Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Joey Crawford had that look, "**** it, lets make this interesting."

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:28 PM ----------

Nene missed a late FT in the OT in ATL that made it go to OT. Did it again tonight. But hey, it's better than losing.

Cartier Martin missed 2 down the stretch, Josh Smith missed 2 as well. Both teams could have easily ended this game if not for self-inflicted mistakes.

Cartier Martin missed 2 down the stretch, Josh Smith missed 2 as well. Both teams could have easily ended this game if not for self-inflicted mistakes.

Beal went ice cold. He was 6 of 8 at one point I think and is now 8 of 21. Also only shot 2 free throws.

Edited by Destino

This loss has me pissed. We played well enough to win but we got jobbed on some bad calls at the worst times. Josh Smith and Jeff Teague should have both fouled out a while ago.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:46 PM ----------

Beal went ice cold. He was 6 of 8 at one point I think and is now 8 of 21. Also only shot 2 free throws.

He got hurt and came back and went cold. He was in pain. The lack of FTs wasn't for a lack of attacking the rim. He was the victim of a couple of atrocious no calls.

Everybody looks f'n retarded when you keep losing. This is another game I feel we would've won if wall was out there. Always seems like we're just missing that little extra, never have enough to win. Of our 19 loses, only 6 are by 10 points or more.

You think he'd have done more than a triple double? Point guard production was insanely high tonight.

If everyone knows he was hurt and couldn't shoot the ball... You know what, never mind. There is no answering why this dumb coach does anything.

He was still making plays though. He was playing defense and getting boards, had a couple of nice steals and got the rebound on his missed FT that led to a 3. But yeah, his legs were gone. He fell flat on his back and was stiff and slow setting up for his shots and couldn't get it to fall.

Wittman definitely contributed to the loss. He left a gassed and cold Earl Barron on the floor too long. Barron made two clutch shots but he was wheezing. You needed to find someone else. We needed some creativity with the lineups and playcalls to make up for all of the problems we had picked up--Seraphin foul trouble, Beal injury, Nene injured and limited, Barron gassed, etc.

We didn't adjust and we ran out of gas and we lost the game.

****, why not go small and play Livingston at the 3 and Martell at the 4 to try and jumpstart some offense?

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 10:02 PM ----------

You think he'd have done more than a triple double? Point guard production was insanely high tonight.

We needed another horse down the stretch. By the end of the game Crawford was the only one with anything left. We needed somebody to put the offense on his shoulders then and star making plays.

No, we would've won because only needed 6 more points and we would've won this game. First comment was in reference to you becasue reality is even though wittman isn't a great coach, he and everyone is looking worse because we won't stop losing.

Edited by Renegade7

We needed another horse down the stretch. By the end of the game Crawford was the only one with anything left. We needed somebody to put the offense on his shoulders then and star making plays.

Agreed. If Nene could play big minutes the team would be better. He can't. Singleton is a disaster at the 4. Okafor is only good for about 5 minutes a game. Seraphin has a bad night but for whatever reason he hasn't been able to dominate starting minutes like he did toward the end of last season.

Agreed. If Nene could play big minutes the team would be better. He can't. Singleton is a disaster at the 4. Okafor is only good for about 5 minutes a game. Seraphin has a bad night but for whatever reason he hasn't been able to dominate starting minutes like he did toward the end of last season.

If Nene could play big minutes, he'd still be in Denver.

Nene almost always makes a big impact when he's on the floor. He just doesn't really make bad plays.

He takes up so much space, it's nice having him. He also has a wild looking style of play but it's actually really controlled and effective and yields efficient results.

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 10:20 AM ----------

Nene is our best player. Him coming in off the bench has kept games from becoming blowouts because he can stop the bleeding and take over the paint. He was dominating Josh Smith and Horford physically. It's just such a shame about his foot injury because if he were playing 35+ MPG, he could make the All Star team for us as much as he's featured here.

I've been looking at different options for big men we could pursue and there really isn't a better one than Nene out there IMO. If we're planning on rebooting, we're probably going to have to keep Nene. We can't make the mistake of going too young all over again and Nene as the big can keep the pieces from falling apart when he's on the court.

I don't really think we're going to reboot though. I think right now we're stuck in an awful place because we don't know if John Wall will be our franchise guy moving forward. I get more pessimistic about it every day.

It's a gamble moving forward as if Wall is our franchise guy, but I'm thinking it's one we're going to take. I can't see this FO trading him before his value goes into the crapper.

So be that as it may, to salvage the Wall era we need to keep a lot of this roster together for next year. I'm thinking you keep these guys and use them as the core of next year's rotation:

- Wall

- Crawford

- Beal

- Seraphin

- Nene

- Webster

- Martin

Probably keep Singleton too for now. But it's time to try and trade Booker and Ves and Singleton should be on the table if the offer is decent. Hopefully Ariza doesn't pick up his option. If he does, hopefully we can deal him. Hopefully we can either trade Okafor or let his deal expire after next season. Everyone else on the team today is on a one year deal.

1 - Wall

2 - Beal

3 - Webster

4 - Seraphin

5 - Nene

6 - Crawford

10 - Martin

We would already have our starting five and sixth man roles set going into the season and you end of the rotation guy in place. The job would be to find guys 7, 8, & 9.

Hopefully one would come through our high draft pick. Hopefully another would come from the Ves/Book trade. Hopefully one would either be Singleton or come from the Oak/Ariza deal.

7 - Shabazz/Noel/Len/Zeller

8 - Singleton

9 - Derrick Williams?

That team still sucks at rebounding unfortunately. And the top end is not good enough to hang with the league's best, though they still have untapped potential. But there would actually be preexisting chemistry and defined roles going into the season, and the unit would probably be competitive and capable of going .500 next season if Wall and Nene are actually healthy.

I think the team needs to improve at the 4 and 5 as soon as possible.

- Nene doesn't seem able to play 30+ minutes

- Seraphin has regressed

- Okafor is hot garbage

- Booker isn't good

- Barron is a backup at best

- Vesely doesn't appear to capable of gaining the strength needed to play either position, let alone the skill set.

- Singleton, who has been forced into the role of PF has proven entirely incapable of handling it.

- Seraphin has regressed

- Okafor is hot garbage

- Booker isn't good

- Vesely doesn't appear to capable of gaining the strength needed to play either position, let alone the skill set.

- Singleton, who has been forced into the role of PF has proven entirely incapable of handling it.

Since we have a great GM that cleared cap space, how about making a run at Paul Millsap? He can run and play in the half court, shoots and rebounds well and...nevermind. This sucks. We are stuck with this team for two years.

- Seraphin has regressed

- Okafor is hot garbage

- Booker isn't good

This is all undeniably true. Makes you wonder if the front office knows it and is lying to the fans, or do they still believe that group of players can be productive moving forward.