Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I hope All star weekend doesn't screw up our momentum. I'm starting to get use to this winning thing.

Totally agree.  I was thinking the same thing last night.  We are hitting the All Star break at a bad time.  

Monster 3rd quarter for the Wizards last night and tough D all game.  Really proud of those guys.

Winning team even for a minute feels good.   

Edited by Rocky21

I don't even know if the salaries would work OR if this even makes sense for the Wizards...but do any of you think the Bulls would be willing to part with Noah in a package for Gortat/Ariza?

The team is playing well, the last thing they need to do is move one of the pieces. Ariza is far too good of a defender to deal away and it's been ages since they've had a center like Gortat. Just leave it alone and see where it goes.

The team is playing well, the last thing they need to do is move one of the pieces. Ariza is far too good of a defender to deal away and it's been ages since they've had a center like Gortat. Just leave it alone and see where it goes.

But to have the opportunity to get a guy like Greg Monroe? I dont think we should pass that up. Im not saying give up the house for him, but Gortat/Nene and Ariza/Webster for Monroe, i would do.

If it doesn't cripple our cap too much going forward, I don't see why you'd be against brining in Noah at the expense of Gortat/Ariza.  I'm sure there would be other pieces in the deal to make it work. 

But to have the opportunity to get a guy like Greg Monroe? I dont think we should pass that up. Im not saying give up the house for him, but Gortat/Nene and Ariza/Webster for Monroe, i would do.

I dont know man, but Ariza & Webster arent flashy names, but they are a BIG part of our scoring output. a HUGE reason we are one of the top 3 point shooting teams in the league. And giving up two solid big men in Nene & Gortat for Monroe. I'd be a lil hesitant to pull the trigger on either of the trades.

Im not afraid to roll the dice. But would Greg Monroe be worth it to completely change up what we having going here. We play a certain style of basketball. Just sayin.....

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

Memo to Wizards:  Please do not consider trading Ariza... that is all and thank you.

A few things make me worried about holding on to ariza

1.  It's a contract year

2.  His age

3.  Logjam @ the 3

All that being said, his stock will NEVER be higher than what it is right now.  Never.  I'd be exploring all options if I was EG. 

1.  It's a contract year

2.  His age

3.  Logjam @ the 3

All that being said, his stock will NEVER be higher than what it is right now.  Never.  I'd be exploring all options if I was EG. 

As much as I dont want us to move Ariza, I understand this is a business. If we have to trade him, get some damn value back for him. Dont trade him for a dam ham sandwich.

1.  It's a contract year

2.  His age

3.  Logjam @ the 3

I have no problem with anything you said.

I still would not trade him though.  The chemistry that this team has right now is absolutely insane and that is at the fortune of our very own All-star in Wall.  There are not that many teams in the league right now with Wall's potential nor his propensity to break down the open floor to give his teammates open looks. 

I think Ariza will be very mindful this offseason... EG should make no moves just yet especially with how Wittman's loves to rotate his players in and out of the line-ups...

Edited by WhoRUSupposed2Be
  • Like 1

I have no problem with anything you said.

I still would not trade him though.  The chemistry that this team has right now is absolutely insane and that is at the fortune of our very own All-star in Wall.  There are not that many teams in the league right now with Wall's potential nor his propensity to break down the open floor to give his teammates open looks. 

I think Ariza will be very mindful this offseason... EG should make no moves just yet especially with how Wittman's loves to rotate his players in and out of the line-ups...

Oh, no doubt...the chemistry is AMAZING right now.  However, like it was pointed out on BF, when we acquired Ariza, no one imagined that he'd be this good.  A smart GM would try to maximize his return when he has a "hot" asset.  We have one.  Ariza could be looked at as a missing piece to a team actually contending.  Like I said, his value will never be higher.  Yes, we could let him walk and reap the benefits of the expiring contract, but he could net a return that would make this team even better in the long run. 

I'm all for moving him if we can add a nice defensive big and a piece or two to bolster our bench. 

• Like 1

I think you trade Ariza if it brings back a good player the team needs that is at least as good as Ariza is right now. Other than that, you have to keep him. Him and Gortat for Monroe would be great as an example... It won't happen but that's an example.

If it doesn't cripple our cap too much going forward, I don't see why you'd be against brining in Noah at the expense of Gortat/Ariza.  I'm sure there would be other pieces in the deal to make it work.

I'm not a fan of Noah, never have been. If you can get Monroe that's one thing but if it's Gortat/Ariza for Noah than I have no interest.

I'm not a fan of Noah, never have been. If you can get Monroe that's one thing but if it's Gortat/Ariza for Noah than I have no interest.

To each his own, but I think that Noah is a FAR superior player to Monroe.  He can chip in on offense and he's really good on defense. 

I don't even know if the salaries would work OR if this even makes sense for the Wizards...but do any of you think the Bulls would be willing to part with Noah in a package for Gortat/Ariza? 

Yeah I would love to make that deal for Noah.  But it'd take Chicago truly committing to tanking and rebuilding for Noah to become available.  He's their guy.

Noah is one of the best players in the conference.  If we got him, I think that changes our ceiling to a legit third horse.  Still wouldn't be able to beat Indy or Miami this year probably.  But we could scare them.  And we could pass Toronto and Atlanta and separate ourselves from them and hopefully get that third seed.

A Nene/Noah front court would be a little injury prone but they would go together very well and be able to match up against almost anyone.

I think you trade Ariza if it brings back a good player the team needs that is at least as good as Ariza is right now. Other than that, you have to keep him. Him and Gortat for Monroe would be great as an example... It won't happen but that's an example.

The issue with trading for Monroe is that he's worth a lot more than his current contract and Detroit's other contracts are awkward for use as trade ballast.  We don't really have the right pieces to make a direct trade with Detroit.

I like Noah a lot more than I like Monroe.  Noah is an AS true C and a DPOY candidate.  Plus he brings a lot of good leadership qualities to the table.  He's the heart and motor of a Chicago team that has about the same record as us despite the fact they don't have a ton of good players.  If you brought him in, you'd transform our D from a little better than average to one of the best defenses in the league IMO.

Monroe isn't as good as Noah.  The only big thing he's got over Noah is age.  But if you bring him in as the C, the team defense isn't going to be very good.

Monroe is all about potential. He might develop into max worthy player that can make an impact in both sides of the floor. Mostly on offense.

Noah is an allstar right now because of his defense and rebounding. There is no maybe with Noah, the guy is a difference maker.

If the wizards could get either without trading away more picks without giving up too much that would be great. Noah would make the team better than Monroe immediately.

No, they definitely would not.  I think they'd hang up the phone immediately.

That is a really interesting idea...or are the Bulls planning to build around Rose/Noah/Butler?

Yes.  Noah, Rose, Butler are in their long term plans.

I'd love to hear your reasons for this.  Noah is playing really well, he's leading all bigs in assists (I think) for the 2nd season in a row.  2nd straight season with at least 4 assists per game.

Gortat+Otto for Sanders is the trade I'd explore. Sanders is an elite defensive center, and can rebound damn well too. In fact he might be the 2nd best defensive center in the NBA after hibbert. Getting sanders paired next to Wall would be ideal...we'd lose some offensive firepower as Gortat can hit a jumper, but our defense would be taken to another level. Plus Sanders in only 25 and isn't making max money. Monroe at max money is bad value for essentially Jamison level defense. 

• Like 1