Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

My earliest memories of the Bullets are Pervis, Eckles, Harvey Grant, Michael Adams, Rex Chapman, vague memories of Bernard King and I think Ralph Sampson was on a team somewhere in there. For like a year. I just remember my dad talking to me about him.

Anyways, good times. Clearly my expectations are always set too high when I grew up with beast teams like that.

Not a big fan of Crawford. Certainly worth a shot trading for him, but he looks like Gilbert Arenas super-light. Bad shot selection, high volume player with sub-par defense. When he's hot he gives the appearance of a good player, but I don't see it. I guess that's a problem with the majority of players on this team, though.

Somebody please step out on Kaman's bald ass
Chris Kaman is the type of center (Brad Miller, Big Z, etc.) I always wished this team had when we were competing with Gil, Antawn and Caron. They desperately needed a center that could hit a jump shot and facilitate the offense.

It amuses me watching McGee have no idea where to begin when defending a player like Kaman.

Chris Kaman is the type of center (Brad Miller, Big Z, etc.) I always wished this team had when we were competing with Gil, Antawn and Caron. They desperately needed a center that could hit a jump shot and facilitate the offense.

It amuses me watching McGee have no idea where to begin when defending a player like Kaman.

Oh yeah

Brad Miller is on the trading block every year

He woulda helped in all of those series versus the LeBrons

Plus he was a badass in the post

McGee cannot comprehend the concept that centers can move out of the post So he stays there the whole time waiting for a hi light block

What do you all think about going after Marcus Thorton this offseason....he has been lightin' up since he got to Sac town and he will be a free agent this summer. Also, does anyone know why OJ Mayo was on the trade block this year? Does he have character issues? I'd be happy to trade Dray Blatche and the pick we got from the Hawks for Mayo. I doubt that would be enough to get it done for the former #3 overall....but who knows.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2011 at 11:49 PM ----------

Not a big fan of Crawford. Certainly worth a shot trading for him, but he looks like Gilbert Arenas super-light. Bad shot selection, high volume player with sub-par defense. When he's hot he gives the appearance of a good player, but I don't see it. I guess that's a problem with the majority of players on this team, though.

I hear you on the shot selection and lack of defense, but he is a rookie...and I can almost guarantee you Flip is just telling him to go out there and play. I definitely think Crawford has a future in this league as a 6th man (scoring off the bench)

Guy on ESPN compared crawford to Jason Terry, which I think would be a very good situation for us in the long run if he could develop into that type of player.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2011 at 11:50 PM ----------

I hear you on the shot selection and lack of defense, but he is a rookie...and I can almost guarantee you Flip is just telling him to go out there and play. I definitely think Crawford has a future in this league as a 6th man (scoring off the bench)

Guy on ESPN compared crawford to Jason Terry, which I think would be a very good situation for us in the long run if he could develop into that type of player.

Yeah it's character concerns GB. He decided to go complete retard this year. Plus he's slipped the last two years after a very strong rookie season. IIRC they were gonna give him straight up for Hansborough. Not sure they'd take Blatche though since they're talking long term extension with Randolph.

Plus Mayo is another undersized, tweener type of guy.

Sarcasm my friend.

You wanna know my true expectations? I'll probably be dead in 30 years. Max. I don't expect to see one Wizards championship before then.

LOL I feel fortunate to have witnessed Redskins, Bullets, and Orioles championships in my lifetime :)

No doubt, I'll give him credit for stepping in when he's so young and hardly got any run in ATL. I do think the Terry comparison is pretty good in terms of their ability to fill it up off the bench, but Terry is a fairly high IQ player. Just gotta hope Crawford develops that.

Lucky ****. At least I got the Skins SB though.

I honestly think that outside the Caps, of the three other DC teams, the one with who's gonna get the next championship is the Nats. I've given up on the Skins and the Wizards are the Wizards. I'll always follow them though.

Yeah it's character concerns GB. He decided to go complete retard this year. Plus he's slipped the last two years after a very strong rookie season. IIRC they were gonna give him straight up for Hansborough. Not sure they'd take Blatche though since they're talking long term extension with Randolph.

scratch that on Mayo then....we need to get rid of our character issues as it is. I think we definitely need to get rid Flip and/or Blatche this offseason....if both of those guys are back next year I'm going to be furious...it obviously isn't going to work out.

I'm definitely on the Marcus Thorton bandwagon though.

and count me in for Harrison Barnes in the draft

---------- Post added March-24th-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

scratch that on Mayo then....we need to get rid of our character issues as it is. I think we definitely need to get rid Flip and/or Blatche this offseason....if both of those guys are back next year I'm going to be furious...it obviously isn't going to work out.

I'm definitely on the Marcus Thorton bandwagon though.

and count me in for Harrison Barnes in the draft

---------- Post added March-24th-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

damn double posts

---------- Post added March-24th-2011 at 12:10 AM ----------

I honestly think that outside the Caps, of the three other DC teams, the one with who's gonna get the next championship is the Nats. I've given up on the Skins and the Wizards are the Wizards. I'll always follow them though.

I think the Wizards actually have the second best chance.....you can completely rebuild a team in just a few years in the NBA and we already have one major super star on the roster.....if we can get lucky and draft a second this year in the draft (although it looks weak) we could surround those two guys with role players the next couple years and be a contender in 3 or 4.

I'm convinced the skins will never change while Danny is still the owner and I don't know enough about baseball to comment on the nats.

Of all the major sports, I think the NBA then the NHL are the toughest.

Hopefully the Caps bring it home.

I think the Wizards actually have the second best chance.....you can completely rebuild a team in just a few years in the NBA and we already have one major super star on the roster.....if we can get lucky and draft a second this year in the draft (although it looks weak) we could surround those two guys with role players the next couple years and be a contender in 3 or 4.

I'm convinced the skins will never change while Danny is still the owner and I don't know enough about baseball to comment on the nats.

In the NBA you need one of the top 5 players in the league. I think the wizards have the least chance of every team.

In the NBA you need one of the top 5 players in the league. I think the wizards have the least chance of every team.

I disagree that you need a top 5 player in the league.....the Pistons proved you can win a championship with a strong defensive team. But....besides that it has pretty much been two super starts on championship teams.

I guess you don't think Wall will be a top 5 player in the league in 3 or 4 years.....I have no doubt that he will be a top 5 player and actually think he could be the best. He has the physical tools, speed, and basketball IQ to be unstoppable.....and he is having a great rookie year considering the players and coaches he has had to work with. You give Wall a legit scoring threat on the wing and down low and I think he could be a 20-15 guy.

Look at all the great point guards in the league.....Wall has had a better rookie year than all of them. None of the elite PGs in the league could shoot worth a **** their first year (and that is John's main criticism). He is averaging almost 9 assists per game playing with guys like Dray Blatche, Nick Young, and Javale McGee....if we can actually get some high character, consistent, good players around him....he will pick everyone apart.

Of all the major sports, I think the NBA then the NHL are the toughest.

Hopefully the Caps bring it home.

I'm not a hockey fan at all. But I swear to God about two weeks ago I had a dream they won the Cup. And a week before that some way, somehow (I have no idea), a Caps wallpaper ended up on my phone. Then they went on their winning streak. I'm taking those as signs. I think they got it this year. And while I refuse to jump on a bandwagon, it would be beautiful to see a DC team get a championship. Finally.

Wizards are +10 tonight with Booker in the game.....Ernie really hit the jackpot this year with the draft picks and trades.

I might actually stay up to watch the end of this game to see if John can get to 30-10

Yup. I love all three 1sts.

I think Wall is gonna be the best PG in the league. Does that mean top 5 player? I don't know.

And that's not necessarily true either. See the Pistons.