Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm glad Witt rested Martell and went with Otto tonight. It was good to see Otto get into the game, play meaningful minutes, and hit some shots.

Webster had been so ineffective and I don't think he's been healthy for a while. He needs the rest.

You never know what you're going to get from a 20 year old night to night. But Porter should definitely play until Webster's back gets better. And if he plays well, then he deserves a chance. Play him at SG if need be. Go small and play him at PF. The lineups are so makeshift right now anyway. You've got Harrington struggling big time to find his shot. You've got Singleton playing all over the place. You've got Booker giving you inconsistent effort depending on the night. You've got Drew Gooden just trying to stay in the league. And you've got Andre Miller trying to figure out his new team. We're scraping the end of the bench already, give Porter a chance. He's the third most important player on this team long term.

• Like 1

Could it be that Wittman was smart to keep the young players fresh all season? We'll see.

Loved seeing Porter hit that late 3. Booker had a tough assignment tonight but he played well. We really need Seraphin back but at least we're getting deeper by the game. I didn't expect to beat Memphis so I was happy with the late effort and of course, JW was awesome again. 

We're getting better. I really want to leapfrog Chicago.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

Brooklyn beat Chicago tonight.

The starters played well. Beal was fantastic on offense in the second half. Marcin was fantastic in the first half. Ariza and Booker both played very well although Prince got away from us. He should not have gone off like he did.

And Wall was a stud, but a few inopportune errors ended up being really costly in the third quarter.

But the real issue looks like the disparity in bench production. Memphis's bench is impressive and they badly outplayed our bench. Except for Porter. Porter gave us quality minutes. But their bench outscored ours by 20 points.

I'm glad Witt rested Martell and went with Otto tonight. It was good to see Otto get into the game, play meaningful minutes, and hit some shots.

Webster had been so ineffective and I don't think he's been healthy for a while. He needs the rest.

But Witt didnt go with Otto tonight. He went with Singleton. It wasnt until Singleton played himself off the roster this year, that Otto saw any playing time. Seriously, why did Singleton play the 3 over Otto tonight? Makes no sense whatsoever.