Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Min contract is all we have left.  I'm still not totally clear how OKC is able to get rid of him.

Yea, I don’t understand how you can buy out a guy with a no-trade clause. But if he can be picked up for some flotsam (Meeks+Mahinmi/Smith) or outright signed for min. It’s a ridiculous steal. 

1yr 5mil turns into 2yrs 11 mil

player option is the reason we paying Meeks. player option is the reason we paying Jason Smith

a player with absolutely no leverage gets an extra year because our GM is a ****ing idiot, no other reason. Dwight stinks the joint up, or further erodes the locker room, we still on the hook for more dollars. There is not  one single positive to giving that man a player's option, it only benefits HIM

i want Grunfeld's blood

Edited by StillUnknown

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, an extra year for $6 mil more isn't a death knell when we're aleady suffering through Ian freaking Mahimi's deal.

if Dwight is playing here for 6mil next year, it means his upcoming season was ****ed in every way imaginable, in which case his 6 mil is 6 mil we don't have to spend on someone who could actually help

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

6 mil for D12 is a blessing. When we have absolutely no ability to get players next year as Johns max starts, we will need cheap contracts on starter quality players. 

it will only be for a 6 mil next season if we don't want to pay him.

Edited by StillUnknown

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why is 2 horrible if he actually does play better here?  I don't expect a max year nor demand for max.

It's not horrible the problem is 'not horroble' is the best we can get from this outside of a championship. 

And we ain't getting that

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm sorry, but this is a ghastly idea.  If you want to win 10-12 fewer games next year, this is would do it.

I know you love porter's metrics but Scott ha's no idea what do with it.  He's a waste here, do is this with gs having 5 all stars.  Not my best idea, but I've lost hope on your boy

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It's not horrible the problem is 'not horroble' is the best we can get from this outside of a championship. 

And we ain't getting that

All the more reason to stop acting like anything we do this year matters.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

All the more reason to stop acting like anything we do this year matters.

Yea i guess. But this is thefirst year without Lebron in the east and that matters. We could have been competitive if we didn't give out ****ty contracts like Howard's and that matters.

Alot should matter but cause we screwed the pooch years ago none of it does. I would rather we stop doing that to ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea i guess. But this is thefirst year without Lebron in the east and that matters. We could have been competitive if we didn't give out ****ty contracts like Howard's and that matters.

Alot should matter but cause we screwed the pooch years ago none of it does. I would rather we stop doing that to ourselves. 

I want to say I hate this idea, too, but Thanos has all the infinity stones.  LeBron is staying out the east, how do we beat gs?  Wait them out?

Edited by Renegade7

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

D12’s contract is not ****ty. It’s the best contract we have had on a Center in 20 years. Think about it. Gortat got 5 for 70 and sucked for 3 of them. Nene was injured for half his contract. Ian+Nicholson+Smith for 70 mil? Hayward+Ethan Thomas? And he’s also the best center we’ve had in 20 years. Name a single guy that we’ve had since Unseld that could get a 30-20. And he did it just last year! 

Man, if you think the lineup right now won’t compete for the top spot in the east...

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

D12’s contract is not ****ty. It’s the best contract we have had on a Center in 20 years. Think about it. Gortat got 5 for 70 and sucked for 3 of them. Nene was injured for half his contract. Ian+Nicholson+Smith for 70 mil? Hayward+Ethan Thomas? And he’s also the best center we’ve had in 20 years. Name a single guy that we’ve had since Unseld that could get a 30-20. And he did it just last year! 

Man, if you think the lineup right now won’t compete for the top spot in the east...

You're predicting 2016 Otto aren't you. Because old man hip Otto = not even closer to contending for #1 seed. Either way you are semi-crazy if you think as is we are close to Boston healthy. Healthy Boston is winning 60+. Maybe 65 given how bad the east is now.

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Old man hip Otto was entirely a result of having to bang for rebounds because Marcin couldn’t do a damn thing on the boards. D12 is going to save years on otto’s Hips this year. 

In a world where Alex Ovechkin has lifted the Stanley Cup - F it, let's aim high.