Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

if that 3pt % can hover around 40%, it drastically changes his ceiling. he still seems more comfortable with the ball in the hand, running almost a point-forward type of position, but his handles aren't quite where they need to be right now to do it consistently.

Edited by StillUnknown

2 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Thought we played well yesterday - we just ran into a freakin' buzz saw in the Jazz.

One thing I've noticed through the years is that the Jazz almost ALWAYS trounce us by at least 20 points. They are one of those teams that we just never even get close to. Last night was an improvement. We hung tough until late. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Beal's 3pt shooting percentages:

16-17: 40.4 on 7.2 attempts

17-18: 37.5 on 6.5 attempts

18-19: 35.1 on 7.3 attempts 

Current season: 30.6 on 8.1 attempts 

Not a good trend. He's damn good scorer these days, but his 3pt shot is leaving him.

his %assisted on three point makes has dropped in each year according to basketball reference.

Current season .684

That could mean he’s simply missing assisted three attempts, but it probably means he’s shooting more threes off the bounce and less spot up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

his %assisted on three point makes has dropped in each year according to basketball reference.

Current season .684

That could mean he’s simply missing assisted three attempts, but it probably means he’s shooting more threes off the bounce and less spot up.

Just from the eye test, i dont think he's taking bad 3pt shots. He's just missing good looks/opportunities. I'm not sure if that concerns me more or less

I need to check the numbers to see if it lines up to what i'm seeing.

15 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

So this is an interesting starting 5...

brooks just be throwing darts and where they land, is who he starts

its a good way to inflate the bench scoring numbers though

IT leaving his feet to contest a 30ft Lavine 3pt shot, only to watch as he blows by him on the way to a dunk, kinda sums up this version of the IT experience

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

White's going to be a good one.  He's got an unconventional dribble drive game that's hard to predict, and he's aggressive.  Tall for his position too.  Looks like a volume scorer once he gets more fluid with the catch and shoot game and extends his range to the NBA line.

Way to help AP out when he got the rebound in the middle of four red jerseys guys.  Stood there with their dicks in their hands as he's pivoting around like a windmill.