Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal is out tonight

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

3 of the past 6 #1 picks haven't even played this year while Irving and Davis have missed games due to injury this year. Blake Griffin is the healthiest recent #1 pick this year. Crazy

Alex Len owns Cody Zeller (as a pro prospect).

You heard it here first.

DX has Len going #5 overall (Zeller at #3), the ever great nbadraft.net has him going #7.

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

This team is easier to watch than the Blatche/Young Wizards.

Now this is true. I no longer want to beat the **** out of people (FFFFUUUU BLATCHE!!) when I watch them now. That said, depression might be the emotion that replaced the anger.

Seraphin falls in love with the finesse part of his game too much. He's got great position in the post at least twice and didn't attempt to go up strong, instead choosing to wait for the defense so he could start his post moves. Its nice that he has the post moves for a finesse game, but sometimes strength is better option.

Anyone know what's going on with Glenn Consor? Listened to two games last week, Dave Johnson was by himself--no Consor, no fill in, no nobody. During the second game Johnson said Consor would be back Friday but I didn't listen so I don't know if he was or not. I do now i'm listening right now and Johnson is by himself again. So what's the deal with Consor? He alright?

Crawford fell apart at the end of the game. We just don't have someone who can generate crunch time scoring.

Nene was pretty damn good again. He almost never has bad games. It is a shame to be wasting a good big like him. We have got to get something put together around him. We just shouldn't be this bad.

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 09:55 PM ----------

Beal is out tonight

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

3 of the past 6 #1 picks haven't even played this year while Irving and Davis have missed games due to injury this year. Blake Griffin is the healthiest recent #1 pick this year. Crazy

Knew Beal was going to miss time. Knew we were going to be awful with three more in four nights and Beal hurt.

That's crazy about the #1 picks. Had to struggle to remember each of them. Couldn't remember Rose and Oden at first.

The ever great nbadraft.net (that's sarcasm, I'm not drunk), has us to taking Cody Zeller #1 overall. DX has us with Shabazz Muhammad

Zeller hasn't been as good as he was supposed to be. He was never a high upside type. Poor man's Pau Gasol/LaMarcus Aldridge type of finesse big man. Doesn't have good arm length and isn't as dominant on the boards as you'd hope.

Nerlens Noel is a better prospect than Zeller IMO, but the problem is he's a project we have no shot of developing. Dude has absolutely 0 touch around the basket and no dribbles whatsoever. He can only score on putbacks, cuts, dunks and I'm not sure he's dribbled the ball a single time this year. So yeah, he's got a lot of the same problems as Ves. But he's a better athlete than Ves and has a much better frame to add weight. Much more of a true big than Ves. He's a pretty nasty defender too. Great IQ. Good passer. He's a nice project and a natural top choice for a normal organization that has some ability to develop young players. unfortunately we do not.

Don't have much of an opinion about Len TBH.

I kind of hope we draft Rudy Gobert out of France. I'd leave him over there for a year or two to let his French team develop him since we can't do it ourselves.

Right now my top choice is Shabazz. He's the biggest talent in the class at any position aside from Noel except he already has a ton of offensive skills he can go to immediately in the NBA. He'll come in without us needing to totally develop him. He'd at least have a puncher's chance of working out here. But that still leaves us with a weak big man situation and He's not a true SF, more of a SG/SF tweener like Joe Johnson or James Harden. And Wall + Crawford + Beal + Shabazz is too many shooters in the backcourt. We'd probably need to deal somebody.

I just don't see any light at the end of this tunnel. :(

Beal and Nene give me some hope. Nene is a good player and I think Beal is going to be a good one too. I hope Wall comes back OK, but even if he doesn't, we've at least got two pretty good players locked up long term to build around. A new GM could come in and the cupboard wouldn't be totally bare. Atlanta is doing well for themselves with just two good players plus they've got some flexibility coming their way. We're better off than we were before the 2010 draft.

Harden scored 33 on 12 shots, also 7 assists.

:(

I would trade out of this draft entirely. We don't need anymore long shot project players.

Depending on who's available, I agree. Don't want to see Foye/Miller pt.2, but if they can find a real player, I'd be all for it.

Edited by StillUnknown

I would trade out of this draft entirely. We don't need anymore long shot project players.

Who is out there though? I want a big ideally but that's a minefield because bigs only become available if they're flawed. Like Still said, we can't have another Foye/Miller.

God I wish we just had a FO that could develop their draft picks. We're the worst team in the league and we're trying to build with one hand tied behind our backs because of the FO.

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 11:27 PM ----------

Also if we trade what's going to end up being a top 3 pick, we need to get something long term back. Can't be an old guy because we're not really going to be competitive in the meantime. Has to have long term upside.

God I wish we just had a FO that could develop their draft picks. We're the worst team in the league and we're trying to build with one hand tied behind our backs because of the FO.

I know the posters in this thread get irritated by me, but it's not my intent.

It's this franchise. Now I know why Abe picked Teddy to take over. They both are/were too committed to their inside circle.

The best thing to happen to the Wizards was the Michael Jordan fiasco. It made Abe realize what could be in Washington basketball. Unfortunately TeddyL hasn't learned that lesson.

Edited by chipwhich

Cody screams bust to me. A finess bigman with meh athleticism and short arms...that doesn't translate well into the pros no matter how skilled he may be. I could see Proythess coming in play by years end or even Porter...but I would trade back if I could to get them. If you don't have a shot at Shabazz or Noel, trade back and hopefully off load some dead weight in Ariza or Okafor as they can be interpreted as expirings next season. Shabazz is big enough in todays NBA to play SF and his lack of playmaking right now would be masked next to a (hopefully) healthy Wall.

Zeller is bigger than Love.

Love knows how the ball bounces off the rim and knows how to get it. Its pretty uncanny, i have never seen that from Zeller.

I have to watch Zeller more to get a better NBA comparison, but off gut he reminds me of ZBo with more bounce.

If the Wizards get teh #1 pick, I would take Shabazz. Im convinced he will be better in the NBA than at UCLA like every other player that has played there under Ben Howland.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I think we need to stop adding talent that seems to be solely dependent on Wall playing. We can't be sure what he'll look like when he returns. Last thing we need is to draft another Vesely because he can run and jump, but gets glued to the bench when Wall isn't playing.

Edited by StillUnknown

I think we need to stop adding talent that seems to be solely dependent on Wall playing. We can't be sure what he'll look like when he returns. Last thing we need is to draft another Vesely because he can run and jump, but gets glued to the bench when Wall isn't playing.

Shabazz will be good in the NBA regardless of Wall. Noel and Len have chances of impacting the game without wall too...Not sure about Porter or Poythress. Everyone else...eh...we might want to swap out after that.

If I had the first pick now its Shabazz. He's got true superstar potential at SF and instead of hearing the standard bull**** about heart and defense his strength is scoring ****ing points. If there is one thing the wizards need more than anything it's a skilled cold blooded heartless scoring threat. Plus it seems that he can dribble AND shoot the ball. Incredible.