Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

ATL is indeed better than Toronto, but I think we can beat them in their current state. We need to hit FTs and cut down on the TOs, though.

At the end of the day, I simply don't think Wittman can out-coach Budenholzer. He may be working with a talent advantage so maybe that evens things out.

The Hawks have looked mediocre in the first round. They just lost to Brooklyn and could have easily lost Game 2 at home. Even Game 1 wasn't a very large margin of victory. That Hawk offense that everyone raved about in the regular season has yet to score 100 in a playoff game. It wouldn't shock me if Brooklyn pushes them to 6, maybe 7 games. They look like the Nash Suns, regular season champs but postseason chumps. We could take them. Playoffs are a different animal.

• Like 3

Regarding the crowd noise: I think the Verizon center just isnt that conducive to a loud environment. Its the architecture. After having been at The Oracle, which was clearly designed to trap noise, you can tell the difference in sound. Heck, if you are above the speakers in Verizon, you can barely hear anything. Acoustically speaking, The Phone Booth is poor. That doesnt mean people are quiet, and i think its far from that.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I think the crowd noise factor is overblown. Most big games go the same way: Crowd starts off insanely loud, then quiets down as the game goes on, as its simply impossible for ~30,000 people to be screaming non stop for 2.5 hours straight. They then get a little bit loud every once in a while when the home team goes on runs, or will go deftly quiet when the away team goes on big runs. Then late in the game they'll get loud again if the home team plays well. Its basically the same in every home game. The only difference is the peak loud factor, which hardly matters since that's usually only at the very beginning, or near the end(when the home team has the win already locked down).

This is for NBA basketball of course. College crowds(particularly certain college football crowds)are of course way different, but that's a different demographic.

We need angry Beal back tonight. He was regular season Beal in game three, and that version is just another guy. Maybe after Pierce punches Otto in the face pre game he can slap Beal around and tell him Lowry called him a punk while Derozan laughed and laughed.

• Like 1