Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wittman on Wall: "I’m not BS’ing you guys. I’ve been around this game for 30 years and he’s the toughest. Toughest kid I’ve been around. "

Beal said offensive adjustments were a focus at practice. Hawks switched 1-thru-5 & blitzed ball-handler more aggressively in P&R in Game 2.

Beal said his ankle was throbbing a bit after Game 2 but he’s basically 100% now.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I remember where I was when news of Arenas' knee injury came in after the Gerald Wallace collision. This is 100x worse. We had a chance to do something special...

Well, now we'll see what this team can do. Can't go only 8-deep now. Gotta use every resource you have Randy. That means Humphries.

I may have not watched a lot during the regular season, but I truly saw things out of this team that I have never seen before out of a Wizards squad.  

With Wall we can beat anyone in the east.  Even without him I say we have a good shot because this team is legitimately deep.  I think Sessions can step up.

Sessions can do fine and fill in scoring wise but not running the team. And that's not a knock on Sessions, it just says how great Wall is. Wall can get players easy looks. Without him we have to work so much harder. Such a tough blow. Am I delusional for holding out hope that we're all overreacting and that Wall still has a chance to play?

Not to add to our collective depression... but this officially seals Wittman's return. Obviously there was a 95% chance he was back regardless of anything that happened after the first round - but now there is not even an option.

Randy + Wall we were 5-0.

Even if we get killed in the next 3 games and bad Randy comes back he has the cover of the first round + game 1 with Wall.

Sooooooooo, that's fun.

Edited by Duckus

That sucks Bullets fans. Sorry.

Good luck though. They can still get to the ECF, and possibly the NBAF.

I know a lot of you guys want to get rid of Wittman, and I don't blame you. If he makes it to the ECF...without Wall, he is staying.

I know a lot of you guys want to get rid of Wittman, and I don't blame you. If he makes it to the ECF...without Wall, he is staying.

You've probably already been asked this but which team are you a fan of?

We certainly wont get past Cleveland without Wall. The other teams arent a cakewalk either.

Wittman sealed his extension the second he swept the first round. Doesnt matter what happens next.

You've probably already been asked this but which team are you a fan of?

Lakers.

We certainly wont get past Cleveland without Wall. The other teams arent a cakewalk either.

Wittman sealed his extension the second he swept the first round. Doesnt matter what happens next.

Cleveland is not looking like world beaters right now. There is a chance. Not saying easy, but a shot.

Smh, apparently we aren't allowed to have nice things.

Really, the only thing I'm worried about is if Gooden, Pierce, or Gortat regress too much while we look to make sure we have competent role players off the bench (not Martel or Rasul, enough is enough). The reality is the Wall, Beal, Porter trio is going to be a force to be reckoned with and enough to attract certain veterans to come here because they like what they see.

Gotta find silver lining, because it ain't fair to expect us to beat the #1 seed without our best player. I'm not sure if I'd want him out there even if he's "medically cleared" to play. Is it worth it?

Edited by Renegade7