Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Mean Beal is back, pretty boy Wall is gone. Looking like last year again.

Kinda surprising we're up so much with Beal struggling and Otto not really scoring

Feel like combo of us coming correct and catching Cleveland playing poorly. What is that, like 8 turnovers for Lebron alone? I'll take it, need the confidence boost.

What the **** happened here?

Yeah I was nervous down the stretch but this appeared to be one of those game where we could do almost no wrong and their shots just weren't falling.

****in' Lebroni with that lower the shoulder and barrel toward the basket move. Totally uglies up the game. Nice handles there chosen one.

Dudley has been playing well since he got his feet under him. Sessions and Temple have quietly been having quality seasons. Humphries is a limited player, and not particularly valuable. But he's been good at what he does. And Nene is mostly a plus at back up C. Gary Neal is a total heat check play--you sit him if he's cold, play him a lot of minutes if he's hot.

I think the bench/role players have come into form. And that was evidenced by how they carried us to the win against Detroit.

Really the team has just been waiting on our top four of Wall/Beal/Otto/Gortat to perform. Kind of had a perfect storm where all four were playing like crap for a stretch. Gortat and Wall were totally disengaged and in a negative head space. Beal got hurt and has struggled since coming back. And Porter hasn't been able to find his range on his jumper and he's been getting into foul trouble a lot.

But now Gortat has been heating up for the past several games. His defense has been outstanding and he's rebounded pretty well since Wittman trashed him publicly. Wall shot poorly in the previous game, but it was the first time in a while that I thought he looked fast and confident again. And I think that carried over into this performance, plus he shot very well. Beal can't hit a three to save his life right now, but the other parts of his game are working. He was slashing and attacking very effectively last night, beating multiple defenders off the bounce. Looked really good in that third quarter.

If they keep it up, then I think the team will start clicking and make up some ground in the standings. But the way this season's gone, some sort of injury will probably screw that up.

• Like 2

I was hoping Otto would provide more consistent scoring this year. He has been productive, but he's good enough that he should never be kept in single digits as much as he has this year. We need him or Gortat to be that 3rd scorer behind Beal & Wall, especially since Wall is not really a "scorer"

Edited by StillUnknown