Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Meh, these games happen over 82 games. Second game of a back to back, coming off a very hard fought game the night before, facing a team that has always given us problems, and one of the few teams that has a legitimate elite head coach in Carlisle=the recipe for a blowout.

• Like 1

A lot of wizards fans on bullets forever and here are talking about replacing Miller.  Remember the long long long line of back up PGs that didn't work out.  Upgrading Miller would be nice but Wittmans offense demands a starting caliber point guard to run it.  Miller is old but he's an old GREAT player.  Mediocre guards, athletic or not, will simply not work here.  Even the ones that work well somewhere else will simply fall on their faces here. 

Edited by Destino

Miller is a great player. I don't want to replace him. He's still got gane in him and can certainly keep teaching wall post moves. That said, There are teams he just doesn't match up well with. Typically hyper athletic ones, and ones with a smart defending big. I could live with that. Just need a different strategy. One that I don't think randy has in his back pocket unfortunately.

Can't even get mad about that weak ass foul call on Beal

​Uh, Steve, I can't even find your post from recent past concerning your girlfriend and musical themed movies. 

I really tried to search but found nothing but frustration. "i drunk."

Anyway .

Kind of like the year I went to Key West for New Years and candy-flipped on E and onto acid ...  I recommend "Les Girls," as a musical movie to watch with your girl.

If you don;t get laid, there's something wrong.

Guaranteed to work. Gene Kelly is money., 

​Uh, Steve, I can't even find your post from recent past concerning your girlfriend and musical themed movies. 

I really tried to search but found nothing but frustration. "i drunk."

Anyway .

Kind of like the year I went to Key West for New Years and candy-flipped on E and onto acid ...  I recommend "Les Girls," as a musical movie to watch with your girl.

If you don;t get laid, there's something wrong.

Guaranteed to work. Gene Kelly is money., 

Getting 2015 started with a bang!

I like Miller but when I watch him play It seems he is slower then last year, and often barely gets his passes and shots off.

Lot of skill there which is why he can sometimes make some good plays.    Hard to know whether or not he will be able to turn it up for the postseason again this year.

• Like 1

Watching a replay of the Knicks/Kings game from last week. Cousins is just straight beasting it up. Knicks are on their third center as the first two fouled out trying to guard him (and God bless him, he's hitting his free throws). Wonder....will there be a real, significant Cousins or Durant free agency debate in the 2016 offseason?

Watching a replay of the Knicks/Kings game from last week. Cousins is just straight beasting it up. Knicks are on their third center as the first two fouled out trying to guard him (and God bless him, he's hitting his free throws). Wonder....will there be a real, significant Cousins or Durant free agency debate in the 2016 offseason?

Gortat's deal might impede that more than anything. Gotta imagine Wall would lobby like hell for Boogie.

Cousins signed a four year extension so he doesn't get to FA until the summer of 2018. It really hurt his chances of playing with Wall. Who knows where each team will be in three more offseasons?

Wait, are you talking about trading for Cousins?

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/ty-lawson-kd-dc-ive-talked-him-about-it

Ty Lawson on KD-to-DC: 'I've talked to him about it'

Ty Lawson certainly thought about it. Lawson knows Kevin Durant has as well.

It being the idea of returning home for work. Not just for visits, but as primary residency. Home being the greater D.C. area for both NBA standouts. Work being employed by the Washington Wizards.

The point guard has a good thing going with the Denver Nuggets and is two seasons into a four-year extension. In addition, the Wizards are all good at Lawson's position thanks to John Wall. 

It's rather clear that a welcome mat will exist in Chinatown for Durant in 2016. Whether the reigning NBA scoring champion wants to set up shop where truly everybody knows his name, we'll see.

Lawson, who grew up playing basketball with Durant in the Maryland suburbs, has a good idea of the Oklahoma City Thunder star's thinking. The Clinton, Maryland native knows we want to know. He also knows better than to break confidences.

"I've talked to him about it, but I probably can't tell you what he said," Lawson laughingly told CSNwashington.com when the Nuggets visited last month.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Can't see Lawson having much of an opportunity here while he remains a good starting caliber PG. Maybe much later in his career when he's a back up.

With Leonard and Parker out, we have a legit chance at winning that game. And we've got a legit chance at beating both OKC and New Orleans. Imagine going 4-1 on this road trip?

OKC is kind of scary right now, but we've matched up very favorably against them the past three years. I like our chances for keeping Westbrook from getting comfortable. And if we can get Adams in early foul trouble, we can really exploit our size advantage up front.

Beal being out definitely hurts. Hopefully Martell and Butler can find their stroke.

Actually NM, Beal says he's going to play. That's good news.