Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

OMG, I just saw the McGee gem from last night, haha. You can't win with players with his IQ, haven't done it yet. If he any type of intelligence...

Yes those "gems" have hurt us so much more than those boring missed shots from Young and Crawford.

Yes those "gems" have hurt us so much more than those boring missed shots from Young and Crawford.

Man they all pretty much suck, aside from Wall and Booker. What player as clueless as McGee has ever been a big part of a contending team? I can't honestly think of one

Gasol and Bogut would be nice. I'd love Wall not to be the star on this team, he needs some humility and hasn't earned the captains position. Gasol and his rings wouldn't give a **** about how many shots the guards think they should get.

Gasol and Bogut would be nice. I'd love Wall not to be the star on this team, he needs some humility and hasn't earned the captains position. Gasol and his rings wouldn't give a **** about how many shots the guards think they should get.

Bogut's on his way to GS in a package deal for Monta Ellis.

Not sure Gasol has it in him to demand anything from anybody.

Edited by StillUnknown

Man they all pretty much suck, aside from Wall and Booker. What player as clueless as McGee has ever been a big part of a contending team? I can't honestly think of one
if mistakes = clueless then a lot. Big baby Davis and Ron Artest being the most insanely dumb that come to mind. If we are talking about defensive mistakes the list is loooong.

Btw Wall got rolled all night last night and McGee dominated. But yeah that "gem" totally killed us. The reason I'm stuck on that is that I hate media viewpoints and that is what that is. A dumb play matters more to them than a steady stream if bad play. In the real world it's the other way around.

I'd bet the wizards got more interest in McGee than they did booker...

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 09:27 PM ----------

Bogut's on his way to GS in a package deal for Monta Ellis.

Not sure Gasol has it in him to demand anything from anybody.

If its just Gasol I'd have to see what we lose. He's not what he was and he's 19 million each of the next two season. Trading young and cheap for old and expensive is a lesson this team should have learned already.

Edited by Destino

Gasol is the type of personality that is comfortable in a deferential role. He wouldn't come in here and try to be the alpha.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

Yeah McGee was the best Wizard on the court by far last night. Wall kind of sucked last night and really got taken to the woodshed by Parker.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2012/03/dc-council-game-40-wizards-97-at-spurs-112-winless-since-1999.html#more-19938

ADAM McGINNIS: JaVale’s answer to the trade rumors circling around the Inter-tubes was to come out and straight ball in San Antonio. He crashed the offensive Boards early and was active around the rim all evening. He finished with 21 points on 9-for-13 FGs, 15 boards (seven offensive), and one block. Two plays that stood out in first half: one where he got ball at half court, stopped dribbling, gave it to a guard, then ran straight for the rim and, unfortunately, Chris Singleton missed him for the lob, but McGee soon got a tip-in dunk on the possession. On another play (in GIF form below), McGee beat Tim Duncan to the left low block coming off a Shelvin Mack screen from across the lane, established great position by sealing Duncan, took the post dish, and then drop-stepped and slammed it home. JaVale has struggled with big centers like a Dwight Howard, so to see him have a huge performance on a legit, albeit older 7-footer like Duncan is encouraging. The “let’s make fun of goofy McGee” crowd will ignore these plays and refuse to acknowledge his improvement by just linking the video where he got rocked in the face with the ball. He earned his rep, so he has to deal with the consequences. But from a basketball sense, games like this are a reminder why McGee is too talented for the Wizards to give up on, as well as the reason other teams are vying for his services.

Thanks for proving his point goskin36.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

From that same article:

KYLE WEIDIE: It started about four minutes into the game, Tony Parker blew by Wall on a back cut. Wall wasn’t ready, and he didn’t turn his head fast enough. He just didn’t have it, and neither did his teammates. All night, Wall’s Wizards couldn’t figure out how to best pressure both the ball and passing lanes, resulting in Tony Parker going off with 31 points on 13-for-18 FGs. Wall finished with 12 points (5-for-14 FGs and just 2-for-2 on FTs), five assists, two turnovers and three rebounds in 33.5 minutes. Sure, he had some nice blocks and hit some jumpers late when the Wizards were fighting their hardest to stay within ten points, but several of his passes were off — we will see the blooper of a pass hitting McGee in the head (he should always be looking), but was that the best pass for Wall to make anyway? And I’m not a body language scientist, but it seems Wall was showing too much frustration in the lack of defensive help from teammates against Parker, when Wall himself showed little signs of setting a tone to compete on all plays from the get-go.

0.5 Star (out of 3)

Good point about the blooper play with McGee. Wall probably should have kicked it out to the wide open man behind the three point line instead of passing to McGee within the transition defense. It's the better shot.

But mainly, I find truth in what he says about Wall's body language. He comes off like he's trashing his teammates for standards he's not living up to himself, which is not good leadership.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I won't lie, that dunk by Young got me screaming at the tv :)

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 10:23 PM ----------

Seraphin.... 0 minutes so far.

Blatche needs minutes because Wittman rewards defense. Right?

Edited by Destino

I watch to see Young, Crawford, and Wall on the floor at the same time in the 4th. Because watching Crawford get boxed out by Odom is just so super awesome.

Edit: there's mcgees blooper, missed dunk.

Edited by Destino

I watch to see Young, Crawford, and Wall on the floor at the same time in the 4th. Because watching Crawford get boxed out by Odom is just so super awesome.

Edit: there's mcgees blooper, missed dunk.

Deadspin already has video of him passing directly to Jason Kidd from earlier in the game.

McGee has reached a point where other outlets are watching our games specifically to catch when he messes up.

Deadspin already has video of him passing directly to Jason Kidd from earlier in the game.

McGee has reached a point where other outlets are watching our games specifically to catch when he messes up.

That's kind of lame being that each of those plays aren't exactly rare mistakes. The worst part though is wizards fans cheering them on. That's why McGee is gone... He's never going to make a positive name for himself with sad sacks looking for any mistake to laugh about.

He's gone so my main concern now is Wall. I'm starting to worry about where his head is.

I didn't watch the game tonight, but thought I'd share a response from Ted in some email exchanges we had this week about JaVale.

I emailed him about possible trades and how I wanted to deal McGee so we don't have to pay him a 10-12 million a year contract in the offseason....Ted said JaVale could get 14m per season. Judging by the context of the emails, I'd be shocked if he isn't history at the trade deadline.

I'd offer McGee, Vesely, 2012 1st rounder, and Crawford to the Magic for D12 (even w/o extension) hope D12 falls in love w/ playing with Wall and resigns.

time to go bold or go home.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 11:56 PM ----------

Can we get a group discount on a shooting coach?

we do need a shooting coach, but I've got enough guys on this team who can't shoot....I'm not drafting another one.

Deal the pick or take Beal/Barnes