Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

God they are taking a while to sort this out.

I'm surprised Camby pulled that move. He's like a 30 year vet.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:08 PM ----------

Seraphin showed more control then most there. Camby just shoved him onto the ground.

By his face no doubt.

I think the response from the refs was fair.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

Przybilla has three fouls already and Kurt Thomas can't get more than 10 minutes before he's got to change out his oxygen tank. This could swing our way if Aldridge has to take all the minutes at C now and they have to go small for the rest of the game.

These refs are ball busters. Crawford was screaming away from the ref, not even directly engaging him. What are players not allowed to say dirty words any more?

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

Holy Christ that was a ridiculous fast break on a made basket from Wall.

On a side note, his finishing touch around the rim is night and day from where it was at the beginning of the year.

The body language of the whole team looks much better the past two games.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:36 PM ----------

Nice ISO post up basket from McGee. Good sign IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing him score five of those a game.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

Wall... that's ridiculous. The Blazers are at half court and SPRINTING to get back when Wall got that rebound and he still beat them to the rim LOL!

The Blazers are chippy as hell tonight. Glad we're not taking their ****.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

Gotta pass out of that double team Crawford.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Przybilla is such a little punk. Going for the charge every time.

what do you guys think about this trade:

Wizards get: Andrew Bogut, Hedo Turkoglu, JJ Redick

Bucks get: JaVale McGee, Jordan Crawford, Rashard Lewis, Orlando's 2012 1st round pick, Washington's 2nd round pick

Magic get: Stephen Jackson, Andray Blatche

why the Wizards do it: Uncertainty on whether or not to give McGee the 50 million dollar deal he'll command in the off-season; could end up just letting him walk. We upgrade at center with Bogut over McGee, add a nice 3pt shooter who will work well with Wall's skill sets, and can Amnesty Turkoglu in the offseason and have only about 33 million committed to 8 players for 2012-13. That will set us up to be major players in free agency.

why the Bucks do it: apparently they are wanting to dump Bogut's salary and they also get to unload Stephen Jackson's lousy contract. They get Young pieces McGee and Crawford to add to their young core of Jennings and Ilyasova. They amnesty Lewis in the off-season (or they could exercise the buyout option).

Why the Magic do it: They get one of the players on Dwight Howard's "list" of guys he'd like to play with. They get to swap one bad contract (Hedo) for another bad contract (Andray). Hedo's contract is worst than Blatche's and I actually think Andray could succeed elsewhere if he got a change of scenery (and this is coming from the guy who thinks blatche is a total bum w/ a lousy attitude and work ethic)

Actually really impressed with NY's defense on Gerald Wallace tonight. He's not backing down at all and really playing him tough. That shooting slump he went through was killer though. Dug our hole a little too deep I'm afraid.

Happens all the time while Wittless sits there with his hands in his pockets. I wonder what Vesely did... He is tall though so maybe he was confused with a big and thus benched because Wittmanjust likes to do that randomly.

Seraphin forces his way out and we go small ball. Can we fire two coaches?

Edited by Destino

We've got to get better at the FT line as a team. That's the biggest difference in this game. Rebounds, assists, turnovers are all roughly even. Portland is shooting a bit better from the field. But we're shooting 67% from the line on 21 attempts and they're shooting 100% on 24 attempts...

Wittman hate tall people?

Wall

Young

Crawford

Singleton

Booker

This is the **** you close the game with? That lineup says "green light guards!", two of which have killed us. I hate this useless coach.

Edited by Destino

I'm done with Wittman. I can't take this idiot anymore. He's in love with guards and refuses to feed (and sometimes play) the bigs.

Booker Seraphin and McGee: 12/18 30 points

Wall young and Crawford: 16/45 43 points

Let the damn bigs get some attempts! We come off a huge game by all three of them and this clown cuts their balls off.

Edited by Destino

Who knows if we're even running plays really? Seems like a lot of the time it's just Nick Young dribbling around until he finds a shot.

All of the guards call their own number including Wall. Wittman is clearly at peace with that.

Our SGs shot a combined 7-23. Booker had more assists then Young and Crawford combined. Pathetic.

Speaking of Booker, another solid game against a good frontcourt. 9 points on just 5 shots taken, 10 rebounds(more then McGee, Seraphin, and Blatche COMBINED), a block and a steal. And as I just mentioned, two assists. He's become our 2nd best player.

Right now SG is easily the weakest part of the team. We simply don't get enough consistent production out of them. Best case scenario we let Young walk(or trade him for whatever I don't care anymore)and draft MKG or one of the Lambs.

I wouldn't trade for Bogut Gator. He's not healthy. He wouldn't make an impact and then he'll hit free agency. I also wouldn't swap Blatche for Redick and Turkoglu. Both are bad contracts. It'd be giving up one bad deal for two that are arguably worse. At least now we can bury Blatche on the bench and amnesty him, if need be, and buy out Rashard to be scot-free of bad contracts. With Turk and Redick, we're stuck with one or the other for several years.

I see no point in helping the Magic keep their franchise guy by getting him help and taking bad contracts off their hands.

I wouldn't trade for Bogut Gator. He's not healthy. He wouldn't make an impact and then he'll hit free agency. I also wouldn't swap Blatche for Redick and Turkoglu. Both are bad contracts. It'd be giving up one bad deal for two that are arguably worse. At least now we can bury Blatche on the bench and amnesty him, if need be, and buy out Rashard to be scot-free of bad contracts. With Turk and Redick, we're stuck with one or the other for several years.

I see no point in helping the Magic keep their franchise guy by getting him help and taking bad contracts off their hands.

Its tempting for me Steve. Boguts injury right now requires no surgery and I know he has been injury prone the last 2 seasons. But when healthy he is a very very good 2 way center that can run the pick&roll, shoot elbow jumpers and score outta the post. He also is a very stout post defender who is locked up for 2 more years.

Redick is the type of shooter we need off the bench he is a better version of Mason and would look nice spotting up on the break. He might be overpaid but with Wall he can be a useful piece.

Turk would get the amensty. And we would have a ton of capspace. I like this trade if we don't plan to offer McGee a long time deal and we can't swap him for a lottery pick.

what do you guys think about this trade:

Wizards get: Andrew Bogut, Hedo Turkoglu, JJ Redick

Bucks get: JaVale McGee, Jordan Crawford, Rashard Lewis, Orlando's 2012 1st round pick, Washington's 2nd round pick

Magic get: Stephen Jackson, Andray Blatche

The money

Wizards get:

Bogut 12, 13, and 14 million

Turkoglu 10.6, 11.4, 12.2

Redick 6.5 and 6

Total 2013 salary 31.1 million

Bucks get:

McGee 2.4 and RFA

Crawford 1.2, 2.2, and 3.2

Lewis 22.1 and 23.8

Total 2013 26 + McGee

Orlando

Jackson 9.3 and 10

Blatche 6.1, 7.1, 7.8, and 8.5

2013 17.1 million

Also I don't think we can amnesty a player we trade to get. I doubt it. Bogut gets injured and that's not going to improve with age, but we have to get something for McGee. We're losing him to a trade or for nothing so Bogut would be a gamble but it could pay off.

No big matters with Wittless here coaching though. He can't leave fast enough for me.

Edited by Destino

Its tempting for me Steve. Boguts injury right now requires no surgery and I know he has been injury prone the last 2 seasons. But when healthy he is a very very good 2 way center that can run the pick&roll, shoot elbow jumpers and score outta the post. He also is a very stout post defender who is locked up for 2 more years.

Redick is the type of shooter we need off the bench he is a better version of Mason and would look nice spotting up on the break. He might be overpaid but with Wall he can be a useful piece.

Turk would get the amensty. And we would have a ton of capspace. I like this trade if we don't plan to offer McGee a long time deal and we can't swap him for a lottery pick.

He's been injury prone since his rookie season and has only really been healthy two seasons of his career. If health wasn't a big concern moving forward, then why would Milwaukee be looking to deal him? He's out for the rest of this season and I have a bad feeling we'd be getting less than one full healthy year from him.

He's a good player no doubt. But he's just not available enough.

I could stomach Redick and his contract and production but he's such a limited player to be making 7 million per year. Feels like there is a much cheaper way to get what he brings.

I think we can do a lot better for JaVale. The word is that he's getting a lot of interest league wide.

Not really sure where to put these thoughts on the March Madness tourney, but we've been talking about Kentucky a lot in here so I'll state them here.

Kentucky's region (South) is an absolute bear this year. It has the best two and three seeds and the most dangerous low seeds by far. Duke and Baylor are two of the only non 1 seeds in the country that can come close to matching Kentucky's talent level. Getting VCU and Uconn, two final four teams from last year, one of which is the defending champion, in their region is also tough. It's not a stretch to see Uconn finally actualizing their talent--two potential top five draft picks--and getting hot at just the right time through the tourney. UNLV, Wichita State, and Xavier are all tough mid majors to get and Xavier and Whichita are demonstrably good tourney teams.

Plus Indiana is dangerous because Cody Zeller can match up well with any opposing five they see.

I can't wait to see how Kentucky responds. Their region is a crucible. I'm kind of giddy at the thought of Davis and MKG putting on some tourney heroics and powering the team to a final four run, and if they make it, they'll have earned it.

The region features the most potential NBA lottery picks by far.

By team seed:

1.) Anthony Davis

2.) MKG

3.) Marquis Teague

4.) Terrence Jones

5.) Austin Rivers

6.) Quincy Miller

7.) Perry Jones

8.) Cody Zeller

9.) Andre Drummond

10.) Jeremy Lamb

If all of those guys declared, they'd be like 10 of the first 20 picks most likely. And Mason Plumlee and Mike Moser at UNLV are no slouches either, and should probably go in the first round. I'm so freaking excited for the tourney, and this region in particular. Some lottery guy always has a breakout tourney performance that catapults/cements him and the likelihood is that it's coming here.

UNC has a fairly tough run too, getting Kansas in their region, and that's where you're getting the rest of your lotto picks pretty much. That's the other two seed I wouldn't want any part of. I'd much rather play Ohio State or Missouri. Then again, Marquette and Florida State strike me as much more dangerous 3s than Georgetown.

Syracuse looks very beatable and strike me as overrated based on early season performance. I could definitely see them losing to Kansas State, Vandy, or Wisconsin. And I think Florida State and Cincy have as good a chance to win the region as anyone else. What I want to see though, is Jared Sullinger power Ohio State to the final four and put on a dominant display in the process. I want to see Sullinger vs. Robinson vs. Drummond become an interesting debate come draft day.

The West is the weakest region by far IMO. Michigan St. as a one feels wrong, feels like a recipe for disappointment. Do they have a single NBA draft pick this year? Missouri looked good in their tourney too but they're not exactly flush in NBA talent either. Their best players are what, second round picks maybe? Denmon and Ratliffe are certainly good but they don't totally blow me away. Missouri should be the one seed over Michigan St. Hell, Florida is more talented than either of them and has just as much of a chance to win the region as they do. Ditto for Marquette.

Also, doesn't it kind of suck that Uconn can get into the tourney and Washington gets left out?