Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

As others have said - our basketball IQ is abysmal. Our decisions with 2 mins left in the game are just horrible.

Put about 75% of this on the coach. Going with a 2-3 zone to finish out the game was a great move. Great move towards tanking another game.

Seems pretty obvious that we have no intention of winning games this year. Thornton left the game at 9:51 in the 4th, never came back in. McGee has his best game of the year but gets benched for Armstrong who grabbed 1 rebound all game. Yi and Armstrong both combined for about 28 minutes in total.

Flip is a dumbass but at this point seems like the perfect coach to get us the #1 overall pick back to back years.

Put about 75% of this on the coach. Going with a 2-3 zone to finish out the game was a great move. Great move towards tanking another game.

Seems pretty obvious that we have no intention of winning games this year. Thornton left the game at 9:51 in the 4th, never came back in. McGee has his best game of the year but gets benched for Armstrong who grabbed 1 rebound all game. Yi and Armstrong both combined for about 28 minutes in total.

Flip is a dumbass but at this point seems like the perfect coach to get us the #1 overall pick back to back years.

Yea, I am not an NBA genius . . . . but what was the strategy of having Armstrong in at the end of this game? What could possibly be the strategy??????????? Armstrong? Really? Really?

Benching a red hot Thorton. . . . . awesome.

I am done with Flip.

Edited by Duckus

Moe Williams just owns us. If he played us 82x a year he'd be the greatest player of all-time.

No but really, this is a young team that is going to lose and lose a lot. I think we would have been better off letting Flip go and getting a young HC that can grow with these guys. Flip is better suited coaching veteran teams. I don't know if Sam I Am is the answer just yet though, I'd prefer he develop a bit more on the bench. We should have gone after someone like Brian Shaw.

Moe Williams just owns us. If he played us 82x a year he'd be the greatest player of all-time.

No but really, this is a young team that is going to lose and lose a lot. I think we would have been better off letting Flip go and getting a young HC that can grow with these guys. Flip is better suited coaching veteran teams. I don't know if Sam I Am is the answer just yet though, I'd prefer he develop a bit more on the bench. We should have gone after someone like Brian Shaw.

+1

McGee was dominating the defensive paint - that block where he jumped up and scooped the floater out of the air at its highest point was awesome.

If we get a top 3 pick again next year and draft a top PF or SF/SG, we will be set for a while.

Wall

Arenas

Howard / Thornton

Draft Pick

McGee

Fire flip. Let Sam coach the rest of the year. If he does well, good. If not, we find someone else. I would rather go to the lottery with Sam than Flip.

Actually... This might be a very good idea. I'd kind of like Sam as head coach. He seems like a smart guy. Plus, then he can do his giant testicle dance again. :ols:

Edited by Hubbs

McGee was dominating the defensive paint - that block where he jumped up and scooped the floater out of the air at its highest point was awesome.

If we get a top 3 pick again next year and draft a top PF or SF/SG, we will be set for a while.

Wall

Arenas

Howard / Thornton

Draft Pick

McGee

Lol WTF?? Arenas won't be here much longer. Blatche will be the PF for atleast the forseeable future. If anything I say we draft a new SF to replace Howard/Thornton, although Thornton has played well recently I think its just a flash in a pan.

I hope Flip eventually gets fired so a new coach that's better with younger players and starts playing Nick Young/Trevor Booker more so we can start planning on what else we need to build around Wall.

Edited by Upark25

I think we used up a decades worth of Karma winning the lottery for Wall. Knowing our luck, we'll need about 50% of the lottery balls to get the first overall pick.

Even if we won it, who do you take? This strikes me as a year where most of the top players are going to be freshmen. Who knows if the top pick won't be another point guard or something?

I have a hard time pinning down our needs. Every time I think we could use a perimeter scorer or another big man, McGee and Blatche have good games and Thornton looks great. Then when I think we've got something great with them moving forward, they'll struggle.

What do you see being our biggest need?