Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Giannis kicked his achilles on his way down. Good to see Otto stay in. Heckuva game.

Wiz follwing the Skins with a blowout victory of their own. Love it!

Otto going to the locker room early. Hopefully just precautionary.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Ya, saw Kelly do at least one matrix play towards the end of that game. Even though he missed the steal, I was still like "whoah". Great to see we can still play defense, even better watching us being able to win without Beal instead of completely collapsing offensively.

Bill Simmons's "Ewing Theory." A team is forced into sharing better and getting more players involved when they lose a star and some times you see them thrive as a result. But that kind of elevated play only lasts for so long. Temple was a good break glass in case of Beal injury player for about five games at the start of last season. That's about all I'm expecting during this stretch. Thankfully we got a ton of time off because of this quirk of scheduling so Beal is only missing a couple games despite resting for at least a full two weeks.

I have my doubts that his injury is just a shoulder contusion. I've never heard of someone needing that much time off for bruising. And when you look back at the moments after the play on which the injury occurred and see Beal's arm hanging loose at his side, it looks like he dislocated that shoulder.

Hopefully he's back on Saturday and looks healthy.

I'm also a little worried about Otto's ankle. He looked like he was in some real pain.

JMichaelCSN - Otto is fine though he left the court early. Not even in treatment room #WizardsTalk #NBA #WizBucks @CSNWizards

How long are Wizards players that are "fine" out for?  A bruised shoulder is a week, at least, so I'm thinking a player that fine will miss a game or two. 

• Like 2

Webster just had shoulder surgery and is out another six months. Why is he even still on the roster?

By keeping him on the roster, the Wizards can apply for a disabled player exception to fill his spot on the roster and sign a dude up to half his contract size which is $2.85 million.

So with that disabled player option, who do you all think Washington should go for?

My 1A would be Larry Sanders. Throw a feeler out there and see if he has any interest in playing for a bonified playoff team full of high character guys. My 1B would be the other Morris twin out in Phoenix. He's cheap, can do a bit of everything, and wont ruin our chances at Durant next year. Anyone else kind of leaves me underwhelmed.

Way back when Jackson signed that big contract and Wall joked about it, I said mark the game down. You guys laughed claiming that no one was worried about Jackson. Well, Reggie is beating Wall's ass tonight. He remembers.

Hopefully Wall can do something about it before it's too late.

Way back when Jackson signed that big contract and Wall joked about it, I said mark the game down. You guys laughed claiming that no one was worried about Jackson. Well, Reggie is beating Wall's ass tonight. He remembers.

Hopefully Wall can do something about it before it's too late.

Wall had him the first quarter, since then we've been better with Sessions on the court