• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the doublethink.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented doublethink.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.

1st Quarter Redskins 7 - 3 Eagles
      "The Closer" Haskins showed up for work early today and hit his former college teammate for a touchdown.  He really took the life out of this crowd in *checks notes* Fedex Field. 

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA

20 hours ago, -JB- said:

Any chance Wiz can unload Mahinmi’s expiring contract?

It's possible because it is quite a sizeable expiring, but we might want to keep it in case we need the space to keep someone like Davis Bertans.  It's doubtful that Mahinmi would bring back enough net gain in value to be worthwhile, but it's not impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

The league made teams measure guys in bare feet and stop fudging the info.

How did guys increase in size? Only shoes that make you shorter are cement shoes.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I thought Bonga was a lock for the Go-Go, instead he's our opening day starter at the 3........dark times ahead

If we get to 27 wins it will be a miracle. If Beal misses anytime, we'll be in the teens

I'm actually kind of excited to see him.  He's one of the few guys with real defensive potential and he's also the youngest player on the team I think, so it speaks well for him that he won the #2 SF job.  He fits into the positionless mold and has dribble-pass-shoot potential, although I don't know if he can shoot right now.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

How did guys increase in size? Only shoes that make you shorter are cement shoes.

Which guys got taller?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Reading up on it some more, the listed heights previous to now was very half assed. Teams werent verifying heights every year (or at all in some cases), so whatever you came into the league as was able to stick.  It got to be you were whatever you said you were, or teams just used whatever the college data was.

Apparently, this all started because of Buddy Hield.  His age wasnt listed correctly and the league thought they needed to crackdown on the integrity of all their data, ie., age, height, weight.  

Edited by justice98

The season is about 3 minutes old and I'm already sick of Drew Gooden.

It's going to be a long ****ing season.

• Like 1

Ish shooting form is busted.

Rebounding the ball well though. Multiple guys attacking the glass.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The bench is out of this world bad. 

So far through 3 quarters, they have 13 fouls.  You know how many FGs, rebounds, and assists they have, combined?  12.

Edited by justice98

Wagner the new Vesely? Has as many fouls as he does minutes.

Edited by CRobi21

This is easily gonna be the worst team in the league.

Edited by justice98
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Wagner the new Vesely? Has as many fouls as he does minutes.

He scores though.  Ves never did much of that.  Best we could usually say about ves is hehad a few assisted dunks and a strong rebound.  If he ever dribbled the ball Wittman sent him to the shadowlands.

Im not saying Frankensteins Monster is good, just that he’s different than Vesely.  

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

This is easily gonna be the worst team in the league.

I’m good with that.  This is a development year for young players while wall gets healthy.  If it ends with Rui developing, Mahinmi’s deal off the books, and a top 3 pick... that’s cause for celebration.  This year isn’t about winning.  

Speaking of Hachi, double double for the rookie.  Not a bad first night for him.

• Like 1

Look, yo, I turned in for the last 4 minutes and looked like we were throwing up game over threes when we were doing by about 10.  I'm fine with us being bad if the rebuild is the plan, but dont not try to win.  

Some predicted the Wizards to be a borderline playoff team this year. 🤣

Seriously. That is what I read on NBC Sports Washington.

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

NBC Sports Washington is state tv, nobody puts any stock into any of their predictions

the rest of the world has us competing with the Cavs for worst record in the league

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

That sounds more like an indictment of the East then a raving review.  We might not win a game against the west all year, at least on the road.

Rui with a double double.

Didn't see how he looked, but that's impressive for a rook in his first pro game.

• Thanks 1