Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

20 hours ago, -JB- said:

Any chance Wiz can unload Mahinmi’s expiring contract?

It's possible because it is quite a sizeable expiring, but we might want to keep it in case we need the space to keep someone like Davis Bertans.  It's doubtful that Mahinmi would bring back enough net gain in value to be worthwhile, but it's not impossible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I thought Bonga was a lock for the Go-Go, instead he's our opening day starter at the 3........dark times ahead

If we get to 27 wins it will be a miracle. If Beal misses anytime, we'll be in the teens

I'm actually kind of excited to see him.  He's one of the few guys with real defensive potential and he's also the youngest player on the team I think, so it speaks well for him that he won the #2 SF job.  He fits into the positionless mold and has dribble-pass-shoot potential, although I don't know if he can shoot right now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Reading up on it some more, the listed heights previous to now was very half assed. Teams werent verifying heights every year (or at all in some cases), so whatever you came into the league as was able to stick.  It got to be you were whatever you said you were, or teams just used whatever the college data was.

Apparently, this all started because of Buddy Hield.  His age wasnt listed correctly and the league thought they needed to crackdown on the integrity of all their data, ie., age, height, weight.  

Edited by justice98

25 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Wagner the new Vesely? Has as many fouls as he does minutes.

He scores though.  Ves never did much of that.  Best we could usually say about ves is hehad a few assisted dunks and a strong rebound.  If he ever dribbled the ball Wittman sent him to the shadowlands.

Im not saying Frankensteins Monster is good, just that he’s different than Vesely.  

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

This is easily gonna be the worst team in the league.

I’m good with that.  This is a development year for young players while wall gets healthy.  If it ends with Rui developing, Mahinmi’s deal off the books, and a top 3 pick... that’s cause for celebration.  This year isn’t about winning.  

Speaking of Hachi, double double for the rookie.  Not a bad first night for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Some predicted the Wizards to be a borderline playoff team this year. 🤣

Seriously. That is what I read on NBC Sports Washington.

NBC Sports Washington is state tv, nobody puts any stock into any of their predictions

the rest of the world has us competing with the Cavs for worst record in the league

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Some predicted the Wizards to be a borderline playoff team this year. 🤣

Seriously. That is what I read on NBC Sports Washington.

That sounds more like an indictment of the East then a raving review.  We might not win a game against the west all year, at least on the road.