Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

whoever bashes McGee obviously isn't watching the games. His post moves have improved 100% and he is definitely a lot more disciplined on defense (I type this after Robin Lopez gets him in the air for the foul and two at the line) still though...JaVale has improved a great deal. I hope he puts as much effort in this offseason as he did this past offseason to improve his game.

---------- Post added February-20th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

John just ran into a Wall

Edited by Gator Bait

[/color]John just ran into a Wall

Wall will not hold up long in this league if he continues to drive the lane as reckless as he does. He needs to get smarter and use his speed/quickness to get around people, not plow into them.

[/color]John just ran into a Wall

Wall will not hold up long in this league if he continues to drive the lane as reckless as he does. He needs to get smarter and use his speed/quickness to get around people, not plow into them.

agree...he needs to practice a floater all summer long. I do think he's done better with slowing down a bit lately and letting the game come to him...but he is still going to have relapses

Is there a foul per 48 stat? I'd love to see Vesely on that.

---------- Post added February-20th-2012 at 10:45 PM ----------

That last stretch of play by Nick & JaVale was comical. 55-54 lead to a 62-55 deficit.

The 16 foot hook shot got the face palm. Haha!

But... Everyone else is standing around. Wizards look out of energy and ideas.

Yep, this one is slipping away.

---------- Post added February-20th-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

Vesely's gotta work on that fouling problem. He's an asset on defense, but the constant fouls are putting him on the bench shortly after he enters the game.

---------- Post added February-20th-2012 at 10:54 PM ----------

So from 55-54 to losing 85-60...........

This game is a coaching and mental breakdown. They just stopped moving and everything was a one man offense or a one pass and up. They were very slow getting back on offense as a result. Coach should have spotted that and players shouldn't have fallen into a lull as soon as they took the lead.

Jordan Crawford is a cancer to this team. Typical street ball me first shot chucking scrub.

I'd rather have him than Young at this point. At least Crawford isn't one dimensional, he will pass on occasion. He's actually a decent passer when he wants to be, Young is a one dimensional, inconsistent, black hole.

Ahem 7/10 20points

Young on the other hand has 4 points on 11 shots.

Points don't mean anything. I don't care about points. He plays no defense, constantly turns the ball over, is a ball hog and only plays one on one basketball.He has the basketball IQ of a rock. He scores in meaningless garbage time against bench players and signifies and whines on every non call. I want him off this team or limit his minutes. He's nothing more than a 1 on 1 player. You have plenty of those guys in the league who may be use to "playground ball" and they don't even sniff the court on other teams. Jordan Crawford needs to be in street clothes every game. Give the minutes to a "real" NBA player that actually understands the game of basketball and knows how to run plays.

Points don't mean anything. I don't care about points. He plays no defense, constantly turns the ball over, is a ball hog and only plays one on one basketball.He has the basketball IQ of a rock. He scores in meaningless garbage time against bench players and signifies and whines on every non call. I want him off this team or limit his minutes. He's nothing more than a 1 on 1 player. You have plenty of those guys in the league who may be use to "playground ball" and they don't even sniff the court on other teams. Jordan Crawford needs to be in street clothes every game. Give the minutes to a "real" NBA player that actually understands the game of basketball and knows how to run plays.

You could literally apply those same characteristics to almost every player on the Wizards right now.