Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Add Chicago to the teams that I want the Wizards to have no parts of playing in the first round of the playoffs.  Our best bet is to either finish as the 3 seed, or as the 4, where we would play Toronto as the 5th seed. 

Chicago is going to be an EXTREMELY tough out when the playoffs roll around. 

Joakim Noah is easily the most well-rounded 5 in the NBA. 

Add Chicago to the teams that I want the Wizards to have no parts of playing in the first round of the playoffs.  Our best bet is to either finish as the 3 seed, or as the 4, where we would play Toronto as the 5th seed. 

Chicago is going to be an EXTREMELY tough out when the playoffs roll around. 

Joakim Noah is easily the most well-rounded 5 in the NBA. 

I wouldn't mind Chicago actually. 

Our athleticism/shooting ability bothers them....and that quote is coming from Bulls players themselves.

In talking to Bulls fans, the consensus is that they'd prefer to avoid us.

I guess being winless against the Wizards has something to do with that.

Right now all I worry about is staying away from the 7th and 8th seeds. Everything else is manageable. Of course you want Nene back for anything. But I think if he comes back healthy and they can stay in the middle somewhere....they could be dangerous. Doesn't mean they even win a series. Just means they aren't overmatched.

I'd rather play Chicago than Toronto in the playoffs. Chicago is maxed out. They're getting the absolute most out of their roster, but they do not have as much talent as us this season. We took their best shots and beat them.

We've got the size to match up with Chicago and the speed to match up with Toronto. We'll have the best player in either series. I think we've got a decent chance against anyone in the first round so long as we don't finish 7 or 8.

• Like 1

I really hope the team makes Ariza a priority and re-signs him.

He's a good player. If they do look to re-sign him, shouldn't they look to flip Porter before they kill his value? We'd clearly be selling low, but Porter could be part of a nice package that brings back a useful piece.

Ariza is going to be too expensive to extend. He's having a career year, playing for his last big contract. He's a three and D wing and we've already got Webster and Porter.

Unless he's traded almost immediately, signing Ariza is tantamount to throwing away Porter.

We shouldn't be getting outscored in fastbreak points by Memphis.

We should look into trading Webster. Then keeping Ariza would make sense but we can't have both.

I don't see Webster having a ton of value this summer. Maybe you can get an expiring for him but I just don't see a market.

I think we're going to have to let Ariza walk and make a leap of faith with Webster starting next year and Porter assuming a spot in the rotation.

We can use the money we save from letting Ariza walk to go after a legit stretch 4. Need someone better than Harrington, who doesn't have a respectable 3 ball. I like Patrick Patterson. Making a trade for Ersan Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson also makes sense.

We need Beal to get into this game.

Porter!

Porter getting minutes at SG.

This isn't the worst place to be after the first half.

Wall, Ariza, and Gortat have been terrific. Booker made some timely shots. But without getting stops, we need Beal to score and we need the bench to hold their own when they sub in.

Memphis's bench is impressive. Miller, Allen, Koufos, Johnson, Davis, and Calathes is a pretty good group to choose from.