Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll be that optimist that hopes IT can at least be a solid bench player when Wall comes back.  Not only is he a PG but can create his own shot, our second u it has needed that for so long it's not even funny.

He wont be here when wall gets back

^ Gonna be a baaaad team.  20 wins would be a miraculous achievement.  There are some young guys that are intriguing, but they are unproven and there will be huge lumps.  I hope Bryant and Brown keep developing and Rui and Schofield show potential.  I think "development" is pretty much the theme of the entire roster.  

He was actually a very positive player before he hurt his hip.  He had a 4.8 VORP season, which is better than any that Beal or Wall have ever had.  And before that, he had 3.1 and 3.3  VORP seasons as well.

He is not our typical vet min trash signing.  He was a good and valuable player who was undone by a severe injury.

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Free Bradley Beal 

I'm not "freeing Bradley" unless he asks to be freed.

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

^ Gonna be a baaaad team.  20 wins would be a miraculous achievement.  There are some young guys that are intriguing, but they are unproven and there will be huge lumps.  I hope Bryant and Brown keep developing and Rui and Schofield show potential.  I think "development" is pretty much the theme of the entire roster.  

20 wins??

Nah. They won't be that bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That perfectly sums up the Wizards. 

The knicks could be worse. Who else?

it's the knicks and wizards by a mile over any other organization

Even the "dysfunctional" Lakers shed Magic and traded for Anthony Davis and are on track to succeed now. And that's WITHOUT Kawhi.

Just now, MEANDWARF said:

Look at it this way, we're have more ping-pong balls for the lottery. 

Again, that doesn't mean much anymore. The Knicks had the most ping pong balls for the lottery too. The Suns had a lot too and drafted like 8th. 😐

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The Ian Mahinmi contract is the gift that keeps on giving for this team.

The Wall/Beal era could have been greatness if Ernie wasn’t garbage and he didn’t strike out horribly in the 2016 offseason. 

When the Mahinmi contract finally comes off the books, I’m gonna go on a mojito bender that would put Ernest Hemingway to shame.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

it's the knicks and wizards by a mile over any other organization

Even the "dysfunctional" Lakers shed Magic and traded for Anthony Davis and are on track to succeed now. And that's WITHOUT Kawhi.

Again, that doesn't mean much anymore. The Knicks had the most ping pong balls for the lottery too. The Suns had a lot too and drafted like 8th. 😐

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Not anymore.

Then why have the lottery then? This has always bogs my mind how the NBA thinks this is fair. 

• Like 1