Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah that's game. Good try. 2-2 road trip is still good, although could have easily been 4-0. This team is sooooo close to being legit really good. I still think we have a significant handicap in our coach, and we need some better veteran presence off the bench. We have a bunch of nothings off the bench save for Webster.

Not that it makes a difference, but Reddick fouled Beal on that jumper.

Losing another winnable game hurts.

Have to be a different team at home starting in February but the schedule is just goddamn brutal coming up.

58.8% from the line. 13.6% from three. That sucked.

I DVR'd the game but it sounds as if the game is not even worth watching especially with those percentages.

****ing Jamal Crawford!  Please go away.

Yeah 2-2 on a west coast road trip ain't bad and we're still in a good place overall playoff wise but you knew we weren't going over .500 on the second night of a back to back.  

We've actually been pretty good on the 2nd game of a back to back this season.

This team is doing everything in its power to stay right at .500 this year.

Edited by StillUnknown

I DVR'd the game but it sounds as if the game is not even worth watching especially with those percentages.

It was entertaining but frustrating. The FT discrepancy was back breaking, we couldn't get calls, we couldn't hit a three pointer even though we got so many open looks. And we missed FTs and key shots down the stretch while the Clippers made theirs. It just wasn't our night and there wasn't a ton we could do about it. Our team looked gassed.

When Jamal Crawford hits two threes from well over 30 feet as time expires, it's a clear sign the Basketball Gods are against you that night.

Hopefully we can take advantage of some sort of mismatch in the next three games. OKC is hot as hell right now, I'm not expecting much there. But Portland has been slumping lately, and San Antonio is a little banged up having just lost Kawhi Leonard and Manu.

Of course San Antonio could probably outwit us and kick our butts with their third stringers.

Nevertheless, we've got to steal at least one win in the upcoming three. Or else 4 games below .500 is going to be brutal in a conference where the New York teams are figuring it out and Chicago and Atlanta just won't lose.

I wasn't a fan of Wittman's decision to start Hack-A-DJ at the end of the game. The Wizards were playing really good defense the 2nd half to get back into the game, it killed all the flow both offensively and defensively. I understand it might have been the right percentage play, but it also showed that Wittman had no trust in his guys to continue to get stops.

This was posted in the Russel Wilson vs Nick Foles thread....  :huh:

This guy hates me  :lol:

Don't take it personal. Bubble Screen hates life.

I just invited him in here. Can't wait to hear this. If anything, Wall might be the most underrated player in the league.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I can't believe Joe Johnson got selected as a reserve. He was undeserving. Bosh, Noah, Hibbert, and Wall were all clearly deserving. Millsap probably was too. And it was a toss up between DeRozan and Lowry for who would get to go. But Joe Johnson shouldn't have gotten the nod. He's been ordinary on a Brooklyn team that massively underachieved so far this year. They didn't deserve to get an All Star. They should have let the East have Anthony Davis for the game or something before putting Johnson in. Prokhorov paid some coaches off to get him in.

Don't take it personal. Bubble Screen hates life.

I just invited him in here. Can't wait to hear this. If anything, Wall might be the most underrated player in the league.

Nay, that would be Jose Calderon (IMO).  Most people know how good Wall is.  

• Like 1

Wall was asked to be in the skills and dunk contest too, let's hope he does at least 1!

Yep. I hope Wall accepts.

Good publicity for him is good publicity for the Wizards organization as a whole.

Would love to see him win the slam dunk contest.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Dunk contest is corny now. And Wall isn't a showboat dunker. He only dunks when the mood is right in a game.

But if he does it, I hope some other big names do it too.

What would be fascinating is a PG dunk contest with Wall, Rose, and Westbrook competing.

I don't think I've ever watched the skills competition. I'll watch it if he does it, but I don't even know what the point of it is.