Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

- Another quietly good performance from Otto. I haven't looked at his stat line, but he makes the routine good play every time. Once he finds his three ball this season his efficiency numbers are going to be crazy. I think he's already the highest IQ player on our team.

The scoring part of his stat line is awful which is surprising because watching the game I thought he looked good.  Guess neither of us were counting shots because 9 points on 4/13 shooting is turrible.  He did have 10 boards, 4 assists, and 4 steals though.  He always finds a way to contribute, there is no laziness in his game.  If his shot isn't falling he'll find something else.   

in the 2nd half, Hump showed what a real stretch 4 could open up for the team

Hump needs to start barking at people that settle for a contested mid range shot off the dribble (the absolute worst shot) when he's standing alone at the three point line.  He can shoot threes, the team has to come to terms with that, and even if he's a great giving him that shot is better than the aforementioned garbage shot.  I saw him chilling alone a lot while others tossed up some bull****. 

Another observation that many have made but I will make and pretend it's original, Wall's move where he runs screaming down the lane leaves his feet and throws it to the corner, has been figured out.  Teams are waiting for it and that particular play tends to end with Wall hitting the ground hard and a turnover.  Time to end that.  He needs to learn to keep his dribble and circle back out like Nash used to.  If a Canadian can do it, Wall can do it. 

• Like 1

The scoring part of his stat line is awful which is surprising because watching the game I thought he looked good.  Guess neither of us were counting shots because 9 points on 4/13 shooting is turrible.  He did have 10 boards, 4 assists, and 4 steals though.  He always finds a way to contribute, there is no laziness in his game.  If his shot isn't falling he'll find something else.

He was 1 for 5 from three. He's shooting like 20% from three so far. He's getting good looks, they just aren't falling yet. They will though. When they do that 9 point night will be like 18 instead.

I was very irritated seeing people cheer for Durant rather than the actual local team out on the court a few days ago. It got so bad he complained about it and said the fans should stop cheering so much for him and cheer for their own damn team. 

There was an article about this, but it was talking about the game last year and it was released hours before the game last Tuesday. Are you sure you aren't confused? 

Damn, Wall killed it down the stretch.

I really like the play of Jared Dudley tonight. He's putting in effort on D, making his rotations and pressuring ball handlers. You don't really expect that from him. And he's moving on offense and making himself available for kick outs and hockey assists. His shot looks good too.

Our role players are playing well. Outplaying theirs. Let's hope they keep it up.

Cheap shot by Middleton on Temple. That should have been his fourth foul.

Gortat looks like his hand is messed up.

Gortat is such a better rim protector than Nene. We're much better defensively with him at Center. I'm not sure we can effectively go small with Nene at C unless we have a SF with exceptional length and shot blocking ability playing at the four.