Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Porter should play over Harrington too. Harrington has been getting to the FT line and the basket. But his shot is an absolute mess right now. Some of the worst 3 pt shooting I've seen in a while. And he's a minus defensively. I like his attitude but he doesn't have his range yet at all.

John is shooting the three ball a lot better than everyone else on the bench lately, including Webster...

Could it be that Wittman was smart ...

Don't get ahead of yourself man!! Although regardless of the circumstances, I am really glad Otto is seeing the floor a little bit. He didn't look great but didn't look awful either for a guy who hasn't sniffed more than 45 seconds of playing time all season.

I hate watching us play the Grizzlies because even when you play well (which I don't think we played great for most of the game but we played well enough to beat a lot of teams), they can overcome a lot. Gasol and Randolph are great, tough players. It's unlikely both will be off their games, and on top of that we had to deal with Mike Conley who was a pain. And then on top of it, the usual Wizards bench powerup was used by Tayshaun Prince who just couldn't stop making clutch plays for most of the game.

I was impressed with Booker's defense though. He played tough against a very tough match-up and I'd rather us lose this game than any of games coming up that we SHOULD win. Just had a nice win streak and hopefully we can start up another one tomorrow night!

• Like 1

Porter should play over Singleton. Singleton might be the worst offensive player in the league.

While I generally agree, I suspect Chris is getting the minutes due to the lack of defense with Nene and Seraphin out.

The only reason Singleton is playing is because he plays PF and we're pretty desperate there. All of our bench bigs are basically new to the lineups this season. Harrington missed about 50 games and Singleton sat for that long. Ves gone. Seraphin hurt. We're desperate. The defense has been very bad. We went from going two true big lineups about 99% of the time to tiny lineups with 6'8 players at PF and C in the span of about two days.

For who asked me why I thought of the Georgetown players as soft, really, it's more of their time at Georgetown than anything. Just forever hearing about them, forever waiting for them to blow up, and it just never happened. Not for Green, not for Monroe, not for Porter. Probably has more to do with JTIII than anything (like the joke goes, the only person to ever stop Jordan was Dean Smith) but nothing in their NBA careers has really made me think anymore highly of them.

For who asked me why I thought of the Georgetown players as soft, really, it's more of their time at Georgetown than anything. Just forever hearing about them, forever waiting for them to blow up, and it just never happened. Not for Green, not for Monroe, not for Porter. Probably has more to do with JTIII than anything (like the joke goes, the only person to ever stop Jordan was Dean Smith) but nothing in their NBA careers has really made me think anymore highly of them.

outside of Monroe, none of the JT3 "stars" were ever blue chip recruits.
  • Like 1

Lol, goddamn. ACW just texted me that he's at the game tonight. I haven't heard from dude in about 2 years. **** I wish Gator Bait still posted here. There's a classic story about all three of us (and Co.) at a game a few years back. I'd share it myself but as I was one of the leading actors in said cluster**** (and GB--Ryan, also my ex-roommate before I got laid off and he left for Cali (we had a sick little sport in Arlington)--was kind of enough on the outside looking in to tell it better than I can.)

You know, I've always appreciated the mods here (especially after experiencing being a mod myself for a bit on another board) but I can't lie, I think they went a bit overboard with banning folks. Really took a lot of the humor and life out of the board in my opinion. Just my opinion and not trying to start ****. Just 5 years ago, there were probably a few dozen websites I checked daily. That number is now down to three and ES is one of them. So I still love it here and still greatly appreciate and even admire the mods. I just miss some folks is all. A one-time blanket amnesty might be cool (maybe if the Skins ever win the SB, that be something in response?)

maybe I just feel this way because all the people banned seemed to be all the people who were down to meet up and hit games. I mean would anyone here be down to do that? If not for a Wizards game (not many remaining and Def can get a little pricey, then at least hit one of the many Nats games for cheap?)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wonder if we could sign Ariza and trade Webster?

THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout! All season everyone has assumed Trevor is gone or if he stays we're mediocre. What? He's our "next level!" Pay that gift horse!

• Like 1