Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

about Blatche though...and some of the other athletes I've seen you back on this boar......(aren't you a Floyd Mayweather fan?) Takes a certain type of person to actually like Floyd. I bet you are also a fan of Barry Bonds and Laron Landry.
I don't mind when people disagree with me....I just like it when they can legitimately back it up with an intelligent argument. You still haven't backed up the "Ernie has done well in the draft" argument. I smashed it, showed the proof....and you still continued to argue even though deep down you know you are wrong.

Look, I respect the board rules so I'll moderate what I really think about your arguments. I'll only go so far as to say that you are too immature and obnoxious in the way you post for me to care enough about what you think to take the energy to formulate responses to your posts.

A heads up, when you make personal assumptions about the posters on here like the ones I underlined, you come off like a jack***.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

Mcgee sucks at FTs, he should just get a running start each time and do a sweeping hook from the FT line each time he attempts a FT.

Or dunk it. Anyone know how far back you can start?

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 10:57 AM ----------

Wall and McGee both have the potential to be among the best in the league at their position. That's the two most important positions that would be locked up long term. Of course, neither are there yet. McGee is putting up #s that have him in the top 10 among Cs in PPG and RPG and he's #1 in the league in BPG and he's still not a finished product at only 23. And Wall has as much talent as anyone in the league and I still feel he will be a top 10 player in the entire league some day.

I like Singleton but he won't be more than a role player. If all he can do is play great D and hit open jumpers though, I'm fine with him as a starting SF. We'd just need more offense elsewhere. We have nothing at PF. Blatche is...well Blatche. Vesley is years away from being a real contributor. Booker is really a 7th-8th man on a good team. Thankfully there are lots of good PFs in this year's draft including the unibrow himself, Anthony Davis who has as much upside as anyone.

SG will be void too once Young walks in FA. I'd try to trade him to a contender at the deadline and at least get something for him. He honestly isn't worth keeping as all he can do is score but contributes almost nothing else and his asking price is too high. That, and I think he's part of the losing culture and just has to go, even if that means he'll shine elsewhere(kinda like the Carlos Rogers of the Wizards). Crawford is at best a 6th man but even then his streakiness and overconfidence can cost teams games.

I agree with everything in this post. I think you paint an accurate and unvarnished picture of the situation.

I like your plan too of looking for a PF in the draft. It seems like the position of strength if we can get one of the top guys like Davis.

If not, I'd also look at some of the wings like Quincy Miller, MKG, and Jeremy Lamb.

I hope the FO does everything in their power to acquire another lottery pick like Cleveland did last year. I think we could basically set ourselves for the long term by getting both a PF and a scoring off ball wing. There has to be a way to make this happen.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I haven't watched unibrow as much as I would like but I've a few games and looked up videos on youtube. My question is the following, does he score off of anything that isn't a dunk (usually a put back or lob) or a layup off a fast break? I never see him get the ball in the low post and actually create a scoring opportunity for himself. His defense and shot blocking stands out but I haven't seen anything resembling an NBA level offensive skill set for a PF or center from him.

Drummond doesn't seem to have an advanced post game either but he does, oddly for a man his size, have a fade away jump shot. I see him get the ball and create his own shot and the guy looks like a physical freak.

What am I missing about unibrow that has the scouts and fans so certain that he will be an NBA super star?

I am wondering the same exact thing. He could turn into a Garnett type player at the PF spot, but I don't see the same mid range game that Garnett had throughout his entire career. Davis looks like a PF version of Javale with more skill, but not enough to validate putting him on a roster of already crappy offensive players.

Maybe he'll develop it over his career but are we really in the spot to take yet another offensive project? Harrison Barnes and Jeremy Lamb will not only be good fits, but they'll also give this team the legitimate 2nd option that we so badly need.

Our focus should be building the team around Wall's skill set, not picking the best possible player, even though he might be a terrible overall fit into the roster.

Edited by No Excuses

I haven't watched unibrow as much as I would like but I've a few games and looked up videos on youtube. My question is the following, does he score off of anything that isn't a dunk (usually a put back or lob) or a layup off a fast break? I never see him get the ball in the low post and actually create a scoring opportunity for himself. His defense and shot blocking stands out but I haven't seen anything resembling an NBA level offensive skill set for a PF or center from him.

Drummond doesn't seem to have an advanced post game either but he does, oddly for a man his size, have a fade away jump shot. I see him get the ball and create his own shot and the guy looks like a physical freak.

What am I missing about unibrow that has the scouts and fans so certain that he will be an NBA super star?

Its the system he is in at Kentucky that team is stacked. If you go and watch his video's from the last few years of high school you will see. He was beating guys off the dribble, pullup jumpshots, shooting 3's off the dribble. He was a wing anyway that hit a huge growth spurt. His defense will be so impactful for a team they would be foolish to pass on him #1 overall.

I don't think we will luck into the #1 pick anyway so its a pipedream for me. I'm just hoping for a top 5 pick and I don't want no athletic freaks like PJ3. I'd rather have a solid fundamentally sound player who knows how to play basketball like Sully or Barnes.

Look, I respect the board rules so I'll moderate what I really think about your arguments. I'll only go so far as to say that you are too immature and obnoxious in the way you post for me to care enough about what you think to take the energy to formulate responses to your posts.

A heads up, when you make personal assumptions about the posters on here like the ones I underlined, you come off like a jack***.

I didnt even bother too respond too his comment like you said its not worth it, he makes himself look like a total prick with every comment.

What's been up with Singleton lately? His minutes have been cut and he just hasn't been showing me much in games lately. Especially when I see Booker doing all the damage he's doing. I thought He and Booker would be good together, especially with Blatche out. Maybe its just a slump or he's tired or something, but I hope he's not in Whittman's dog house.

you say you respect board rules, yet you just broke one of them on this "call out"

go look at some more box scores steve....since that is pretty much the basis of any of your sports "knowledge"

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 09:04 PM ----------

I am wondering the same exact thing. He could turn into a Garnett type player at the PF spot, but I don't see the same mid range game that Garnett had throughout his entire career. Davis looks like a PF version of Javale with more skill, but not enough to validate putting him on a roster of already crappy offensive players.

Maybe he'll develop it over his career but are we really in the spot to take yet another offensive project? Harrison Barnes and Jeremy Lamb will not only be good fits, but they'll also give this team the legitimate 2nd option that we so badly need.

Our focus should be building the team around Wall's skill set, not picking the best possible player, even though he might be a terrible overall fit into the roster.

this +10....we already have a shot blocking big with very little offensive game. Davis doesn't have any offensive game and those dunks and put backs aren't going to work in the NBA. I'd also rather have barnes or Lamb...but I'm sticking with trading the pick for a proven NBA vet that can score. Rudy Gay. Get it done.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 09:12 PM ----------

seems like John Wall always gives up career highs to other team's PGs.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 09:15 PM ----------

It sucks knowing that being down by 10 with 3 minutes left is the end of the game for us. I remember Gilbert and co. could come back from just about any deficit.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 09:18 PM ----------

Crawford better watch out....Noah is bowling for Wizards guards.

seems like John Wall always gives up career highs to other team's PGs.

I notice that too. Last year he said that its because other teams always bring their A game against him. I don't know. I'm kinda frustrated having the 2nd best point on the floor every night. I can understand that when playing against Rose, but C'mon Kimba Walker hot a triple double against him.

@MikePradaSBN

Mike Prada

Andray Blatche out 3-5 weeks w strained calf, Randy Wittman says

Do any of yall think there is NO injury and the team is privately shutting him down so he can work on his conditioning? Doesn't bother me one bit that he's not playing. I've accepted the fact that he's not going to be traded because he has no value. Whatever gets us closer to the summer that the amnesty clause can be used, I'm all for (in reference to Blatche).

I ****ing hate Kyle Korver.

For some reason our players thought it was better to double down on Joakim Noah at the top of the key instead of keeping a body on Korver. :twitch:

Do any of yall think there is NO injury and the team is privately shutting him down so he can work on his conditioning? Doesn't bother me one bit that he's not playing. I've accepted the fact that he's not going to be traded because he has no value. Whatever gets us closer to the summer that the amnesty clause can be used, I'm all for (in reference to Blatche).

I'm not entirely certain why he's sitting out, but I would bet my life savings that its got nothing to do with a strained calf.

Booker had a solid all around game last night, in particular his offensive post game. It was refreshing to see our PF actually back somebody down for a change.

I like the fight they showed in the 4th, but this team is in desperate need of some shooters (:obvious: ). That should be the first question asked of any potential draftee & FA signing. If they don't pass that test, move on to the next one.

Edited by StillUnknown

I like the fight they showed in the 4th, but this team is in desperate need of some shooters (:obvious: ). That should be the first question asked of any potential draftee & FA signing. If they don't pass that test, move on to the next one.

I'm constantly amazed at how many 3-5 foot running floaters they miss. Unreal. Forget about basic 8 foot jumpers. If they don't dunk it or lay it in, it's not going in. I get that they're not a "jumpshooting team" but wow... this is professional basketball, gents. There's got to be a certain percentage that even the Wizards should be making. It must be laughable to opposing players and fans.

Edited by Chachie

The lack of shooters is evident and thats why I want Lamb or Barnes in the draft. Try to target a serviceable PF in FA or trade somehow that has a mid range jumper and can rebound. Milisap is my dream to pair up with Lamb or Barnes in the offseason.

Barnes looks good in college but there are concerns about him being more of a good scorer and less of a star at the pro level. The knock on him is that he struggles to create for himself and is more of an opportunistic scoring threat. That would go well with John Wall but isn't the second star either.

I think Drummond is the best of the bunch currently in terms of projecting into the nba.