Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wizards remind me of the Vinny led Redskins of years past. They mirror each other so much.

This might sound crazy but Ernie might be worse then Vinny. I mean if Ernie doesn't luck into the #1 pick the year Wall is available what do his drafts have to show?

• Like 1

Yeah we need young cheap bigs in particular. Steven Adams has become a key contributor for OKC in the heart of the prime years for Durant and Westbrook. Those two were picked in 07 and 08. Adams was picked 6 years later in 2013. He was the 12th overall pick in a horrible draft class.

Going into Wall's 6th year, we're picking 13th in what's supposed to be a bad draft class. OKC got big value from their draft when they were in almost the exact same position that we're in right now.

Folks, it can be done.

there is one thing missing in this hopelessly optimistic scenario. Edited by BenningRoadSkin

To play devils advocate, Steven Adams does not win okc anything. And that's not to take away from Adams, because he might be my favorite player in the league not on the bullets. The team is the same as it ever was. That means Westbrook and durant run the show.

Our team right now is wall+beal. We put our chips on the table for durant, and it's looking like it failed. But it's still a superstar league, and if u don't have one u don't win the title. I'm waiting on plan b and hoping it's not Horford.

Adams doesn't. But if you replaced Adams contract with Gortats, they don't have room for Kanter. That's what drafting well does, it allows teams to be deep and talented. Who is the Wizards third big next season? Compare that player to OKCs or Golden State's.

I mean, we do only have 6 guys under contract for next year....EG has A LOT of $$ to use, which is a scary thought in itself, but this team will be completely different.  While having a draft pick at 13 would be great...that FA $ will probably be used on a good mix of veteran talent and young guys with upside. 

• Like 1

Don't see why the NBA would choose to fix it for the 6ers instead of LAL and BOS who both aremore important franchises to the lague and also have high percentage to win it randomly.

They probably already do the drawing way before the unveiling and Mutombo just had inside info he wasn't supposed to make public.

Playing along, maybe because the Sixers are in a desperate state and have been an embarrassment to the league following the Hinkie regime. The Celtics dont need the help and they still gave the Lakers the 2nd pick in a 2 player draft.

The only silver lining for me is that the trade is over and done with. We don't have to worry about some distant lack of future protection screwing us over and having that pick turn into a top three pick down the road. And also if Ted finally fires Ernie, then the new GM will get to start out with a full deck.

That's about it.

Jorge CastilloVerified account[/size]@jorgeccastillo

Jorge Castillo Retweeted gary washburn

Brogdon and Georges Niang were the 2 most impressive interviews for the #Wizards at the combine last week.

I could see them being the most impressive. Smart and high character guys with outstanding collegiate production. Brogdon will probably get drafted though.

The upside isn't huge with either, but I have no doubt that both could be rotation players for us early in their careers Brogdon is half a year older than Porter and Beal. Niang is only a couple weeks younger than Porter and is a couple weeks older than Beal. So what you see is what you get with them.

John should probably play for Team USA this summer. CP3 is injured and Curry is nursing leg injuries too plus will be coming off back to back long playoff runs. That leaves Westbrook and Wall as the two best PGs the US has left. If Wall doesn't participate out, then that'll leave the team thin at PG.

If Wall does go and play for the team, I have a bad feeling about it.

Thoughts...trade Beal to Boston for their pick and pick up Buddy Hield?

No. Stop trying to get rid of Beal. He's loaded with talent and he's very young. If ever there were a trade that would blow up in this teams face it would be getting rid of Beal.