Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I’m fascinated by this new breed of nba players, to which Wall belongs, that are both old school hard asses and total dandies.  They walk around scowling while wearing flowery prints that they obsessed over and cost them a fortune.  Like giant divas, without the negative connotations.  No one would have predicted this 15 years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Destino said:

I’m fascinated by this new breed of nba players, to which Wall belongs, that are both old school hard asses and total dandies.  They walk around scowling while wearing flowery prints that they obsessed over and cost them a fortune.  Like giant divas, without the negative connotations.  No one would have predicted this 15 years ago. 

For real, Russell looks straight flamboyant sometimes,  but If you didnt know who he was and underestimated him he probably octagon you right there, black out and everything.

I watched my first start to finish WNBA game tonight.  I wasn’t feeling it at first, but my daughter needed to see her old man supporting women in sports.  She gets really excited to see the “girls” on tv getting cheered on.  She talks pretty good for a six year old too “they’re sort of like the wizards, but they win, so they’re better.”  Im very proud.  

I was rewarded with a tight finish that was highly entertaining.  Worth watching imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

So basically he'll miss the first two weeks or so of the season.

Heck, with our luck I was expecting he tore both his acl and meniscus....

Given the nature of injuries in dc sports, its entirely possible he tore his acl & meniscus and they diagnosed it as a ruptured thumb ligament

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2019 at 2:13 AM, Destino said:

I watched my first start to finish WNBA game tonight.  I wasn’t feeling it at first, but my daughter needed to see her old man supporting women in sports.  She gets really excited to see the “girls” on tv getting cheered on.  She talks pretty good for a six year old too “they’re sort of like the wizards, but they win, so they’re better.”  Im very proud.  

I was rewarded with a tight finish that was highly entertaining.  Worth watching imo. 

Delle Donne reportedly got MVP, glad to see them as good as theyve probably ever been, hard to ignore and not respect.  Was at the elimination game last year, if they make finals again, I'll go again.  I dont find WNBA as entertaining as NBA, but when you there you lose track of that.  Same way I felt first time going to DC United game.

What's it going to mean if every team Ted owns wins a championship before the Wizards? Is that reason for hope or a warning?

Edited by Renegade7

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Delle Donne reportedly got MVP, glad to see them as good as theyve probably ever been, hard to ignore and not respect. 

First female member of the 50-40-90 club.  The club only has 9 members and she’s the only WNBA player on the list.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1