Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

What message exactly ? That is bush league. 

Difference was what ? Game was lost by the half. These guys play professional ball these days...most likely won't play again until next year. 

To intentionally give a hard foul is not good coaching at this stage of the season. 

• Like 1

Turned off the game once it got out of hand.  Don't feel any type of way about the Warriors running up the score, Javale, or Draymond/Kerr triple-double chasing....all I'll say is this.  IF they fall short this year, it will be that much sweeter.  Hope someone can give them a run for their money out of the West.  They look far superior to even the 2nd best team in the league. 

They're good and they're former champions.  Desperately chasing stats should be beneath them, leave that to the OKCs and Houstons of the world.  Combine that with all of their showboating and trash talking and nut kicking plus building an absurd super team with a mercenary Durant and they're giving the Rockets and Clippers a run for their money as the least likable team in the league.  They're making LeBron James's SECOND super team likable by comparison. Jesus.

• Like 3

we haven't played a lick of defense since the all-star break. With that going on, i can't get too worked up about a clown doing clown ****.

wizards players have the refs occupying space in their heads. we don't get calls, not changing anytime soon. adjust to the reality or they'll be crying from their couches after the first round

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Gotta say, it was a punkass move by GS to leave their starters in the whole quarter, taking threes until the end.  Should have hard fouled Curry to send a message.

i never understand this thinking.

They do not owe it to the Wizards to take their starters out. They can do whatever they want, and it is up to the Wizards to stop them.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

IMO, it makes the Wizards look funny when they're complaining at the end of a blowout. 

I'm in no way saying that they would have won last night, but where's the commitment to defense? 

Gortat???  Hmmm...

This team needs to get a young big man. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Agreed.  He's a step slow defensively.  He's been swiss cheese all year. 

I really think he should be traded this offseason. 

Well, what really worries me is he is getting worse as the season goes on.

You need three stars. Wall and Beal are both stars(well Beal will be next season at the latest). But who's the third? Is it Porter? I'm not sure he'll ever be at that level. I think at best he'll be a really good and valuable role player, a better Trevor Ariza. I think if we have a shot at swinging a deal for someone like Cousins we have to think about it. The East will be ripe for the taking soon as Lebron declines.

• Like 1

For those who didn't watch the game, yes, the Warriors were trying to show us up last night.  They left their starters in to pump up their stats and embarrass our second and third stringers.  They were bombing threes up until the very end.  It was a trashy move by Steve Kerr and he knows it.  And if we had realized what they were doing in the moment, we would have told one of our guys to hammer Curry on one of his late game drives.  The reason we didn't realize what was going on and react before JaVale's final shot was disbelief that the Warriors would stoop to that level.

Anyway, Karma's a **** and their little display last night is the kind of thing that's just begging the Basketball Gods for a Steph Curry high ankle sprain.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Him + picks for Boogie?

Man, I'd jump all over that....probably would have to let Otto walk, but I'd be cool with having a big 3 of Boogie, Wall, and Beal. 

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well, what really worries me is he is getting worse as the season goes on.

Me too.  Makes me wonder what type of package the Wizards could have put together for Nurkic....