Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That is terrible news. If he needs to have arthroscopic knee surgery to clean up the cartilage' date=' then it needs to be done as soon as possible. I shudder at the thought of him having micro fracture surgery. That is the nail in the coffin right there folks. Rule of thumb for the wizards continues to be, ' no matter how bad it looks, it [b']always is [/b]worse.'

Fixed it for you.

Micro-fracture surgery is not good news, has anyone come back from it in the NBA with the same explosiveness? Players I remember who had it are Gilbert Arenas, Grant Hill, and Amare Stoudemire and all of them have never been the same since.

Add Chris Webber. Jason Kidd, Allan Houston, Tracy McGrady, Anfernee Hardaway, Greg Oden and Terrell Brandon to that list.

Notice the pattern? :(

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I've been waiting for "micro-fracture" to pop up. The weird silence around his injury feels like the weird silence around every injury that leads to that procedure. It's always "Um....he should be healthy and playing by now but is not even practicing....."

I don't think micro-fracture surgery is an athletic death sentence any longer. It would mean probably 18 months of no or extremely limited Wall though. Which basically means that your franchise is in limbo until about 2015.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

By the way, in reading the article I'm concerned that he doesn't seem to know exactly what his injury is. This has been so vague from the beginning that I wonder if there isn't a certain amount of guesswork going on.

By the way' date=' in reading the article I'm concerned that he doesn't seem to know exactly what his injury is. This has been so vague from the beginning that I wonder if there isn't a certain amount of guesswork going on.[/quote']

I think Ted and the Wiz are being disingenuous about Wall's injury, trying to persuade people it's not bad so they won't be freaked out about buying season tickets, although I'm not sure who would by season tickets, the tickets are so much cheaper on the secondary market.

It hasn't been stated that he needs microfracture surgery yet right? Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. It does seem like his knees are an issue however and were prior to this year. Flip Saunders mentioned his knee tendonitis back during his rookie year.

"I don't think, with his situation, having tendonitis, that he's ever going to be pain free from that," said Saunders. "So I think what we're going to do is we're going to monitor it. That's the approach we're taking, but the reason we say day-to-day is because these things, when you go through them, all of a sudden you might wake up the next day and they might be good to go. That's why we're handling it that way."

Beal is balling right now. I would love to see him put an entire game like this together. You can see the glimpses of the IQ and the skill. If he ever puts it all together he's going to be a hell of a player.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 07:22 PM ----------

I don't like that we take bad threes with 4-5 seconds left on the shot clock. Crawford is bad about this.

I want him to pace himself better and use that time. You can do a lot with the ball in four seconds.

That was frickin nice from Crawf though.

Jordan Crawford is a better passing Jammal Crawford. That's who he is going to be after he's fully developed. On a good team, that's a nice boost... sometimes. On a bad team it can be a detriment. Though to his credit, Crawford does not play selfish.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 07:43 PM ----------

So many turnovers by both teams, hard for the game to get a good flow going.

That's a Hawks game for you. They can be breathtakingly good defensively but they counterbalance it by being so undisciplined on offense.

That that team needs is an awesome PG. If they had someone like Rondo they could contend. If they had someone a tier or two down like Lowery, they would be really good.

14 assists tonight. Magnificent.

Injuries are forcing us into sensible rotations and consistency.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 07:54 PM ----------

Bad sequence from Seraphin there.

To my eye Seraphin looks a lot more comfortable defending shooters in space than he does defending the rim.

Maybe he's more of a PF type than C after all.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 07:59 PM ----------

Wittman left the second unit in the game too long. Nevermind what I said about injuries forcing our rotations into a sensible order. Wittman still finds a way to screw it up.

Wittman, Beal was balling. This is a game where you need to give him 36+ minutes.

Okafor and Singleton at the 4 and 5 are poison to the offense. Singleton can defend the 4 but he can't play it on the offensive end.

Not even a semblance of a post game with Singleton. Singleton has been off the past several games. Still don't know what to make of him.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

Its like clockwork, opposing team makes a run, timeout is called, we make a run to make it respectable, but never quite taking the lead.

I think it's ultimately a fault in the rotations. Wittman just plays the wrong guys too long too often. It happens. But it shouldn't happen as much as it does for us and it's pretty inexcusable how long it took us to have our roles and minutes even begin to crystallize. Would this happen to Rick Carlisle? His two big players were hurt at the start of the season and his best player is still out.

A good coach gets something figured out before the season starts.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:28 PM ----------

It's going to be hard to win if Seraphin doesn't get himself into this game. No real front court offense outside Nene and his minutes are limited.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:32 PM ----------

Jeff Teague is kind of a *****. That was a dirty move hitting Crawford in the face.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

Barron and Okafor are playing entirely too long.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:37 PM ----------

That was some ****ing bull ****. **** these refs.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

Hey Buck, it's not a clean block with the left hand when you use your right arm to level the guy. That was some ****.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

Call a ****ing time out Wittman! Are you a total moron?

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:40 PM ----------

And I hate Jeff Teague. I wish Book was in. I want someone to clean his ***** ass clock.

We need to feed Nene every possession, Atlanta cannot stop him. Instead, we suffer through what Okafor calls a post game.

Nene playing limited minutes, Beal getting hurt, and Seraphin getting into foul trouble is screwing us. We could cope if they'd called the fouls on Smith that they should have and gotten him out of the game. We'd probably win this one if a few things actually broke our way.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:04 PM ----------

Seraphin man. You've got four fouls. Just let him get the layup!

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:05 PM ----------

Or better yet, you know, box out your man.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

Go with Beal, Crawford, Martell/Cartier, Nene, and Seraphin for the home stretch. When Seraphin fouls out put Okafor back in.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:12 PM ----------

Earl Barron should not be on the floor over Nene right now.

Joey Crawford had that look, "**** it, lets make this interesting."

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:28 PM ----------

Nene missed a late FT in regulation in ATL that made it go to OT. Did it again tonight. But hey, it's better than losing.

Edited by SuperBash