Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

According to this article, we tentatively have the 9th best odds in the draft lottery: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29299015/how-2020-nba-draft-lottery-works

But since we're in the plans for the restart tournament, our odds can change based on how we perform in the seeding tournament.  If I'm understanding this article correctly, we can actually play ourselves out of the lottery and into the playoffs via the tournament.

This is going to be weird.  Feels like there isn't a lot of upside for our team in particular if this seeding tournament and playoff structure proceeds as planned.  We're not going to make any kind of meaningful run, but there is a reasonable chance we make our lottery odds worse as anything could happen in a seeding tournament after a layoff since March.  It's going to be really interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No, you're not.  You are in 9th place playing for an 8th seed.  

Why you coming in here to try to kill what joy we have left?  Don't you have your own team to complain about?

On 6/13/2020 at 1:36 PM, method man said:

Anyone else listen to Gil’s appearance on Phil & Buck’s podcast yet?

Not yet, was curious about podcast, but can see they serious bringing Gil that quickly. I'm down.

Edited by Renegade7

7 hours ago, Destino said:

I may have forgotten the depth chart this season.  Is everyone healthy now?  I vaguely remember having about 8 healthy players.

It's not a memorable group.  I forgot Shabazz Napier and Jerome Robinson were on the team, and they were playing pretty big minutes before the shut down.  Whole season has been Beal and some guys.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's not a memorable group.  I forgot Shabazz Napier and Jerome Robinson were on the team, and they were playing pretty big minutes before the shut down.  Whole season has been Beal and some guys.

This is disrespectful to Davis Bertans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Why you coming in here to try to kill what joy we have left?  Don't you have your own team to complain about?

I was responding to his post that was not accurate.  The Wizards are not in the playoffs yet.  They have to play 8 more regular season games and earn a spot.  

25 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Bertans refuses to play the rest of the season.

I remember saying we should've traded him when we had the chance.  This is just some sad ****, for real for real.

I wouldn't want him back, sign and trade?