McCollum, Kelly Olynyk, and MCW are two years older. And Caldwell-Pope, Anthony Bennett, and Ben McLemore are actually a few months older than him too. Alex Len is a two weeks younger than Porter. Steven Adams is a month and a half younger. Those two and Nerlens Noel were actually the only lotto picks that were younger.

Hell Glenn Rice Jr was more NBA ready than Porter.

There were also a lot of juniors and seniors after the lottery that all would have been more NBA ready: Hardaway Jr., Mason Plumlee, Solomon Hill, Gorgui Dieng, Andre Roberson, Tony Snell, Allen Crabbe, Nate Wolters, etc.

Porter was a #3 pick because he was clean, not necessarily NBA ready. Good character, good college production, good frame, good skill levels, pretty good upside given his age and lack of AAU experience, and good two way ability.

But bottom line, Porter isn't showing anything yet because he isn't playing. He got drafted to play his rookie season behind two pretty good players at his position that are currently better than him. He was never going to do much as a rookie because there aren't minutes for him this year unless someone gets hurt If we wanted to get something out of Porter this season, we needed to trade Ariza.

WHen is Dumars going to be held accountable for his AWFUL decisions regarding FAs/trades?  Jennings and Smith this year...Charlie V. and Ben Gordon is years past.  I know he has a ring on his resume, but recently, he's neck and neck w/ EG as far as making awful personnel decisions.

a better owner woulda fired his ass years ago. Id rather have Grunfeld over him.

I wonder if the name "Sadley Beal" is going to stick?  LOL.  Dude needs to get his head out of his ***.  Wall can't do this by himself and desperately needs someone else on this roster to be consistent w/ secondary scoring. 

Beal should be on the bench and coming on with the 2nd unit until he gets his confidence up. He been a real drag on the team.

Otto Porter flat out sucks. Maybe he can get better, but dude just sucks right now and has done nothing to deserve minutes. Its not because Webster and Ariza, he just sucks.

SM - the consensus regarding Porter was that he was one of the most NBA ready prospects in this class.  You know this.  Don't believe me?  Google search OP and "NBA Ready."  It's all there.

he was def called NBA ready, people just want to console themselves by revising.

Now I will give Porter a pass because he had been injured for the start of his career, but I havent seen much at all from him to justify anything.

Beal should be on the bench and coming on with the 2nd unit until he gets his confidence up. He been a real drag on the team.

This is a stupid idea. Not going to happen either.

Otto Porter flat out sucks. Maybe he can get better, but dude just sucks right now and has done nothing to deserve minutes. Its not because Webster and Ariza, he just sucks.

You don't know what you are talking about.

he was def called NBA ready, people just want to console themselves by revising.

Plenty of people say stupid crap a lot. Like you here. Porter isn't playing. We don't even know whether he's NBA ready or not with the benefit hindsight because he's barely played. We just don't know anything.

Now I will give Porter a pass because he had been injured for the start of his career, but I haven't seen much at all from him to justify anything.

You haven't seen much at all from him period. Why? Because he's played 181 career minutes. Why? Because he was injured and is behind two good players at his position. You really don't know anything about Porter yet. Nothing. Period.

But I don't expect fans like you to hold off from making sweeping proclamations about him based on 180 minutes. You were probably one of the clowns calling Beal a bust after his first three games last season weren't you?

This is a stupid idea. Not going to happen either.

he's been awful and been a drag to our starting line up. For the time being, Id rather see him come off the bench and boost his confidence up. If anything, we could have better defenders on the perimeter too because Beal has been pretty poor there this season.

You don't know what you are talking about.

indeed, there is some advanced metric to prove to me that Otto Porter is a really good player right now. Im sure you can find that and post that.

Plenty of people say stupid crap a lot. Like you here. Porter isn't playing. We don't even know whether he's NBA ready or not with the benefit hindsight because he's barely played. We just don't know anything.

indeed, he wanst called NBA ready despite the plethora of articles that said he was NBA ready. But I am the stupid one. Cheers.

You haven't seen much at all from him period. Why? Because he's played 181 career minutes. Why? Because he was injured and is behind two good players at his position. You really don't know anything about Porter yet. Nothing. Period.

I havent seen anything from him because in those 181 minutes he has provided the square root of nothing. Why? because in those 181 minutes he has provided the square root of nothing.

But I don't expect fans like you to hold off from making sweeping proclamations about him based on 180 minutes. You were probably one of the clowns calling Beal a bust after his first three games last season weren't you?

in the same post, I said I will give him a pass because of the injuries.

Dont recall calling Beal a bust either, I do recall saying he hasnt shown us anything.

Of course, im not the fan that thinks this current crop of the Wizards could be NBA title contenders. No, it wasnt me. No sir. Who could of said that?

Will-Smith-Thinking-As-The-Fresh-Prince-

In saying all of that, I wonder how our offensive collection would look without a Witt-less head coach.

Edited by JoeWolf990

The slow-mo replay of his slam was hilarious. Everything about it looked so unnatural. 

They must have 4 or 5 guys in double figures today. Need that if Wall isn't pouring in 30+ points. 

Up by like 20 with not a ton of time left. Give me some Porter and Rice.

Rice got sent to Iowa D league, but we definitely need to give Porter some burn