Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This game gave me reason to be optimistic about Wizards basketball. Been a while since I said that.

John Wall showed his full ability tonight. If Nene can score down low like that consistently, and we get contributions from everyone else (like tonight) then there is no reason we can't make the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference.

They just interviewed Martell Webster (who I've said is a joy to listen to and is destined for a media job after retirement, hopefully here) immediately after the final buzzer. First thing he said: "I wanna tip my hat to my teammates for winning a road game. I mean look around, you couldn't even tell we played this in DC and this is a home game."

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wall was incredible tonight. He passed the ball well and just completely took over at times scoring the ball. Third game in a row with 30 or more points.

I liked the offense tonight. The ball moved and the off ball players were active and cutting to the basket. Ariza, Webster, Temple, and Ves weren't standing around as much as usual.

They just interviewed Martell Webster (who I've said is a joy to listen to and is destined for a media job after retirement, hopefully here) immediately after the final buzzer. First thing he said: "I wanna tip my hat to my teammates for winning a road game. I mean look around, you couldn't even tell we played this in DC and this is a home game."

Brutal... Sadly its the truth.

And 18 of 22 from the free throw line.

It's a ****ing travesty that I have to listen to the game and post-game on bull****, static-filled 1500AM

Three straight 30 point games for Wall. All Star...

Yeah that 1500AM **** is terrible. Wizards are always bumped to low grade options easily by virtually any other sport. I'm fully expecting Mexican Soccer broadcasts to bump them from 1500 AM eventually.

Yeah that 1500AM **** is terrible. Wizards are always bumped to low grade options easily by virtually any other sport. I'm fully expecting Mexican Soccer broadcasts to bump them from 1500 AM eventually.

No bull****, liberal DMV, while I can barely listen to the Wizards, I can pick up Mark Levin and right wing radio clear as day on six (SIX!!!) different stations (one FM and five AM). And I could pick up the Baylor/Dayton game (huh?) clear on an AM station. Meanwhile I flip to the Wizards flagship FM station, 106.7 the Fail, and they're talking Orioles baseball, followed by Scott Ferrall ****ing about NYC traffic. ****ing bull****. Such ****ing bull****.

• Like 1

No bull****, liberal DMV, while I can barely listen to the Wizards, I can pick up Mark Levin and right wing radio clear as day on six (SIX!!!) different stations (one FM and five AM). And I could pick up the Baylor/Dayton game (huh?) clear on an AM station. Meanwhile I flip to the Wizards flagship FM station, 106.7 the Fail, and they're talking Orioles baseball, followed by Scott Ferrall ****ing about NYC traffic. ****ing bull****. Such ****ing bull****.

You'd think the teams GM and owner would be concerned their fans can't get a clear game on the radio or watch it on TV without getting hockey and diving into the guide wondering where the hell it's been moved to. Remember the preseason game when NBA TV blocked it here locally and then no local channels showed it. Is anyone on the team even looking at this stuff? Seems kind of important because **** like that makes the team seem small time and embarrassing to follow at times.

In other news I like that the wizards have sent displaced Laker and Knicks fans home disappointed in the last week. Feels good.

Last time the Wizards had two 30 point scores in the same game? Gilbert and Antawn in December, 2009. Almost four full years ago.

Also four years ago? The last time a Wizard scored 30+ in three straight games (Wall now, Jamison in '09)

Ted doesnt care about the bball team. Hockey sells out the arena so he caters to them.

Shocking ownership.

Don't believe that at all. Ted bought the Caps because it gave him a path to eventually buy the Wizards. And he was around when Jordan proved the Wizards can sell out the Phonebooth and spurred Abe into dropping money on Gilbert, Antawn and Co.

• Like 1