Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That article is trash.  She slanders Wall.  Pushes a presumptive and dumb narrative about drama in the locker room supported by nothing but a vague decontextualized quote from Gortat.  Flatly states that Sato is the only one anybody likes which is bull****.  The beat guys covering the team reported that the most perplexing thing about the chemistry problems the Wizards have had was that everybody liked each other.  It's a big reason they haven't been able to figure it out.  It's really just a story about her doing an activity with him.  And the way she explains how Sato was drafted is not at all how it actually happened.  We were trying to get Sato to come over for years before he finally agreed to do so.

If she was going to publish criticism of Wall, she should have interviewed him.  Trash journalism.

• Thanks 1

I'm so tired of the stupid takes that pin this team's losing entirely on chemistry issues, and blaming those on Wall being a dick.

Why is it so hard to accept that this team is not very good?  That everyone has chemistry issues from time to time, but our real problem is that we don't have enough talent?  Not in our front office.  Not in our coaching staff.  And not on our roster.  We can't play defense at all.  We can't rebound.  We have two guys who can consistently score in volume.  Our coaching is crap.  Our front office can't stock a roster with rotation talent.  This is not a good team.

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Wall and Beal are literally some of the best guards in the East

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Being able to make the playoffs, especially in the East, is not a bar for being considered good.

Both are true, and it's our fault for not surrou doing them with everything they need to reach their potential and win rings.  Their combined playoff averages win playoff series and take top seeds to the limit.

Bad coaching, no third star, it's not fair when they go off it's not good enough and when they dont go offer they get dismantled by the media.  Most bad organizations manage to waste the career of one star at a time, nope, were doing two at a tine.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If she was going to publish criticism of Wall, she should have interviewed him.  Trash journalism.

Disagree. Great article, spent the whole day with Sato to get it. Gave some interesting insights on euro bball.

Wall is our franchise player and this team is 100% done. He's going to get all the blame and bad press until he's on another team. 

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Disagree. Great article, spent the whole day with Sato to get it. Gave some interesting insights on euro bball.

Wall is our franchise player and this team is 100% done. He's going to get all the blame and bad press until he's on another team.  

If you publish gossip and innuendo about an individual and give your own opinion about it, then you need to interview him.

That article was garbage.  It was a personality feature based on spending an afternoon with Sato.  A puff piece.  Except that it was filled with inaccuracies.  And it made unsubstantiated criticisms in an attempt to contextualize the article and make it more interesting than the subject actually was.  It's bad journalism.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

If you publish gossip and innuendo about an individual and give your own opinion about it, then you need to interview him.

Si, its a disservice to the reader not to give them chance to defend your allegations.  I wonder if this person knows Ernie...

ernie-sesame-street-81.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That article was garbage.  It was a personality feature based on spending an afternoon with Sato.  A puff piece.  Except that it was filled with inaccuracies.  And it made unsubstantiated criticisms in an attempt to contextualize the article and make it more interesting than the subject actually was.  It's bad journalism.

This is the Washington Wizards, a nothing team in the East that hasnt been a contender for 30+ years.

You should be happy a journalist even bothers to write a puff piece.

We're still pretending this team has no chemistry issues?  Ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, Mooka said:

This is the Washington Wizards, a nothing team in the East that hasnt been a contender for 30+ years.

No, not if its BS and comes across to smear the face of the franchise, that does more harm then good. 

Edited by Renegade7

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Over the last two seasons, what’s the Wiz record when Wall doesn’t play? I don’t know but in a small sample size it seems to be pretty good, no?

Ugh, 15-12 last year and 6-4 this year, so 21-17 overall. In the East, that's nothing to be proud of at all.  What we learned last year is probably what were going to see the next two games that Beal is the only star we have active with Wall out, the Bucks and Raptors won't care.  This is not a better team without Wall, it is our fault for not figuring how to blend what works with him out with what works with him playing.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Smear the franchise?

Im shocked anyone cares. This franchise is garbage atm. 

Ya, well, it's our franchise, so yea, we care.  I'm taking my sister to the Toronto game, its her first, so yes, i care.

And i said franchise player, Wall doesn't belong in the same category as Ernie, so let stay specific here if we're going to be picking and choosing which parts are actually garbage.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

John missed half the season last year.  We were 20-21 without him.

Thank you for the correction and helping driving home this point (focus a lot was on our run last year without him that fizzled out, but people keep forgetting that's how it ended).

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, well, it's our franchise, so yea, we care.  I'm taking my sister to the Toronto game, its her first, so yes, i care.

And i said franchise player, Wall doesn't belong in the same category as Ernie, so let stay specific here if we're going to be picking and choosing which parts are actually garbage.

I love Wall but hes got bad knees and bone spurs in his foot with a 170million contract extension. He's about to be making 40million a year. Thats straight garbage. Id dump him ASAP for absolutely nothing.

This is the 2nd lockerroom in a row thats had big problems, last one was the Arenas team. Something wrong internally with this franchise.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

We're still pretending this team has no chemistry issues?  Ridiculous.

Their issues are no more serious than what you find around the NBA.  Sato actually gave a quote in that article where he says that infamous practice where Wall and Oubre cussed out Brooks was a good one.  That the anger was from scrapping on court and that it was normal to him.

One more thing, when Wall cussed out Brooks, that was reported at the time as if it was Brooks having lost John Wall over coaching failures.  The author of that article asked Sato about the incident and Sato said John did it because Brooks kicked  him off the practice court for his fight with Jeff Green.  It was a much pettier incident than it was reported to be.

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

I'm not so desperate for Wizards content that I think a personality feature from an amateur that is filled with inaccuracies that paint the franchise and our best player in an awful light is a good article.

28 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I love Wall but hes got bad knees and bone spurs in his foot with a 170million contract extension. He's about to be making 40million a year. Thats straight garbage. Id dump him ASAP for absolutely nothing.

If he can't stay healthy next year then we can talk. He's good people, no one's gonna trade for that contract anyway, which you can thank the CBA for. We are better talent wise with him healthy and wants to be here, how many all stars want to be here? Be careful what you wish for.

This is the 2nd lockerroom in a row thats had big problems, last one was the Arenas team. Something wrong internally with this franchise.

"It starts at the top."

Edited by Renegade7

28 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Their issues are no more serious than what you find around the NBA.  

Every team is having players only meetings that make everything worse because players don’t feel they can be honest and get to speak (confirmed, and not a rumor).  The team actually got worse after that too, so this isn’t just drama of no consequence.  Also, does team has their star player go on ESPN to **** talk the teams starting center, during the season?  No, they don’t.