Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Could Beal be any less like Ray Allen? I can't help but laugh while watching Beal heat up in exactly the way he wasn't supposed to.

Well, don't listen to the, "experts," on how he is, "supposed," to score and play. Just watch him play and make your own judgements.

Edited by SuperBash

They started playing pressure defense. They are doubling detroits ball handler as soon as he passes the half court line.

I see. I'm trying to keep up with them without cable and watching on the internet and everything with everything going on. But I feel I'm not crazy in that sometimes it feels like they don't want it more then who they are going up against. I get it, we aren't the Oklahoma City Thunder, nor have the offensive fire power of other teams. But if they show me they give a damn every play like they did coming out of halftime I would be less pissed off.

They should be furious they were getting blown out at home by a terrible basketball team. I don't care what our record is.

Gotta be within 7 for the moral victory, we had a chance if Webster's last 3 went in.

I've decided to move the goal posts. Just like Ted will do shortly when it's clear that the team will finish in the bottom three.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2012 at 09:33 PM ----------

So Seraphin and an unprotected first for the giant head case?

I've decided to move the goal posts. Just like Ted will do shortly when it's clear that the team will finish in the bottom three.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2012 at 09:33 PM ----------

So Seraphin and an unprotected first for the giant head case?

I don't think that gets it done.

I'm almost ready to say **** it, do whatever is necessary to get as many unprotected 2014 lottery picks and pray we get Wiggins.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

Nene looked miserable as **** in that post game interview.

I'm almost ready to say **** it, do whatever is necessary to get as many unprotected 2014 lottery picks and pray we get Wiggins

lol, no one is giving up unprotected #1 picks in 2014.

besides, we could still end up with Parker or Randle or someone else in that stacked class.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I don't think that gets it done.

I'm almost ready to say **** it, do whatever is necessary to get as many unprotected 2014 lottery picks and pray we get Wiggins.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

Nene looked miserable as **** in that post game interview.

What about Nene and next years first for Cousins and Salmons? They pick up a good center, lose a bad contract, and gain a great draft pick.

What part of that don't you like? I doubt they'd agree to the trade but you might as well throw it out there.

Cousins isn't worth a top 3 pick let alone a lottery pick. I don't get why you guys like a Center that shoots 41% ( a 6'11 guy that shoots 41% is atrocious for a big man) and gets suspended multiple times due to his sorry attitude. Change for the sake of change doesn't help the situation. A top 3 pick can get a lot more (James Harden) then another teams garbage. Sorry dude, but your trade suggestion is Ernie bad.

Edited by Hersh

Cousins isn't worth a top 3 pick let alone a lottery pick. I don't get why you guys like a Center that shoots 41% ( a 6'11 guy that shoots 41% is atrocious for a big man) and gets suspended multiple times due to his sorry attitude. Change for the sake of change doesn't help the situation. A top 3 pick can get a lot more (James Harden) then another teams garbage. Sorry dude, but your trade suggestion is Ernie bad.

This years draft doesn't look good and Cousins averages would put him 1st in scoring and rebounding amongst theWizards at a crucial position. We had our chance at James Harden and blew it. I'm done chasing draft pick a team built around Wall, Beal, and Cousins has potential an aging Nene and an uncertain draft pick in a weak draft can't match.

This years draft doesn't look good and Cousins averages would put him 1st in scoring and rebounding amongst theWizards at a crucial position. We had our chance at James Harden and blew it. I'm done chasing draft pick a team built around Wall, Beal, and Cousins has potential an aging Nene and an uncertain draft pick in a weak draft can't match.

Dude, I'm not sure why you are blinded by Cousins, but if EG traded our potential first pick in the draft for a guy that gets suspended every year by his own team cause he's a head case, you and everyone else would demand he be fired. On the court he barely averages more than a point per shot which is something the Wizards have nailed down already and doesn't block any shots for his size. The Wizards are actually pretty solid rebounding already and really need more efficient scorers.

I'm not saying that we don't use the draft pick in a trade in the off-season, but it better be for a proven all-star caliber player, which cousins most certainly is not. Also, you won't get full value with the pick now.

25 games are in the books.

At what point do we really begin discussing the all-time loss record? If they don't beat Cleveland or Orlando in the next two games, this could turn into quite a losing streak. (Again).

The two weeks after that are rough.

@Chi

Dallas

@Indy

Brooklyn (3rd game in 4 nights)

@Mia

OKC (5th game in 7 nights)

5 days off

Atl

Orlando again

25 games are in the books.

At what point do we really begin discussing the all-time loss record? If they don't beat Cleveland or Orlando in the next two games' date=' this could turn into quite a losing streak. (Again).

The two weeks after that are rough.

@Chi

Dallas

@Indy

Brooklyn (3rd game in 4 nights)

@Mia

OKC (5th game in 7 nights)

5 days off

Atl

Orlando again[/quote']

Smh. I too am curious how bad Ted is willing to let this get before he starts to change his tune. I didn't even know he had a blog until he bought the wizards, and the pieces I've seen from it in this thread make me sick to my stomach.

Smh. I too am curious how bad Ted is willing to let this get before he starts to change his tune. I didn't even know he had a blog until he bought the wizards, and the pieces I've seen from it in this thread make me sick to my stomach.

He's getting slaughtered in the comments section of his blog, he knows the fans want Grunfeld gone more than anything. He's stubborn to a fault.

He's destroyed any goodwill he had with the fans, his only card left to play is to get rid of the front office, but he seems reluctant to make that move. He made a big deal of the 6 game win streak to end the year last season and used it as justification to bring back Grunfeld & Wittman. He's not about to admit he was wrong this quickly, especially when he can use the injury excuse, even if the fans aren't buying it.

The Harden trade news ended any goodwill left over from Ted extension of Grunfeld.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 02:54 AM ----------

Barron just got a start like 2 or 3 games ago. :ols:

It will be interesting to see if they pull a guard off the scrap heap or they make a trade.

Why open up two spots just to start looking for guard help? Plus why unload a big in order to bring in a point guard? Curious.

I'm hoping I don't wake up to news of Tyreke Evans.

Edited by Destino

The Harden trade news ended any goodwill left over from Ted extension of Grunfeld.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 02:54 AM ----------

Why open up two spots just to start looking for guard help? Plus why unload a big in order to bring in a point guard? Curious.

I'm hoping I don't wake up to news of Tyreke Evans.

DO.NOT.WANT.TYREKE.EVANS.

If we are working a deal w/ the kings, PLEASE bring on Isaiah Thomas/Boogie. Even if we have to give up our 1st round pick this year, SOMETHING needs to be done.

I do think a trade of some sort is in the works. You don't free up two roster spots for nothing with no contingency plan to fill that void. Maybe Ted thinks "enough is enough."

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 10:04 AM ----------

I keep seeing Cousins' name on here.

What gives anyone any confidence that this organization is in any way capable of pulling off a rehab project like that? I think his coming to the Wizards would actually put lives at risk.

I mean' date=' what else is out there that's a realistic trade option? Gasol? Nope. Love? Nope.

I think there is a chance that something could be swung to bring in Boogie. Bottom line, some sort of shakeup needs to happen.

Can't use injuries as an excuse. Look at the Bulls. Missing their best player and are playing WELL over .500 ball. Cousins, for all his inconsistencies, has the potential to be a dominant center in this league. If we bring him in, maybe having both Nene and Wall on board would be just enough to keep him in check. His value is >>>> any (2013) top-3 pick at the moment.

WojYahooNBA: Mack, a second round pick out of Butler in '11, is expected to join Wizards on Monday. Wiz cut guard Shaun Livingston on Saturday night.
Edited by RonArtest15