Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The front office said they don't want to go to the playoffs? 

Shepp has said he is not going to make moves simply to chase the 8th seed. doing dumb **** like holding on to Jeff Green and Ariza last year to pretend like we had a shot at the playoffs. Shepp wants moves that will benefit the build of the team more than he wants to chase the chance to be swept in the 1st round. Grunfeld clearly operated on the opposite spectrum, he wanted the playoffs to embellish his **** resume

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Shepp has said he is not going to make moves simply to chase the 8th seed. doing dumb **** like holding on to Jeff Green and Ariza last year to pretend like we had a shot at the playoffs. Shepp wants moves that will benefit the build of the team more than he wants to chase the chance to be swept in the 1st round. Grunfeld clearly operated on the opposite spectrum, he wanted the playoffs to embellish his **** resume

If they somehow make the playoffs, great.

Just dont want to sacrifice long term assets for short term goals.

18 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I never read that. All I knew is that they weren't going to "tank". I didn't take that as making bad moves to get that 8th seed. I took it was not trading away anything of value for future pics or considerations.

Obviously Beal isn't going to say "Yeah, this is a tank year" because if that case, he should be playing 25-30min a game and no more to give younger guys as much run as possible.

IT was -22 in just 19 minutes.  Beal may be all in for a playoff run, but ITank is getting minutes to make sure that doesn't happen. 

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

152 points surrendered in regulation

Third game this season the Wizars have allowed 150 or more in regulation.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Quick, quick.  Was Ernie the GM back then?  WHO DO WE BLAME FOR SCREWING THAT UP

It was Jordan. Kobe has been open about wanting to play for the Jordan Wizards and would have signed here in 2004 if MJ would have stayed on in the front office.

Eventually, he decided to not come here because Abe Pollin replaced MJ with.... Ernie Grunfeld. So yes, Ernie's fault.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It was Jordan. Kobe has been open about wanting to play for the Jordan Wizards and would have signed here in 2004 if MJ would have stayed on in the front office.

Eventually, he decided to not come here because Abe Pollin replaced MJ with.... Ernie Grunfeld. So yes, Ernie's fault.

I follow that logic and I like it.

7 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Jordan's fault, too, for being a ****ty GM, but not for the trade falling through. Lakers likely jus said "hell no".

Jesus, if we already forfeited the game today, why are we still playing?

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Milwaukee got 80 points, there are still 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter

I want 100  before half jus to see if the NBA takes notice. But they might rest starters before they do.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Giannis out tonight

My God, and they still beating us to death like a seal pup?

Edited by Renegade7