Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Faried is a clumsy player. Going to get players hurt.

Suddenly Porter is no longer glued to a spot along the three line and is cutting to the rim without the ball again... and look at that, 14 points. Not sure why he hasn't been doing this all along, it's how he gets his buckets.

Playing with Nene instead of Gortat because of the foul trouble. Nene finds Otto. Post playmaking creates looks for him.

Otto also gets points as a transition finisher. We've had a ton of opportunities tonight because Denver keeps turning it over. I think Otto has like four or five steals already.

That was a nice fast break And 1 by Otto. Dude can handle the rock. Nice finish through contact.

Also Otto and Nene have been outstanding playing the passing lanes.

Can't believe that dude's name is Joffrey btw. That's about as bad as being named Adolf.

Otto taking over.

He and Nene have been dominant. Otto started slow, showing some confusion and hesitance. But he got aggressive and started taking that three without hesitation and getting after on defense and he ended up getting himself into a rhythm.

This one's over. Dead team walking. Another pathetic showing. Randy has completely given up and this team has been rudderless all season.

Gortat would be coming off the bench next game if I were coach. He was a ****ing disaster the last two games.

Ted's a big old ****, but there can be no longer be any excuses for not cleaning out this fetid dumpster of a front office and coaching staff this summer.

Can we throw Thornton back in the trash where we found him? Playing him half the 4th over Otto was the ballgame. Randy lost another one. This is not the first time ive seen a situation where he had the right sub pattern waiting to come in, and then a guy hits a shot and he sends them back to the bench. In this instance, Thornton hit a 3, and he put Morris and Otto back on the bench from the score table for another 3-4 min. That lost the game right there. Dudley is completely spent at this point, and Thornton, I have no words for him.

Randy Wittman... I would rather not have a coach at all, then see his face on the sidelines again. He left a completely spent Nene and Dudley in most of the 4th along with YOLO shot supernova and got embarrassed by an all-bench unit. He lost this game, like he lost last game, and many many others this year and years past. The fact that Oubre and Eddie still get no burn is just tissues in a garbage fire.

• Like 1

Yep. That did happen.

He also played Wall almost the entire second half on the second night of a back to back. In March in a grueling season where John has played every game, mostly in pain. John had zero gas in his tank down the stretch. That also lost it for us.

And Gortat's second straight little night off also lost it. I don't know what's going on in his head, but he needs a break apparently. The season is over, give him some time off to get right, because he is zero help to us like this.

If Grunfield and Wittman aren't fired at the end of this season, no one could take anything Ted says seriously ever again. There are better coaches out there that could've made the playoffs with this roster despite injuries. There are better GMs out there who actually have a long term plan to build a franchise into a championship team. Ernie just wants to make the playoffs and win moral victories.

I agree the need for a change in leadership has never been more evident.  The good new is that with all the expiring contracts a new GM and coach could immediately reshape the team as they'd prefer it.  I hope Ted does the right thing and hires a GM with vision and a coach that is more than just a placeholder.  

I'll say this as someone who loves the Wizards. If he does not fire Randy and Ernie at the conclusion of the season, I'm done. I will not watch another game whilst these two clowns run the club. Enough is enough. I simply can't take it anymore.

How is it possible that we don't know what Ernie Grunfeld's contract situation is? How can a GM/Team President for an American major revenue sports team negotiate his contract extension in secret? How can we not know if he got another extension sometime this year?

The Wizards need a strong and independent media covering the team. The franchise does its business in anonymity far too often. They're totally ignored by the national sports media, and the local beat guys at the major outlets operate far too much like mouthpieces for the franchise.

I'll say this as someone who loves the Wizards. If he does not fire Randy and Ernie at the conclusion of the season, I'm done. I will not watch another game whilst these two clowns run the club. Enough is enough. I simply can't take it anymore.

Nobody should be giving this team any revenue next year if Ernie and Randy are retained.

The GM decided to go small ball this year with a coach who has shown zero offensive creativity in his entire coaching tenure. We went into the season with 1 capable big man in Gortat, the corpse of Nene and a bunch of scrubs. 

I called it before the season. The big man situation was going to cost this team. Now they can't play defense and can't keep up on offense.

Does Ernie get fired? No. Randy probably will. They'll find a coach who "fits" Ernie's roster.