Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

See if he'd take a 3/45.  I'd love to have him back.  I know he's not without his warts, but he's the only other guy on the roster, aside from Beal, who can actually create their own shot/offense.  Crazy to see how much bounce he had after all the injuries and probably weighing about 270.  This would 100% be a low risk/high reward signing if it can work out.  I think dude just turned 24.  If he can stay healthy and committed to his conditioning, there could be some serious upside.  Not to mention, he's never had quality coaching in his career.  I don't think much of Scott Brooks, TBH, but it's something to think about when considering his ups/downs in his other stops. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If we're going for the #1 pick, I'd give him a one year deal.  If we're trying to win games I wouldn't pay him anything.

I agree, if we want to get serious about improving the defense, we can't have someone on the roster that jokes about them not being paid to do that. **** that ****.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

What's the appeal of Cam Reddish? Just because he played at Duke? 

again I wouldn't be caught being a Wizards fan, no way am I a fan of that loser franchise that is perpetually cursed, but IF i were a Wizards fan wouldn't I want a power forward 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

again I wouldn't be caught being a Wizards fan, no way am I a fan of that loser franchise that is perpetually cursed, but IF i were a Wizards fan wouldn't I want a power forward 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Dude talking about the party zone (in that thread of clips) at VC eventually being filled to watch Reddish next to Beal. 

Does he not understand the impact GLOBALLY that Hachimura will have?  The wave of Japanese fans will be far greater (now) for Rui than it would be for Reddish. 

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Dude talking about the party zone (in that thread of clips) at VC eventually being filled to watch Reddish next to Beal. 

Does he not understand the impact GLOBALLY that Hachimura will have?  The wave of Japanese fans will be far greater (now) for Rui than it would be for Reddish. 

Great we'll have a bunch of Japanese fans watching us win 30 games a year with a guy who'll struggle to put up 15/5 a game. Meanwhile Reddish will be making All Star games on a rising young Hawk team that by the way is in our division.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Your opinion is null and void because you're a Lonzo Ball fan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Great we'll have a bunch of Japanese fans watching us win 30 games a year with a guy who'll struggle to put up 15/5 a game. Meanwhile Reddish will be making All Star games on a rising young Hawk team that by the way is in our division. 

How many NBA All Stars shot 35% from the floor and had a 98 ORtg and 13.6 PER in college?  Those are trash numbers.  And he was a third option on a stacked team.  That kid ain't ****.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How many NBA All Stars shot 35% from the floor and had a 98 ORtg and 13.6 PER in college?  Those are trash numbers.  And he was a third option on a stacked team.  That kid ain't ****.

He was like historically bad...obviously that doesn't mean he can't turn into a good pro, but he had more red flags than Rui LOL. 

Wizards are in no position to draft reaches.  They need guys who can come in and contribute from day 1.  IF this thing ever gets turned around 2-3 seasons from now, those guys we just drafted need to still be on the roster getting heavy minutes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

He was like historically bad...obviously that doesn't mean he can't turn into a good pro, but he had more red flags than Rui LOL. 

Wizards are in no position to draft reaches.  They need guys who can come in and contribute from day 1.  IF this thing ever gets turned around 2-3 seasons from now, those guys we just drafted need to still be on the roster getting heavy minutes. 

see i disagree completely. I think the Wizards are in the exact position where we need to draft reaches

Reddish wasn't that guy for me though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

He's only a year and a half younger than Rui too.  And Rui started playing basketball as a second sport when he was older.  He's better than Reddish.

Reddish shouldn't have been a lotto pick.  A lot of guys taken after him are better players.  The Hawks are banking way too much on potential with him.

19 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

see i disagree completely. I think the Wizards are in the exact position where we need to draft reaches

Reddish wasn't that guy for me though

Reddish screams project to me.  I don't think Brooks is the guy to nurture him along the way over the next 2 seasons (remember ron baker getting minutes over troy brown?)  At least with Rui, he's got 3 years NCAA experience playing under one of the better coaches in the country AND he's not going to be nearly as green as Reddish if given big minutes right away. 

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's only a year and a half younger than Rui too.  And Rui started playing basketball as a second sport when he was older.  He's better than Reddish.

Reddish shouldn't have been a lotto pick.  A lot of guys taken after him are better players.  The Hawks are banking way too much on potential with him.

Forgot were I read it, but I saw that the game that put Rui on the map was when he dropped 25 on Jayson Tatum in some exhibition.  This was 2 years after he started playing the sport. 

8 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I watched a ton of Duke games this year... Cam Reddish did not standout at all. Quite honestly, I don't see what's the hype about Barrett either. 

I wasn't as impressed with Barrett as I thought I'd be either.  Draftniks had speculated that he was a better NBA prospect than Zion at the beginning of the season, but that definitely wasn't true.  He was OK.  A solid lottery pick.  But I thought his handle and his shooting ability would be better than they are.

His potential could be higher than theirs since he's younger, but I thought Culver and Hunter looked better than him.

This class felt like Zion and Ja and everyone else.  There will probably be other All Stars that emerge, but it will be guys like Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard that the league didn't really see coming.  Hopefully Rui is one of those guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

Reddish screams project to me.  I don't think Brooks is the guy to nurture him along the way over the next 2 seasons (remember ron baker getting minutes over troy brown?)  At least with Rui, he's got 3 years NCAA experience playing under one of the better coaches in the country AND he's not going to be nearly as green as Reddish if given big minutes right away. 

Green prospects don't scare me at the moment. We're not close to competing for anything but a fringe 8th seed spot at best. I'm perfectly willing to swing and miss on prospects the next couple of years as long as they have high upside.

3yrs of experience and good coaching still didnt make Rui any good on defense, despite having physical gifts to be excellent in that area.

3 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Forgot were I read it, but I saw that the game that put Rui on the map was when he dropped 25 on Jayson Tatum in some exhibition.  This was 2 years after he started playing the sport.  

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2019/3/28/18285378/rui-hachimura-japanese-gonzaga-ncaa-tournament-nba-draft-2019-scouting-report

It was the FIBA U17 Championships when Japan played the United States.

Rui is a gifted athlete with a high level of natural talent.  He's strong and a good leaper and has very long arms and large hands.  And he is very coordinated for his size, evidenced by how good his footwork and touch are on his finishes.  That's how I think he got good so fast.  But it's clear that his feel is still very underdeveloped.  I think it might take him a minute to get good, even though he's coming out as a junior with good scoring skills.