Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team can be leading by 40 and I still wouldn't trust it.

Jordan Crawford is nasty. Dominic McGuire sucks. I had high hopes for him and I thought he'd eventually develop a decent enough offensive game to compliment his excellent rebounding and good defense. He's still garbage offensively.

Edited by No Excuses

Two #1's? From who is the other one from?

They got two #1s in exchange for Gerald Wallace. I thought both were for the upcoming draft, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the worst thing they could do is make the playoffs this year. That would set their franchise back farther than it already is. The only way that team is gonna turn it around is if they hit it big in the draft. They need for the ping pong balls to fall right, so they can land a top 5 player next year. They need a franchise player. They need a Derrek Williams, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker-type player to build around. Because, even with Jordan as the owner, no top free agents are ever gonna wanna play there.

Michael Jordan has RUINED that franchise....he has no business running a team.

That being said....I've LOVED what I've seen from the Wizards in the past 3 games. Tenacity, grit, hustle, etc....seems like "something" is starting to click with a few of the players on the squad. That's a great sign going forward.

Lol Blatche is here too stay, he didn't seem too force any thing he passed the ball a few times and he is tearing the boards up.

If Blatche and McGee keep playing good ball a few of y'all will be on suicide watch

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

I won't be on suicide watch. I'll be rigorously working the trade checker to come up with hypothetical trades that ship his lazy ass out of here.

If Blatche consistently (more or less) plays like this, its a win-win situation.

We can move him for value or keep him (my preference).

Either way, we win. :)

Michael Jordan has RUINED that franchise....he has no business running a team.

That being said....I've LOVED what I've seen from the Wizards in the past 3 games. Tenacity, grit, hustle, etc....seems like "something" is starting to click with a few of the players on the squad. That's a great sign going forward.

Actually, Bob Johnson ruined it. Jordan hasn't been nearly as awful with moves there as he was in DC. The NBA made a mistake by putting a team back there so quickly. Then Johnson didn't help matters any, by being, perhaps, the worst owner ever. Like I said, if that team is gonna get headed in the right direction, its gonna have to get lucky through the draft, with getting a high pick. But more importantly, they have to draft well. Because no big name free agents are gonna wanna sign there. Ever.

Blatche does wonders for this team's offense. He's not the most efficient big man due to his propensity and Flip's willingness to let him take 15+ foot jumpers. However, the fact that he can distribute the ball at the perimeter and facilitate the offense is HUGE. I know not everyone has agreed when I said this in the past, but I honestly believe our offense looks 10x more fluid when a healthy Blatche is playing. Let's see how he does against a team with a real front court, though.

I really hope this team takes the offseason seriously and gets their heads in the game next year. They are just oozing with under utilized talent.

Edited by MonkFan8

The Hawks gm has to be retarded. Two first round picks for Kirk Hinrich. Kirk Hinrich man. We couldn't even get a first round pick for Gilbert Arenas.
Even without the pick that trade would be REALLY lopsided in our favor if it was just Evans and Crawford for Kirk. Evans has been a really great veteran presence and stepped up to the plate with all our injuries. The first is just serious icing on the cake.

Even without the pick that trade would be REALLY lopsided in our favor if it was just Evans and Crawford for Kirk. Evans has been a really great veteran presence and stepped up to the plate with all our injuries. The first is just serious icing on the cake.

not to mention we dropped like 6 million in salary for next year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/653576-report-harrison-barnes-to-return-for-sophomore-year-at-north-carolina

Harrison Barnes to Return for Sophomore Year at North Carolina

By Drew Laskey (Contributor)

April 3, 2011 - Chapel Hill

According to Marty Tirrell's Twitter, Harrison Barnes will be returning to the North Carolina Tar Heels for his sophomore season. Tirrell was the first to break the news during Barnes' senior year of high school that Barnes would be committing to UNC. Tirrell says Barnes will make the official announcement on Tuesday.

Tirrell hosts "The Mouth of the Midwest" radio show in Iowa that airs on ESPN 1700 and KCCI News Channel 8.

More news as it develops.

^^ If Barnes is coming back, you have to think that Henson is as well. And I know Marshall probably will. Probably a pretty good move, imo. Barnes came on over the course of the season. But he could use one more year in college to refine his game. And with the guys coming back, they will probably be a favorite to win it all next year.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

I think Irving could probably use another year, too. But if he has a chance to possibly go #1, I can't see him turning that away. And he's probably more NBA-ready than Barnes. And the kid from Arizona is definitely ready. What a beast.