Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Due to the horrible decisions of Ernie Grunfeld, this is where we are as a fanbase.  Any one-sided trade rumor that's attached to the Wizards is met with hopes that it won't happen.  These rumors are NEVER mentioned towards teams with competent GMs or overall well-run franchises.  Until that changes for us, this is what it's going to be. 

Rudy Gay for Brad Beal - LOL

Deng for Okafor/#3 - LOLOLOL

You guys are starting to see what I've seen over the years.  I get ripped because I don't believe in this team, but I see alot of people in here stating they won't be a fan of the team anymore.  I may complain alot, but I've never said I would not be a fan of the team.  I know some of this is said in frustration, but when I see guys who have been diehards and positive half full guys in here complaining, you know the franchise has hit rock bottom.

It's funny to read the responses.  Especially when the trade has been debunked my several sources.  The Bulls want to get rid of Deng so they called the Wiz asking for the 3rd pick and Okafer.  The Wiz said No. And that's all that happened.  There wasn't even a consideration.  How do you threaten to stop being a fan over a trade the Wiz never even considered? 

I like Chad Ford's latest mock. Has us taking Porter, Eric Green and Erik Murphy. A starting SF, backup PG, and stretch 4. It makes a lot of sense but we all know damn well that at least one of those 2nd rounders will be sold or a Euro draft and stash

You guys are starting to see what I've seen over the years.  I get ripped because I don't believe in this team, but I see alot of people in here stating they won't be a fan of the team anymore.  I may complain alot, but I've never said I would not be a fan of the team.  I know some of this is said in frustration, but when I see guys who have been diehards and positive half full guys in here complaining, you know the franchise has hit rock bottom.

It's funny to read the responses.  Especially when the trade has been debunked my several sources.  The Bulls want to get rid of Deng so they called the Wiz asking for the 3rd pick and Okafer.  The Wiz said No. And that's all that happened.  There wasn't even a consideration.  How do you threaten to stop being a fan over a trade the Wiz never even considered? 

It might be funny to you but it's not to me.  Wizards fans are a very loyal bunch and deserve better.  Why should I continue to root for them if Ernie is allowed to continue destroying things?  What hope would I actually have of a turn-around?  And while the Wizards may have said no to this trade it's the principle of the matter.  The Bulls offered it up because they know Grunfeld is foolish enough to consider it, which should tell you all you need to know right there....

I'm not a fan of Green or Murphy.  I'd rather see us target Ray McCallum or Nate Wolters in the second for the third guard role.

Wolters is slow laterally in college.....that kid ain't defending no one at the point....we need solid PF options and a competent back up PG....by God's grace McLemore falls to us, I will be very stoked, that kid can shoot and is explosive...kinda worried about his agent/handlers affecting his workout performances though

I'm not a fan of Green or Murphy.  I'd rather see us target Ray McCallum or Nate Wolters in the second for the third guard role.

Wolters is slow laterally in college.....that kid ain't defending no one at the point....we need solid PF options and a competent back up PG....by God's grace McLemore falls to us, I will be very stoked, that kid can shoot and is explosive...kinda worried about his agent/handlers affecting his workout performances though

Wolters can shoot and score though.  For a second round pick, you're not going to get it all.  I like him to come in and run the offense for the second unit and provide a scoring spark and he's big and creative enough to get minutes at SG too.

I think Wolters is one of the few second round options who will actually stick around in the NBA, so there is that.

It might be funny to you but it's not to me.  Wizards fans are a very loyal bunch and deserve better.  Why should I continue to root for them if Ernie is allowed to continue destroying things?  What hope would I actually have of a turn-around?  And while the Wizards may have said no to this trade it's the principle of the matter.  The Bulls offered it up because they know Grunfeld is foolish enough to consider it, which should tell you all you need to know right there....

Huh?!?!  GMs call each other all the time with trade offers to test the waters.  Who do you think leaked the information about the trade in the first place?  It was the Bulls to see if any other team would pony up.  The sources I trust like David Aldridge and Michael Lee said the trade was never even considered by the Wiz.  That's why it's funny to get all worked up over something that was never anything in the first place.  I've followed this team my whole life and I'v seen a lot more downs than ups but I'm in it forever.  So I'm just not gonna cry over a ridiculous trade rumor that will never happen.  Sorry.  

Wizards should have released their own counter statement. "Wizards are considering trading Ariza and Singleton for Deng". Let their front office deal with angry fans faced with a insulting trade rumor.

Good idea. I hear the Bulls are now negotiating an extension with Deng. Seems like they put this trade out there as leverage in a deal with Deng. "Sign this deal or get traded to the Wiz"

Wizards should have released their own counter statement. "Wizards are considering trading Ariza and Singleton for Deng". Let their front office deal with angry fans faced with a insulting trade rumor.

Good idea. I hear the Bulls are now negotiating an extension with Deng. Seems like they put this trade out there as leverage in a deal with Deng. "Sign this deal or get traded to the Wiz"

*Deng signs a lifetime contract for the veteran's minimum*

Wall used to eat fast food and now he never does. Im a little concerned he changed his mind on that topic. What does that say about him as a person if he does a whole 180 on a topic? Im not sure I can give a big contract to that type of person that changes his mind so quickly.

• Like 1

Clutch03-

Except this is the same GM who traded the fifth pick in the draft for mike miller and Randy Foye...

Ehhh....That trade wasn't terrible at the time.  Arenas screwed that up...Miller could have been a strong compliment to Arenas aggressive style.   I think that draft was also guard heavy..and since we traded for a SG and had Arenas at PG we didn't really need one.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but that trade did not look so bad when it happened.  This rumor being discussed currently looks horrible.

Wall used to eat fast food and now he never does. Im a little concerned he changed his mind on that topic. What does that say about him as a person if he does a whole 180 on a topic? Im not sure I can give a big contract to that type of person that changes his mind so quickly.

Well clearly the kid has decided he doesn't love America and the way the good Lord intended us to eat.  

If I was Ernie Grunfeld, I'd throw myself into the potomac river... err I mean, I'd have some doubts about giving Wall a contract extension.  I mean first he tattoos himself and now he changes his diet?  If we draft Nerlens Noel there is no way the kid makes it to 230 pounds if John is lording over him with his healthy salads and other ridiculous "healthy" food.  Makes you wonder about his leadership. 

Edited by Destino

Clutch03-

Except this is the same GM who traded the fifth pick in the draft for mike miller and Randy Foye...

Ehhh....That trade wasn't terrible at the time.  Arenas screwed that up...Miller could have been a strong compliment to Arenas aggressive style.   I think that draft was also guard heavy..and since we traded for a SG and had Arenas at PG we didn't really need one.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but that trade did not look so bad when it happened.  This rumor being discussed currently looks horrible.

You didn't need hindsight to know that trade was horrible.  A ton of people hated it.  Trading a top 5 pick for expiring role players is a sure way to squander resources and stay bad.

Clutch03-

I get it I'm not high on EG either but I'm only going to beat him up over the bad decision he does make and not rumors.  It just doesn't make sense to get all worked up and mad at EG for a bad deal he never even considered or executed. 

Wall must have a great metabolism, because he was in great shape when we drafted him.  Imagine what he could be eating healthy.  Or was it during his injury time that he ate fast food, because he did come back chunky?

I remember Wall giving a video tour of his condo.  He opened the fridge and there was nothing but snacks in there...Lil'Debbie's, chips, etc....

I mean, he came into the league as a teen.  He's now 22 and understands what it takes to be a professional both on and off the court.  I'm happy with the decisions he's making in his life because it seems like he "gets it." 

Clutch03-

I get it I'm not high on EG either but I'm only going to beat him up over the bad decision he does make and not rumors.  It just doesn't make sense to get all worked up and mad at EG for a bad deal he never even considered or executed. 

That's why I said "if".  If he's allowed to make the trade then I'm done because it proves that there is simply no hope left.  It's like going back to the same female who cheats on you over and over again hoping things will be different this time around.  At some point you've just got to throw in the towel.