Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I really hope that Porter makes the same strides in his development in his 2nd year like Tayshaun Prince did.  This team can't afford to have another top-10 pick ending up being a bust. 

Next year, they have to do everything possible to trade Nene. 

Tayshaun Prince had a first year.  

I know Nene is getting up there but I really believe the minute he leaves we get a lot dumber as a team.  :(

Seriously. Can't name many I've seen who had absolutely zero skills the way he did. One of the worst top 10 picks in NBA history. If anyone needed any evidence that our FO is comprised of morons, this pick would do it.

I think what makes it so much worse is how far in advanced they decided on Vesely. It was telegraphed that he was our pick about a month before the draft.

I think what makes it so much worse is how far in advanced they decided on Vesely. It was telegraphed that he was our pick about a month before the draft.

Grunfeld seems to do that. Maybe it's because he's lazy? He signed Maynor the first afternoon of FA, wouldn't even give Kendall Marshall a look.

We invited people from the Czech embassy to the VC to watch Jan get selected. What that tells me is if Jonas V had slid past Toronto, we still would have picked Vesely.

Not sure if FO is just lazy or THAT incompetent.

• Like 1

Yeah, but to be fair Miller is not Mitch either at this stage.

lol, dude just give up on the comparison. As I've said, I love Jan as a person. I've never liked a bust more. But trust me man, we're not losing anything. At least Pecherov could shoot the ball. All Jan can do, literally all he can do, is jump high, set picks and tip loose balls. That's it.

lol, dude just give up on the comparison. As I've said, I love Jan as a person. I've never liked a bust more. But trust me man, we're not losing anything. At least Pecherov could shoot the ball. All Jan can do, literally all he can do, is jump high, set picks and tip loose balls. That's it.

Im with you man, im going to miss Jan. I wish he couldve gotten more playing time to be honest.

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/20/nba-trade-deadline-winners-losers-2014/

NBA trade deadline: Winners and losers

Wizards: Washington’s hole behind John Wall at point guard has been a crater for years. Eric Maynor looked like a reasonable stopgap signing last summer but he simply underwhelmed this season, leading coach Randy Wittman to ride his All-Star point guard for 37 minutes a night.Unloading Maynor and Jan Vesely in a three-team trade to acquire Andre Miller, then, is a move that brings some real promise. Yes, Miller is 37 years old and, yes, he was kept away from the Nuggets after a recent run-in with first-year coach Brian Shaw. But this is a durable, reliable floor general who is capable of scoring a little bit and acting as a distributor, depending on what’s asked of him. The big cost of this deal wasn’t anything that the Wizards sent out, but rather the $4.6 million owed to Miller next season. While that’s pretty spendy for a reserve point guard, Washington can swallow the price as Miller’s addition should help its push to make the playoffs for the first time since 2008. Washington is fifth in the East, but there’s plenty of potential for movement either up or down over the next two months. Miller will hopefully arrive in the nation’s capital excited by the prospect of playing for a team with a chance to go places, an opportunity that wasn’t available to him in Denver.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Glen Davis just got bought out by the magic. Would be nice if the wizards had a way to add him but they don't. I think he'd be much better depth than Booker or Harrington.

Capped out as a barely .500 team in a terrible conference with one of the oldest

NBA rosters. We are really going all in for a first round exit.

Capped out as a barely .500 team in a terrible conference with one of the oldest

NBA rosters. We are really going all in for a first round exit.

Ill wait and see how Randy adjusts his rotations. If anything, Andre can mitigate Wittmanjava off the bench. If we can average even a +/- 0 from the bench from here on out, that is a HUGE improvement.

• Like 1

I don't.

Particularly as it pertains to Booker.

Trevor is shooting 55% from the field compared to Glen's 45%.

Booker is also playing less minutes than Davis. Its a bit hard to compare. Dude plays a good 30 min per game so his numbers are a bit higher. If i had to choose, i would say Big Baby because he is better at rebounding, steals, and assists. Seraphin is our scoring big off the bench. Booker should* be more of a put back guy. If Davis was brought in here, i would say he is an upgrade over Booker if he were to do just that. But i dont see it happening.

Ill wait and see how Randy adjusts his rotations. If anything, Andre can mitigate Wittmanjava off the bench. If we can average even a +/- 0 from the bench from here on out, that is a HUGE improvement.

50/50 chance that Wittman gets a look at Miller's defense and still plays Temple over him.