Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I do not get much opportunity to watch many Bullets games in Illinois, so I apologize if this is question is off base.

I see many complaints about either Wall or Beal not driving to the basket, but settling for long 2 pt jumpers. I also seem to remember Wall being fairly aggressive to end last season. Wall, at least to me, seems to have a fairly high BBIQ.

I suppose my point is; is the lack of aggressive driving for the foul or basket more a problem of coaching or simply the players just doing whatever the F they please?

It coaching, the entire roster seems content with taking long jumpshots. Its not just a Wall/Beal issue, its a Webster/Ariza/Booker issue as well.

The wizards are in very real danger of the nightmare scenario. Finishing 9th with no draft pick.

That's not going to happen without Wall getting hurt. We're almost halfway through the season hovering around .500. We're beating the bad teams in the East. We're going to make the playoffs.

The only thing we're in danger of is getting the 7th or 8th seed and getting swept and embarrassed in the first round.

The most likely outcome is we'll get the fifth or sixth seed and lose in the first round to a slightly better Toronto or Atlanta team.

Phil and Buck started hedging about us coming out of the delay playing like crap well before it happened.

Because they knew it would happen.

Ariza got saved.

Anyone else ever notice how often Ariza starts dribbling into the defense rather than just catching and shooting the open three? That last one was inexcusable, there were three seconds on the shot clock when he caught it and he started dribbling...

Jeez, we're getting beaten by Houston's scrubs.

And now Houston's perimeter D is keeping us from getting any good shots. Would we be better off without a coach?

We're going to come out cold and fall way behind.

Shooting 22% since play resumed. Been outscored 25-11. Down by 14.

Wall missed an open layup at the rim badly.

If we're down 20 at the half, I'm turning it off and finding something else to do. I didn't wait around for forty extra minutes just to watch our ****ing ****ty ass team of morons coached by the king moron get embarrassed yet again.

Part of me hopes the unthinkable happens. I almost hope this comedy of errors just tanks and finishes 9th. Then basketball could be dead for me and I'd have my nights free again.

What would you do if the team finishes 6th-8th, gets knocked out in the first round and Ernie/Wittman get extensions? That's my prediction.